Brenden Aaronson

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Brenden Aaronson

Post by weasel »

JoeDenver wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:31 pm I’m wondering if there’s a split opinion in the locker room and players aren’t saying anything so as to avoid conflict. They’ve got a relegation fight on their hands and I think they are just trying to stay focused on the task at hand. My 2 cents…
I'd still think that even if there was a split then those that were on JM's side would have said nice things even just wishing him the best. For nothing nice to be said from anyone really does suggest he had lost the changing room completely. If i was a split in opinion I doubt players would be upset to see a team mate wishing Marsch the best.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Thought BA looked great yesterday. Lively on the ball. Good free kick. Of course he seems better against top teams who are more open than lower teams.
wilsdenwhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by wilsdenwhite »

Noticed often recently Aaronson loves to duck out of tackles and he was at it again yesterday. It went unnoticed early in the season when we were on top in games and he was getting forward aplenty but now the tables have turned and we are up against it you need everyone to put in a tackle and show some grit especially when you are behind in games but this seems to be beyond Aaronson. Our midfield hard men of yesteryear probably can't quite believe what they are seeing and neither can I. Someone needs to have a word.
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

These two would take NO prisoners, nor put in inept performances, nor let the club down badly.

IMG-20230218-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20230218-WA0004.jpg (44.77 KiB) Viewed 887 times
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Lufcheidi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @FollowMeAndLUFC

Post by Lufcheidi »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:56 am These two would take NO prisoners, nor put in inept performances, nor let the club down badly.

IMG-20230218-WA0004.jpg
A fantastic pair of players I was privileged to see play.!Billy will always be my hero.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Me too hiedi, terrific players,neither would let you down
"Side before self, everytime"
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:56 am These two would take NO prisoners, nor put in inept performances, nor let the club down badly.

IMG-20230218-WA0004.jpg
My two favourite players of all-time.

Billy & Johnny make Adams & McKennie look passive.

Bremner & Giles scored 180 goals between them for Leeds, can anyone visualise our new midfield duo actually scoring a goal.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

1964white wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:32 am My two favourite players of all-time.

Bremner & Giles scored 180 goals between them for Leeds, can anyone visualise our new midfield duo actually scoring a goal.
Those 2 will get 180 bookings way they are going.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Another of Orta's signings with good running stats etc but not particularly suited to the premier league.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:32 am My two favourite players of all-time.

Current football laws would have seen Billy and Johnny red carded every single game. Especially with VAR. Football is nearly a non contact sport these days
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:33 am Those 2 will get 180 bookings way they are going.
Isn't McKennie on three yellows in two & a bit games.

Adams was lucky not to go for an early bath yesterday :redc:
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

weasel wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:07 am Another of Orta's signings with good running stats etc but not particularly suited to the premier league.
I had concerns over his ability to handle the physicality in the Premier League. Those concerns came as a result of watching him in CONCACAF World Cup qualifying. The Central American teams figured out that they could bully him off the ball. Knock him down. And really disrupt his ability to impact the matches. It didn't take Premier League players very long to figure it out either. About 3 matches or so. And he really has not been effective since.

My conclusion is much like yours. I think he's better suited for life at a club like PSV Eindhoven in the Dutch League. Or maybe one of the better sides in the German Bundesliga. If/when we go down to the Championship I'm not sure he would fare any better there. He is clearly a skilled player. But there is a reason why he was not in the USA starting eleven at the WC.

To be clear I would LOVE it for him to prove me wrong. I think Brenden is a great kid. And a good representative of LUFC.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:14 pm Isn't McKennie on three yellows in two & a bit games.

