Leeds Utd v Newcastle Utd Match Thread - Rodrigo starts, Joffy on the bench

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd v Newcastle Utd Match Thread - Rodrigo starts, Joffy on the bench

Post by SG90 »

Bongo1874 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:36 pm But it did when you beat the hammers last week?
He was injured last week.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

And fortunately Roberts was suspended

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

Bongo1874
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bongo1874 »

SG90 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:39 pm He was injured last week.
Right but you played kids last week in bate, the young lad you got from Celtic left footer?

The way some are carrying on it's the end of the world due to a game which on an another day you win easy.

Crazy passionate support but feck me we just had to accept a draw with Watford that's our second win today 😂I guarantee you will still finish above us, and I'll guarantee with anyone on this forum we both stay up.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Bongo1874 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:31 pm The reaction from here is over the top, Newcastle fan here, on an another day you would of beaten us 2or 3-0 James miss is a shocker both of them, you had chances, we needed that win more than you, if you want I'll swap howe for Marcelo? Howe has got us playing more positive we press far more under him, and matched you're runs all over the park today, but you were the better team and didn't deserve to lose that match, you have villa next away, I'm telling you now you better hope Marcelo stays on, it's down to him you are even in the Premier League, and if invested properly you could easily be a mid table team pushing towards Europa league, what that man has achieved is nothing short of incredible, if Phillips and Bamford had played today, my team wouldn't of won that game it's that simple, you miss kalv and paddy, keep the head I told you we would both stay up, you're still 7 points clear of us barcodes as you call us, feck me man get a couple players in before the window shuts and paddy back you will be fine 👍, people calling for Marcelos head 😂😂 you lose him mark my words you will fall apart, he's the man that makes you the club you are, he's brought life and belief back into you're club appreciate what you have.
We are not all doom and gloom. Chances are if we had scored first we would have gone on to win comfortably. We didn’t you get a relatively soft one and that is that. I hope this kick starts your season as no sensible football fan would like to seen the toon relegated. Burnley and Watford look doomed to me. 3rd spot could be one of 3 or 4 including Brentford who are not out of it either.
Fans get irate at Bielsa’s apparent stubbornness at not playing Gelhardt up top when we all know better and after a game like that we are even more convinced.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

We get into so many good crossing positions then more often than not just hoof it in without any composure. I'm not even going to single out one player ,everyone is guilty,plus it would help if our forwards gambled and made runs.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Bongo1874 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:31 pm The reaction from here is over the top, Newcastle fan here, on an another day you would of beaten us 2or 3-0 James miss is a shocker both of them, you had chances, we needed that win more than you, if you want I'll swap howe for Marcelo? Howe has got us playing more positive we press far more under him, and matched you're runs all over the park today, but you were the better team and didn't deserve to lose that match, you have villa next away, I'm telling you now you better hope Marcelo stays on, it's down to him you are even in the Premier League, and if invested properly you could easily be a mid table team pushing towards Europa league, what that man has achieved is nothing short of incredible, if Phillips and Bamford had played today, my team wouldn't of won that game it's that simple, you miss kalv and paddy, keep the head I told you we would both stay up, you're still 7 points clear of us barcodes as you call us, feck me man get a couple players in before the window shuts and paddy back you will be fine 👍, people calling for Marcelos head 😂😂 you lose him mark my words you will fall apart, he's the man that makes you the club you are, he's brought life and belief back into you're club appreciate what you have.
I'd rather be chasing promotion

What a thoroughly depressing existence.

Just hoping to get Europa League occasionally.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Bongo1874 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:42 pm Right but you played kids last week in bate, the young lad you got from Celtic left footer?

The way some are carrying on it's the end of the world due to a game which on an another day you win easy.

Crazy passionate support but feck me we just had to accept a draw with Watford that's our second win today 😂I guarantee you will still finish above us, and I'll guarantee with anyone on this forum we both stay up.
Thought Hjelde was brilliant last week wouldn't have dropped him personally.
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

For me James is bang average ..he was at man u
Aswell.
Yeah he can run but end product is atrocious.
It should be him or Harrison that start ,not both
Harrison can produce an end finish.

James never has& never will.
Hickco84
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Hickco84 »

Newcastle had a good game plan today closed off the spaces, defended well and got the luck. We were decent but the final 3rd cost us today. Joffy needed to come earlier and boy do we miss bamford.

Sent from my CPH2207 using Tapatalk

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Bongo1874 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:42 pm Right but you played kids last week in bate, the young lad you got from Celtic left footer?

