Is Russia preparing to invade Ukraine?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Is Russia preparing to invade Ukraine?

Post by Broad Ford »

Mountain wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:45 am You say pro democracy and pro western like they're bad things.

As for chosen cliques and grabbing power, they're up against Putin and Russia, the masters of that behaviour.
Western democracy is based on lies layered upon lie after lie. Is that a good thing?

Manipulation of the facts blended with lies is a less than human behaviour that both east and western powers are good at. The difference between them is that Putin is a leader of traditional values like the family unit and church, meanwhile the west works to erode these fundamental pillars of civilisation and to replace them with something new.

Would you trust an institution that has worked well for millennia, or would you place your trust in a screen in your home, on your wrist or in your pocket?

Meanwhile the west continues to poke the bear, as well as the panda in China.
If you don't know where you are going, every road will get you nowhere.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Broad Ford wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:25 pm The difference between them is that Putin is a leader of traditional values like the family unit and church, meanwhile the west works to erode these fundamental pillars of civilisation and to replace them with something new.
I would far prefer to live in Western democracies with our freedoms, of expression, of choice, freedom of the press, than to live on Russia. Even if the leader loves the "family unit" and the Church, in I'd still much prefer democracies where discrimination based on sexuality or religion is prohibited
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

So the Russians are coming to nick our rain :duno:

I know it's been getting hotter in Siberia, but I didn't think they were that thirsty 8-)
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Broad Ford »

Mountain wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:57 pm I would far prefer to live in Western democracies with our freedoms, of expression, of choice, freedom of the press, than to live on Russia. Even if the leader loves the "family unit" and the Church, in I'd still much prefer democracies where discrimination based on sexuality or religion is prohibited
These freedoms you speak of have tightly controlled parameters of which one must not go beyond. When one strays outside of these boundaries of thought, speech or expression then your free press labels them with nasty little names. Jeremy Corbyn found out to his cost how this works, along with many others before him.

I'd much rather listen to Putin than the lying manipulative gang that are sitting at the heart of power in London and using the media to beguil and demoralise the masses year after year, keeping themselves at the heart of government and without a credible opposition capable of removing them.
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Broad Ford wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:03 am

I'd much rather listen to Putin than the lying manipulative gang that are sitting at the heart of power in London
Yeah Vlad the impaler is a little cherub bless,
Just ask novichok poisoning victim Alexei Navalny ,

when asked about it by the corrupt west
Mr Putin said....he had it coming!!

Good auld Vlad he tends to win elections.

:hamr: :gun: :bulance:
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Broad Ford wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:03 am When one strays outside of these boundaries of thought, speech or expression then your free press labels them with nasty little names. Jeremy Corbyn found out to his cost...
liggy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:21 am Yeah Vlad the impaler is a little cherub bless,
Just ask novichok poisoning victim Alexei Navalny ,
Have to admit I'd prefer democracy, even if freedom of the press sees politicians called names, over regimes where political opponents and journalists are murdered.
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Broad Ford »

Mountain wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:13 am Have to admit I'd prefer democracy, even if freedom of the press sees politicians called names, over regimes where political opponents and journalists are murdered.
Yet you ignore these huge fields of crosses erected in our time. Is not an ounce of empathy and emotion offered for these countless young men from the east, sacrificed in the name of depriving Russia of a black sea naval base? What does NATO have in store for its future citizens? I dread to think.

As to vlad murdering the opposition. Doesn't NATO still have an ongoing Gladio operation that points towards state operatives carrying out acts of murder and terror bombings for the media to then label groups and individuals as guilty? A much loved British police woman Jill Dando went one step too far on live TV and paid with her life a week later.
Then we have another police lady in Yvonne Fletcher shot dead, we are told by a free to lie media, from an embassy window.

Other than state ordered execution for the media to then frame others, they could just call the enemy target name after nasty name, where the beguiled ordinary then soaks it up over breakfast every morning.

Freedom of the press is just being free to beguile others.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

You don't like NATO so democracy is bad? I don't follow that logic.