Adams was lucky not to go for an early bath yesterday :redc:
Felt McKennie disappeared after his booking yesterday. Still to see what he offers us that Klich didn't. Wober looks to be the only January signing that can make an impact for us this season. Don't understand why McKennie looked exhausted yesterday long before he was taken off. Hoped for a lot more from him but have been very underwhelmed so far.
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

weasel wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:42 pm Felt McKennie disappeared after his booking yesterday. Still to see what he offers us that Klich didn't. Wober looks to be the only January signing that can make an impact for us this season. Don't understand why McKennie looked exhausted yesterday long before he was taken off. Hoped for a lot more from him but have been very underwhelmed so far.
McKennie is being played out of position in a double pivot. To my eyes he looks like a player that really doesn't know his role yet. Which is understandable given that we no Manager or direction. I think if we stay up he will shine under a good Manager. If we go down he will not be at Leeds United next season.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:51 pm McKennie is being played out of position in a double pivot. To my eyes he looks like a player that really doesn't know his role yet. Which is understandable given that we no Manager or direction. I think if we stay up he will shine under a good Manager. If we go down he will not be at Leeds United next season.
I think you're probably spot on with your assessment on him. The whole team is disjointed with players not really knowing their roles and trying to mishmash 2, maybe even 3 now, ways of playing into 1. A lot for me now is getting the basics in place and allowing players to shine. I still feel there is more than enough quality in the squad to stay up but the players need clarity and that comes from the manager. Skubala is in a tough position as he has no real pressnce so as to be able to dictate to the team how we should play - he isn't an ex-pro and hasn't managed at any senior level so he couldn't really go in and tell the players how to play etc. As such he is reliant on the 'leadership council' but you then have them probably suggesting how they want to play but that may not suit all the players in the team, as I've mentioned elsewhere we have a midfield that doesn't know how to play the previous way and we all know how important KP was to our way of playing and we have no one doing that job (hence why in my team selections I had Wober for that role and wouldn't be against Gyabi being given the chance there). We need someone to come in and know how to fit all the jogsaw pieces together to make the picture clearer. Skubala, for all his experience at various things, hasn't relly had any experience of knitting an 11 a side team together so that all the individual players work together as a team.

We need someone to come in with clarity. Whether their tactics are right or wrong it will still likely work better than half a team doing one things, 2 or 3 doing another thing and the other couple of players just not sure and doing whatever comes naturally to them. Even if it a case of it being a style we aren't accustomed to it is about getting all 11 players playing to that way.

I'm not reading too much into the Everton result. They do seem to be our bogey side, especially at their ground. We had a couple of good chances to go in front, if we did that we probably would have won. We were poor, they were poor too, the match was poor and it suited them more. What we need to see now is a performance and result against Southampton.The game should, in theory, be more open and hopefully suit us better.
Bally
First Team
First Team

Post by Bally »

Aaronson Looks like a younger boy playing against boys a lot older,out of his depth
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Brenden playing in the U21 vs Villa tonight.
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:39 pm I had concerns over his ability to handle the physicality in the Premier League. Those concerns came as a result of watching him in CONCACAF World Cup qualifying. The Central American teams figured out that they could bully him off the ball. Knock him down. And really disrupt his ability to impact the matches. It didn't take Premier League players very long to figure it out either. About 3 matches or so. And he really has not been effective since.

My conclusion is much like yours. I think he's better suited for life at a club like PSV Eindhoven in the Dutch League. Or maybe one of the better sides in the German Bundesliga. If/when we go down to the Championship I'm not sure he would fare any better there. He is clearly a skilled player. But there is a reason why he was not in the USA starting eleven at the WC.

To be clear I would LOVE it for him to prove me wrong. I think Brenden is a great kid. And a good representative of LUFC.
Agree Paul, top end Dutch league or mid-table Bundesliga (or perhaps Spain?). I feel the Championship would confine him to the physio room for long stretches. Would love for him to prove everyone wrong, though.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Aaronson v Chelsea

Good
2 decent runs
2 good lay-offs
1 decent pass
1 tackle

Bad
2 lost possession
2 poor passes
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Better.

Still hangs on to the ball a bit to long but felt his end product was better today.

Used the ball better (nearly 90% pass accuracy and created 2 chances).

There is talent there and was unlucky with his shot that keeper saved.

But probably again another player whose being asked to do to much to soon similar to Rutter and Gnonto and Summerville.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom