Brenden Aaronson

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Victor_Notts-17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Brenden Aaronson- Expected to depart this summer

Post by Victor_Notts-17 »

Aaronson's relegation release fee is £25m btw
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 6:49 pm Aaronson's relegation release fee is £25m btw
No one will pay that given his body of work this past year. If all of the wingers leave as has been rumored, he does have a path to start and play consistently.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

Release clauses work both ways, it shouldn't always be about the player and the agent who agreed the deal, the club need to get their valuation back, albeit sky high for his performance and contribution to our erm...relegation.
Same goes for all the others too.

We could just say no and make him play in a difficult division, I'm not too sure he'd come through it in once piece though.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Brenden Aaronson

Post by 1964white »

Spurs

Good
1 run
1 interception

Bad
2 uncontrolled the ball

35 minutes for this, and some of our fans rate Brenden

1/10
Jimstorrie
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jimstorrie »

Just been reading an old article, May 2022, in World Soccer a feature on Red Bull.
Their piece on Aaronson ends ' he can also mix it physically with the most obdurate of opponents'.
In which parallel universe?
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Brenden Aaronson in the starting eleven tonight for USA vs Canada in the CONCACAF Nation's League Final. He's replacing Weston McKennie who got a Red Card in the semifinal.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Brenden had a good game playing in a very defensive role. Sometimes the formation looked like a 4-2-3-1 with BA playing on the right next to Yanus Musah. More often the formation looked like a 4-3-3 with BA playing on the right side in the traditional McKennie spot. His job was to harass, create defensive mismatches, and destroy. He teamed up with Tim Weah and Joe Scally to completely shut down Alphonso Davies.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

We should keep him, but he may go out on loan, if an acceptable offer is not forthcoming. Much will depend on finance, what the new coach wants and to a certain extent what Aaronson wants.
It is folly to judge a player on one season here. Albeit I am guilty of that with Roca, but he has no pace or acceleration to speak of and those attributes are very much an integral part of the modern game.
King Hennessy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by King Hennessy »

DDB220 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:14 pm We should keep him, but he may go out on loan, if an acceptable offer is not forthcoming. Much will depend on finance, what the new coach wants and to a certain extent what Aaronson wants.
It is folly to judge a player on one season here. Albeit I am guilty of that with Roca, but he has no pace or acceleration to speak of and those attributes are very much an integral part of the modern game.
Yes, his confidence was shot after his mid season struggles. He was unlucky with a few of his shots at goal, but overall his end product was very poor. He was definitely lightweight and got knocked to the ground far to easily. I wouldn't mind seeing him stick with the squad in the championship. Him, Gnonto, Summerville, and Rutter could all benefit from regular playing time in the championship and could play vital roles in getting the team back into the premier League. I would love to see it, I feel they would get good experience playing together, improve their skills and gain confidence. Its a long shot we are able to keep any of them but I'd like to see it. Add Gelhardt, perkins, and Joseph in the mix, and we have some young attackers who can go out there and get some good experience in the championship.
From a far away land that some call "Chiraq"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -loan.html

Another one.

Fulham trying to loan Aaronson.

Mention the loan clause again.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:00 pm https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -loan.html

Another one.

Fulham trying to loan Aaronson.

Mention the loan clause again.
I do not think the loan option is a bad clause. The players loan exit reduces the wage bill, they continue to gain top flight experience and such a move is just as likely to enhance their value, rather than the opposite. I would be surprised if we are the only club who employ this strategy.
Ben Scooby lufc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Ben Scooby lufc »

It's the way he plays that caught our eye. At times very quick with his turns and dribbles......but did we really see much else??
He still needs to strengthen a fair bit for the English game. If good money was offered I'd cash in.
;-) Yeboah against Liverpool :!: :!: Crossbar and in. :love: :love:
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

JoeDenver wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 7:12 pm No one will pay that given his body of work this past year. If all of the wingers leave as has been rumored, he does have a path to start and play consistently.
Does he have the ability though . Without Orta maybe the money could be spent more wisely, now an idiot doesn't have his hands on the purse strings 🤔
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

DDB220 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:44 am I do not think the loan option is a bad clause. The players loan exit reduces the wage bill, they continue to gain top flight experience and such a move is just as likely to enhance their value, rather than the opposite. I would be surprised if we are the only club who employ this strategy.
I've never heard of a relegation loan clause.

Yes it may reduce the wage bill but many relegated clubs need sales to finance rebuilds. If Radz hadn't sold he definitely would have.

So the loan clause makes no sense from that perspective, and we don't really know the financial capabilities of the 49ers yet.

Enhancing value by loan doesn't help us as we are agreeing options to buy at the low price anyway

So even if Llorente was a world beater for Roma we only get the low price we agreed.

It doesn't make sense to me.

We don't get money for a rebuild.
We aren't going to benefit in the future financially if they do well.

If they do poorly then they are back here again next year anyway but with a year less on there contract and even lower value (Dan James for example).

It's not a sensible thing imo it's frankly bizarre.

I honestly don't think it's a regular thing, you don't see other relegated clubs loaning out players (Sarr and Joao Pedro at Watford, Buendia at Norwich).

Aside from the wage bill thing we have 0 benefit.

The buying club has all the benefit.

Low price
Low loan fee if any
No obligation to buy.

We lose loads of players, get no money to replace them, have no long term financial benefit if they do well and end up with them worth less a year later if they don't.
Signed

King Cjay

danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:21 pm I've never heard of a relegation loan clause.