Anyway, I live in a country that's not even a member of NATO, but we do enjoy democracy, freedom of association, of the press etc. The family is supported, people can practise a religion, or not, discrimination against LGBT or on the grounds of religion are prohibited, people can vote for who they like, the Government does not kill opponents or journalists etc. I very much like democracy.
Last edited by Mountain on Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Broad Ford »

Mountain wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:11 pm You don't like NATO so democracy is bad? I don't follow that logic.

Anyway, I live in a country that's not even a member of NATO, but we do enjoy democracy, freedom of association, of the press etc. The family is supported, people can practise a religion, or not, discrimination against LGBT or on the grounds of religion are prohibited, people can vote for who they like, the Government does not kill opponents or journalists etc. I very much like democracy.
And the democratic Ukraine government of unelected gangsters sending young eastern European men to their deaths in the name of a naval base in the Crimea is a democratic thing to do is it? NATO is formed from democratic western countries insisting upon poking the Russain bear until the blood of young beguiled men runs into a sea turning it black. How many western and eastern Ukrainian men and civilians need to die to quench the thirst of NATO objectives?

I refuse to be beguiled by a media that serves NATO propoganda on a daily basis and threatens to drag a conflict on for decades, along with a massive death toll of peoples from eastern europe.

Regarding discrimination of the GLBT community in Russia. Putin speaks on U-Tube and his message is that this community can continue as they please, but hope's that more Russians remain with traditional institutions, nuclear family, church, etc. I detected no hate whatsoever in the video.

Could you please explain where the GLBT and religious discrimination from Putin's continuous government comes from, or am I right in guessing that it's from the free to tell pork pies western media you rely on for your opinions on current affairs, international incidents and the brewing of conflict, war and the subsequent sorrow that follows.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Broad Ford wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:29 pm Other than state ordered execution for the media to then frame others, they could just call the enemy target name after nasty name, where the beguiled ordinary then soaks it up over breakfast every morning.

Freedom of the press is just being free to beguile others.
Broad Ford wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:13 pm And the democratic Ukraine government of unelected gangsters sending young eastern European men to their deaths in the name of a naval base in the Crimea is a democratic thing to do is it? NATO is formed from democratic western countries insisting upon poking the Russain bear until the blood of young beguiled men runs into a sea turning it black. How many western and eastern Ukrainian men and civilians need to die to quench the thirst of NATO objectives?

I refuse to be beguiled by a media that serves NATO propoganda on a daily basis and threatens to drag a conflict on for decades, along with a massive death toll of peoples from eastern europe.

Regarding discrimination of the GLBT community in Russia. Putin speaks on U-Tube and his message is that this community can continue as they please, but hope's that more Russians remain with traditional institutions, nuclear family, church, etc. I detected no hate whatsoever in the video.

Could you please explain where the GLBT and religious discrimination from Putin's continuous government comes from, or am I right in guessing that it's from the free to tell pork pies western media you rely on for your opinions on current affairs, international incidents and the brewing of conflict, war and the subsequent sorrow that follows.
You really like the word beguile!

I repeat, I'm from a country that is not a member of NATO. Democracy and NATO are completely different concepts. One can like democracy and criticise both Russia for Putin:s fondness for murdering opponents and journalists, and also NATO.

What's GLBT? That's an acronym I haven't seen before. Is B is for "beguile"?
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

I'm flaming mad we lost to newcastle, newcastle ffs, 1 win all season and your'e arguing over Ukraine !!
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

I don't know but its playing havoc with the stock market
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Tyzy wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:52 pm I don't know but its playing havoc with the stock market
Yeah it's a reet shame the markets are down :roll:

Especially as we could be on the brink of a devastating war in Europe with the potential for thousands of men women and children killed. .....ffs man. :chair:
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

Broad Ford wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:25 pm Western democracy is based on lies layered upon lie after lie. Is that a good thing?

Manipulation of the facts blended with lies is a less than human behaviour that both east and western powers are good at. The difference between them is that Putin is a leader of traditional values like the family unit and church, meanwhile the west works to erode these fundamental pillars of civilisation and to replace them with something new.

Would you trust an institution that has worked well for millennia, or would you place your trust in a screen in your home, on your wrist or in your pocket?

