Player Ratings v Newcastle (h)

Predict the scores...if you can!

- LUFC Match Predictions
- Predict Six
- FA Cup Predictions

Plenty to choose from - dip in and have a go - all MOT members welcome. Just for fun.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Player Ratings v Newcastle (h)

Post by 1964white »

Meslier
Ayling
Llorente
Struijk
Dallas
Koch
Klich
Rodrigo
Raphinha
James
Harrison
Subs
Roberts
Gelhardt
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Player Ratings v Newcastle (h)

Post by The Subhuman »

Meslier - 6.5
Ayling - 7.5
Llorente - 7.5
Struijk - 7.5
Dallas - 7
Koch - 7..5
Raphinha - 8
Klich - 7.5 -
James - 6. -
Rodrigo - 8.5 MOTM
Harrison - 8.

Roberts - 5
Gelhardt - 6.5
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Meslier - 4
Ayling - 6
Llorente - 5
Struijk - 6
Dallas - 6
Koch - 6
Raphinha - 7
Klich - 6
James - 6. -
Rodrigo - 4
Harrison - 8

Roberts - 5
Gelhardt - 5
Johnboy1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnboy1965 »

Meslier - 6
Ayling - 7.5
Llorente - 8
Struijk - 7
Dallas - 7
Koch - 7
Raphinha - 6
Klich - 7
James - 4
Rodrigo - 5
Harrison - 5

Roberts - 5
Gelhardt - 6.

Low scores again for our attack.
Didn't threat enough in final third and when we did the final ball was poor.
Please stop this Dan James experiment. He clearly isn't a striker and threatens nothing in the box.
At this rate what little confidence he has will be shot to pieces well before Paddy returns.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Meslier 6: At fault for the goal, spilled another one not long after, two good saves but not his best.
Ayling 8: Solid enough from Ayling. Some wasteful balls as always with bill but he does his best to drive the team forward.
Llorente 9: I thought it was Llorente's best game for a whiloe. certainly the one's i have seen anyway.
Struijk 7: Not has commanding this week still played ok with a couple of good crossfield balls. Wood who is more suited to Pascal was quiet it was Maxim again doing most of the damage. That kid will be rubbing his hands together for his next pay rise.
Dallas 7: Good game again from Stewart i thought in another position.
Koch 5: Needed more from Koch today in the middle, didn't really stamp his authority, i don't know if that was because Newcastle got bodies into midfield well and left him too much ground to cover. Lets be honest he can't rely on Klich & Rodrigo to put their bodies on the line.
Raphinha 8: Brilliant for the first 60 mins, anonymous for the last 30. It was never going in today was it.
Klich 7:
James 6: Frustrating afternoon for James. How did he not hit the target from there? I will give him credit for the defensive trackback and he likes a tackle which i was unaware of but like Roberts never really looks confident in front of goal.
Rodrigo 7: Had about 5/6 good passages of play all with him on the front foot, some great passes early on, just not involved enough through the 90 for me. Still he's coming back from another injury.
Harrison 7: Couldn't follow up last weeks heroics with any more goals worked hard as usual but today wasn't our day or his.

Roberts 5: I was upset with myself for groaning when i heard he was coming on. By the end it was justified again.
Gelhardt 6: Looked more threatening in ten minutes than the rest in 90.

Bad day at the office again. Newcastle defended well i can't remember a shot on target.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Meslier - 5. Loses 1 for the goal.
Ayling - 7.
Llorente - 8
Struijk - 7
Dallas - 7
Koch - 7
Raphinha - 6
Klich - 6
James - 4
Rodrigo - 5
Harrison - 5

Roberts - 5
Gelhardt - 6.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

faaip wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:00 pm Meslier - 6.5
Ayling - 7.5
Llorente - 7.5
Struijk - 7.5
Dallas - 7
Koch - 7..5
Raphinha - 8
Klich - 7.5 -
James - 6. -
Rodrigo - 8.5 MOTM
Harrison - 8.

Roberts - 5
Gelhardt - 6.5
I don't rate players, but Spider boy needs demoting for that FK, school boy error, maybe a 3?
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
Johnboy1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnboy1965 »

If you saw the game then yes Mes was at fault for the goal but made at least 2 class saves.
If anyone deserves demoting and a 3 it's that bag of shite Dan James. 25M you're having a laugh.
Couldn't hit a cows arse with a stick.
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

Johnboy1965 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:33 pm If you saw the game then yes Mes was at fault for the goal but made at least 2 class saves.
If anyone deserves demoting and a 3 it's that bag of shite Dan James. 25M you're having a laugh.
Couldn't hit a cows arse with a stick.
I watch every game bud, Mes cost us the game, well technically he did, but The ref let them get away with so many 'unsporting' moments, we would still be playing......it's so obvious IMHO that the game is bent
Re James, you are so far off the mark,
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Meslier - 5
Ayling - 7.5
Llorente - 7.5
Struijk - 7.5
Dallas - 7
Koch - 6.5
Raphinha - 8 - I counted at least four times he maneuvered through the defense only to see his centering pass go begging
Klich - 6
James - 5.5
Rodrigo - 5.5
Harrison - 7

Roberts - 5
Gelhardt - 5
joelufc20
First Team
First Team

Post by joelufc20 »

Meslier 5 Poor
Ayling 6
Llorente 7
Struijk 7
Dallas 7
Koch 6
Klich 6
Rodrigo 8.5
Raphinha 7
Harrison 6
James 5

Roberts -10
Gelhardt 6

Bielsa -50 idiot and not the tactical genius everyone thinks he is.

A game we should have buried in the first half, chances created but no one on the end of them. James upfront offers fuckall. Rodrigo played some excellent balls but should have come off second half. Tyler Roberts lost us the game being his usual s**t self giving the ball away.
REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND

[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

The FK that Llorente gave away was needless, and Meslier made a mess of a simple save. Says a lot about the forum it's Roberts who gave the ball away gets the blame after Raphinha, Klich, Rodrigo, James, Koch, Dallas, Llorente, Ayling and Raphinha had all lost possession at various times during the game, but blame the guy on for a couple of minutes after not playing for a month by all means.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

faaip wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:33 pm The FK that Llorente gave away was needless, and Meslier made a mess of a simple save. Says a lot about the forum it's Roberts who gave the ball away gets the blame after Raphinha, Klich, Rodrigo, James, Koch, Dallas, Llorente, Ayling and Raphinha had all lost possession at various times during the game, but blame the guy on for a couple of minutes after not playing for a month by all means.
The thing is we were at 0-0 when he came on and, as you say, within minutes of his introduction we were 0-1 down mainly due to him giving the ball away softly and needlessly when we were in their half and on the front foot. Then he proceeded to contribute absolutely nothing for the remainder of the game.

I admire your indefatigable attempts to big him up continually but I’m pretty sure that eventually you will have to come round to the fact that he is just not good enough at this level.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:45 pm The thing is we were at 0-0 when he came on and, as you say, within minutes of his introduction we were 0-1 down mainly due to him giving the ball away softly and needlessly when we were in their half and on the front foot. Then he proceeded to contribute absolutely nothing for the remainder of the game.

I admire your indefatigable attempts to big him up continually but I’m pretty sure that eventually you will have to come round to the fact that he is just not good enough at this level.
Nah, I’ll continue to stand up for a nice guy, pillar of the community and very good footballer if you don’t mind. He didn’t do much with his whole 20 minutes and I scored him low....but there were others way more culpable for the goal
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Fair enough faaip I don’t mind at all. I’m sure he’s a very nice guy and a pillar of the community too, but I don’t think, from the evidence I’ve seen so far, that he’ll ever be a premier class footballer.
MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MightyWhites »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:24 pm Fair enough faaip I don’t mind at all. I’m sure he’s a very nice guy and a pillar of the community too, but I don’t think, from the evidence I’ve seen so far, that he’ll ever be a premier class footballer.
Exactly. Sticking up for someone when you have no evidence to back it up makes you look like a WUM. I blame Bielsa for the Roberts fiasco and he is starting to get on my nerves with picking his favourites which cost us points!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

velo wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:13 pm I don't rate players, but Spider boy needs demoting for that FK, school boy error, maybe a 3?
You won't be saying that Velo, once Klaesson has played in our first team
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:10 pm Nah, I’ll continue to stand up for a nice guy, pillar of the community and very good footballer if you don’t mind. He didn’t do much with his whole 20 minutes and I scored him low....but there were others way more culpable for the goal
Roberts>Llorente>Meslier

As is often the case, a cluster of errors as we tire in games.

We got away with it last week, with Bowen missing that last minute chance.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I won't be handing out high scores, the second half was a shocker!

6 Meslier
7 Ayling
7 Llorente
7 Struijk
7 Dallas
5 Koch
7 Raphinha
7 Klich
4 James
6 Rodrigo
6 Harrison
Subs :
4 Roberts
6 Gelhardt

I gave our defenders 7 as we'd have kept a clean sheet had it not been for a flurry of errors.

Meslier would be an 8 if not for the error
Raphinha a 9 if living up to his first half display

Rodrigo for all the good in his game, there was greed & sloppiness

Why Klich was subbed I dont know :duno:
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

1964white wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:00 am Roberts>Llorente>Meslier

As is often the case, a cluster of errors as we tire in games.

We got away with it last week, with Bowen missing that last minute chance.
I actually don't rate Llorente that highly - and he's injury prone. I think we have better options at CB with the youngsters.