Yes it may reduce the wage bill but many relegated clubs need sales to finance rebuilds. If Radz hadn't sold he definitely would have.

So the loan clause makes no sense from that perspective, and we don't really know the financial capabilities of the 49ers yet.

Enhancing value by loan doesn't help us as we are agreeing options to buy at the low price anyway

So even if Llorente was a world beater for Roma we only get the low price we agreed.

It doesn't make sense to me.

We don't get money for a rebuild.
We aren't going to benefit in the future financially if they do well.

If they do poorly then they are back here again next year anyway but with a year less on there contract and even lower value (Dan James for example).

It's not a sensible thing imo it's frankly bizarre.

I honestly don't think it's a regular thing, you don't see other relegated clubs loaning out players (Sarr and Joao Pedro at Watford, Buendia at Norwich).

Aside from the wage bill thing we have 0 benefit.

The buying club has all the benefit.

Low price
Low loan fee if any
No obligation to buy.

We lose loads of players, get no money to replace them, have no long term financial benefit if they do well and end up with them worth less a year later if they don't.
loan, then take him back if (when) we got promoted after the first season

obviously a gamble but stops you having a prem side, selling it all on the cheap once you go down, and then having to rebuild completely once you get promoted again

although, saying that, I wouldn't want him back in the prem tbh

as you say we also surely need some funds to rebuild the team...
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

It's a bizarre one. The only benefits I can see for the club are to a) reduce the wage bill and b) still have the player if we get promoted.

Now point A becomes somewhat irrelevant as by selling the player instead of loaning you reduce the wage bill by the same amount and you would also have extra funds in case the wagebill was still too high.

Point B sees us having the benefit of having the player come back to us if we are promoted. So if we took Rasmus's case and Drameh plays as our right back all season and we get promoted do we really want Rasmus back? He wouldn't be coming back as a starter so we have just loaned him out for a season allowing his value to depreciate. So whilst we may want some players back after the loan we likely wouldn't want all of them, after all they are the players who got us relegated. And what happens if we don't get promoted? Are they allowed to simply go out on loan again for another year which might well see some of them in the final year of their contract.

It all seems stupid. I am fine with the players having relelgation release clauses, somewher around their value. That makes sense for both parties, the player has the opportunity to play at the higher level and the club at least recoups an amount of money that they have been happy to set. If no one comes in for the player then yes maybe look to loan them out. But to have it as a fairly standard clause in the contract including for a player approaching his last season, like Koch and Rodrigo, is just ludicrous. It isn't like we were signing world class superstars who were stepping down to join Leeds and doing us a big favour (despite what Weston's mate thinks, or Tom Stickyfingers thinks). It isn't like we'd have no choice but to insert these clasues as we were so desperate to sign those players. If those players thought so much of themselves then surely we could have targetted alternatives that would have been jumping at the chance to come. So to me it seems like it was more of a club policy to insert these clauses rather than the player agents. It makes Ridsdale look like a financial genius by comparison.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

danhirons wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:44 pm loan, then take him back if (when) we got promoted after the first season

obviously a gamble but stops you having a prem side, selling it all on the cheap once you go down, and then having to rebuild completely once you get promoted again

although, saying that, I wouldn't want him back in the prem tbh

as you say we also surely need some funds to rebuild the team...
We seem to be agreeing on options to buy though anyway at low value.

Kristensen and Llorente according to Italian media have options worth £14-15mil the pair which is a loss of 50%.

So isn't even like we may get higher fees if they do well, or have the option of keeping them for next season if promoted

Only way we have that option is if they do badly then we wouldn't want them back.

OK no one is going to be to upset about them going.

But isn't just them, if they have them it stands to reason Gnonto may, or Sinisterra or Adams or Rutter or Summerville.

There has already been talk of loans for Adams and Sinisterra and Rutter.

So we could loan out our better players, agree low transfer fee options and be screwed either way.

No money to fund replacement and no chance if a long term benefit.
It's weird.
Signed

King Cjay

danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:47 pm We seem to be agreeing on options to buy though anyway at low value.

Kristensen and Llorente according to Italian media have options worth £14-15mil the pair which is a loss of 50%.

So isn't even like we may get higher fees if they do well, or have the option of keeping them for next season if promoted

Only way we have that option is if they do badly then we wouldn't want them back.

OK no one is going to be to upset about them going.

But isn't just them, if they have them it stands to reason Gnonto may, or Sinisterra or Adams or Rutter or Summerville.

There has already been talk of loans for Adams and Sinisterra and Rutter.

So we could loan out our better players, agree low transfer fee options and be screwed either way.

No money to fund replacement and no chance if a long term benefit.
It's weird.
I mean it is kind of weird, but for adams, sini etc. if they don't want to play in the championship, I'd support loaning them out to then have them back if we can get promoted this year as they'd be great to have back in the prem

about players valuations, I guess we should just wait to see what fees we accept rather than what's being mooted in the italian press, obviously 14-15 mill for the pair kristensen and llorente wouldn't be good business

obviously the loan for dan james, costa etc. didn't work - but it would work if we had players who were half decent aha
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Good old Victor and Angus and those stupid loan clauses.

Lot of huff and puff but little quality.

How hes gotten a move to the Bundesliga and had Premier league interest I'll never know.

Probably helps those loan clauses.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Biggest disapppointment of last season.