Meanwhile the west continues to poke the bear, as well as the panda in China.
The only thing traditional about Putin is his Tsar like behaviour in holding onto power indefinitely, locking up political opponents, organising the killing of particular opponents in whatever country they happen to be living in, gathering as much wealth as he can for himself and using resources belonging to the Russian people as personal gifts. All very traditional in the worst sense.

I’m not going to pretend that the west is perfect and European democracy are paragons of virtue. There was a point where Europe could have reached out to Russia and built a positive relationship but that didn’t necessarily suit all agendas and the regrettable push east by NATO has riled the Russians unnecessarily. However, this crisis suits Putin at a time where he knows he has only a small percentage of the Russian people’s support and is in real danger of losing power at home. Nothing like a patriotic war to secure one’s position for a while longer.

So, on the scale of things, I know on which side I’d rather be living, and it’s not under a thieving dictatorship. Your attempt to equate the faults of the west to Putin’s Russia is extreme to say the least of it. Would you pack up and go to live there since it sounds so good? I didn’t think so - and no one else is at the Russian border looking to get in either.
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

liggy wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:32 pm Yeah it's a reet shame the markets are down :roll:

Especially as we could be on the brink of a devastating war in Europe with the potential for thousands of men women and children killed. .....ffs man. :chair:
My apologies if I offended anyone, I was trying to make light of a very serious situation.Its all very scary if this escalates !
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Tyzy wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:13 am My apologies if I offended anyone, I was trying to make light of a very serious situation.Its all very scary if this escalates !
Hahaha you've offended no-one especially not me

Not sure about comrade Broad fordov he was last spotted heading for the kremlin
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Broad Ford »

liggy wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:23 am Not sure about comrade Broad fordov he was last spotted heading for the kremlin
Rather than supporting Putin and Christian Russia my reason for posting is to advise the reader that both sides are as beastly as the other and both have a media just as committed at fooling the ordinary citizens that the opposition is the unreasonable party.

A stalemate is leading to an arms build-up that could lead to even more devastation and loss of life in the regions of Donetsk and Luhansk. Don't you think these people have suffered enough?

The common choice is to believe NATO propoganda, whilst not giving a thought to those in the firing line until poppy day.
If the revolutionary Ukrainian government continues to squabble with Russia over who controls the Crimea the death toll and suffering of this regions population can only increase. The choice we have is not to believe anything America and NATO tell us and not to march along to the tune of conflict, war, death and misery.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

liggy wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:23 am Hahaha you've offended no-one especially not me

Not sure about comrade Broad fordov he was last spotted heading for the kremlin
You never fail to make me laugh, liggy :lol:
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Broad Ford »

Boo Radley wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:48 pm Nothing like a patriotic war to secure one’s position for a while longer.
Are you familiar with the Azov Battalion, a right-wing extremist and Neo-Nazi Ukrainian National Guard unit, based in Mariupol, in the Azov Sea coastal region? These men are patriotic too and carry out special operations against the Russian backed separatists in eastern Ukraine, but are these men being used to fight for NATO objects rather than to unite eastern and western Ukraine into a patriotic whole? According to other European patriotic groups the Azov Battalion are just a group of mercenaries that the NATO backed Western Ukraine Revolutionary government use as a thorn in the side of Putin's Russia. Beguiled again comes to mind.
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Broad Ford »

Mountain wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:35 pm You really like the word beguile!

I repeat, I'm from a country that is not a member of NATO. Democracy and NATO are completely different concepts. One can like democracy and criticise both Russia for Putin:s fondness for murdering opponents and journalists, and also NATO.

What's GLBT? That's an acronym I haven't seen before. Is B is for "beguile"?
Beguiled are those that are unaware they have had the wool pulled over their eyes.

NATO was formed to act as a protective strong arm to protect western democratic member states from foreign aggression. Attack one democrat member and the others are there to help.

GLBT groups have nothing to worry about if the RT video with putin explaining his views that these groups can be whatever they want to be in life is to be believed. Is the man lying?

I'm still waiting for that news source that shows with certainty that Putin hates these minority groups. How much longer do we have to wait Mountain?