And both of them nowhere near the side today, but the same underperforming favourites get picked. It's a complete myth that Bielsa gives youth a chance.
Bongo1874
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bongo1874 »

DDB220 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:43 pm We are not all doom and gloom. Chances are if we had scored first we would have gone on to win comfortably. We didn’t you get a relatively soft one and that is that. I hope this kick starts your season as no sensible football fan would like to seen the toon relegated. Burnley and Watford look doomed to me. 3rd spot could be one of 3 or 4 including Brentford who are not out of it either.
Fans get irate at Bielsa’s apparent stubbornness at not playing Gelhardt up top when we all know better and after a game like that we are even more convinced.
I don't disagree but Gelhardt is still young, he and many other great youth players will have the chance, it's to much to put on him to win games for you, James, Rodrigo are far more experienced Roberts so Marcelo will lean on those players and trust them more, we have the longstaffs who are quite good, but they aren't first team starters yet, they need put in at the right times.

Or you will ruin them.

Leeds are a big jump from Wigan.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Bongo1874 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:36 pm But it did when you beat the hammers last week?
I don't think it makes sense to put Robert's on ahead of Geldhert when we're at 0-0 is what I'm saying Bongo

Neither were in the squad last week
Bongo1874
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bongo1874 »

SG90 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:50 pm And both of them nowhere near the side today, but the same underperforming favourites get picked. It's a complete myth that Bielsa gives youth a chance.
And if he gives these lads a chance in the best league in the world, would you come on and defend him or would you still moan?

Has Marcelo had a full first team squad to pick from at any point during this league campaign?

He's played his fair share of kids , Gelhardt, Summervile, Bate, the defender Hjede, Drameh? Cresswell?
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

BGwhite wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:37 pm Thought all PL goals are VAR checked

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
Nah, it was def offside, but as it was against us....you know the PL is more bent than a gay guy on grinder?
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
Spotty
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Spotty »

Thought overall a draw would have been a fair result. We have had no luck, honestly, none all season and I thought we should have had a pen after ASM incident.

Not much quality on show was there. Still think we'll go down but, as Leeds fans can concur with......it's the hope that kills you.

You lot must be thinking how do we go to WHU and win and then this. Crazy league, right. Good luck for the rest of the season. You'll be fine and in my honest opinion, talk of you guys going down is utter nonsense.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Bongo1874 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:55 pm And if he gives these lads a chance in the best league in the world, would you come on and defend him or would you still moan?

Has Marcelo had a full first team squad to pick from at any point during this league campaign?

He's played his fair share of kids , Gelhardt, Summervile, Bate, the defender Hjede, Drameh? Cresswell?
He doesn't, that's the point. Which of them get a chance without injuries? None. Favouritism over dross like Roberts preventing exciting talents like Gelhardt is what's costing us points.
Bongo1874
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bongo1874 »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:47 pm I'd rather be chasing promotion

What a thoroughly depressing existence.

Just hoping to get Europa League occasionally.
Rome wasn't built in a day, you can only piss with the c**k you currently have 😉 if you want to take the next step, keeping Marcelo is needed but also more investment into squad 👍, Marcelo has to bite the bullet and agree to a larger squad of players between 26/28 if you aspire to play European football.

It's a process trust it.

Hopefully you're board and investors can deliver it, you have the man in place to do it, but he needs backing.
Bongo1874
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bongo1874 »

Spotty wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:00 pm Thought overall a draw would have been a fair result. We have had no luck, honestly, none all season and I thought we should have had a pen after ASM incident.

Not much quality on show was there. Still think we'll go down but, as Leeds fans can concur with......it's the hope that kills you.

You lot must be thinking how do we go to WHU and win and then this. Crazy league, right. Good luck for the rest of the season. You'll be fine and in my honest opinion, talk of you guys going down is utter nonsense.
We will stay up mate 👍 both teams will.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

The dilemma facing Bielsa is how he can play 3 wingers in the side. He is determined to do so when they are all fit and has chopped and changed them in various positions. Ultimately it is a dilemma which needs to be solved soon or dispensed with.
James will never be a 9. He does not have the composure or the nous to play in and around the 6 yard box. But that is not to say he doesn’t deserve his place in the side. His pace creates panic in most of the opposition. Is he worth what we paid ???? To early to answer that for me.
Gelhardt is young, but so was Owen, Fowler, Rooney and countless other forwards when they broke onto the scene. He is ready to play in my book and deserves his chance.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Bongo1874 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:02 pmMarcelo has to bite the bullet and agree to a larger squad of players between 26/28 if you aspire to play European football.
That will never happen. Nor will be move on from his favourites from four seasons ago.