Super League

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Super League

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:26 pm Great comeback from the Rhinos. I thought they were dead & gone once again.
I had a feeling we would turn it round second half. We'd shown in the first half that we could cut through them and dominate and could well have gone in at half time in front. We also had the wind in our favour second half and last year we showed how fragile Catalans can be and how you can score a quick few tries against them. Proved to be the case.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Orange Box wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:14 pm Cas are the prime example of a club run badly. I’m coming down to WY for my birthday and as a treat wanted to get 2 tickets for the Wakey game in the Chairman’s Lounge hospitality. Net price for 2 of us -£250. CAS! £250 QUID! Seriously.

Anyway Mrs OB says I’ll never see 21 again so let’s do it. I click the link on the website - a dead end. So I email the address. No response. Then I ring the club and get a direct email address of the Commercial Director. They reply and confirm they have space. At 250 notes I’m not surprised. Somebody will contact me, they say, to sort it out. Have they? Have they feck. 3 weeks I’ve been trying to spend £250 and they don’t give a chuff. My moneys now staying in my pocket. Stuff em.

Useless on the field, useless off the field.
That’s embarrassing, utterly embarrassing.

What a shambles.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Orange Box wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:14 pm Cas are the prime example of a club run badly. I’m coming down to WY for my birthday and as a treat wanted to get 2 tickets for the Wakey game in the Chairman’s Lounge hospitality. Net price for 2 of us -£250. CAS! £250 QUID! Seriously.

Anyway Mrs OB says I’ll never see 21 again so let’s do it. I click the link on the website - a dead end. So I email the address. No response. Then I ring the club and get a direct email address of the Commercial Director. They reply and confirm they have space. At 250 notes I’m not surprised. Somebody will contact me, they say, to sort it out. Have they? Have they feck. 3 weeks I’ve been trying to spend £250 and they don’t give a chuff. My moneys now staying in my pocket. Stuff em.

Useless on the field, useless off the field.
That is disgusting, OB

Unfortunately, big organisations/business treat their customers like dirt, you wouldn't expect it from Castleford rugby club though, sadly this is the way of the world, is it any wonder why so many of them go bust!
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Just shows the passive defence is cobblers, showed second half hit hard and force them to run hard and it takes it out of them. Attack better running off quick ptb all round improvements second half . Couple of bad calls first half I might add. Double movement given a try blind twat.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Brilliant 2nd half from the Rhinos, always good beating the French.

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:53 pm Just shows the passive defence is cobblers, showed second half hit hard and force them to run hard and it takes it out of them. Attack better running off quick ptb all round improvements second half . Couple of bad calls first half I might add. Double movement given a try blind twat.
Unbelievable decision, MJ
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

A shocker of a game, but Cas get the two points.

Sorry Swannie, but not looking good for Wakefield at all.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Two teams afraid of their own shadows. As BB says, sorry Swanny
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

At least the Rhinos showed some fight.....
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Salford (6) 14
Tries: Croft, Wright Goals: Sneyd 3
vs
Castleford (6) 6
Tries: Eden Goals: Widdop

Not a good night for Cas fans on here!
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

1964white wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:16 am Salford (6) 14
Tries: Croft, Wright Goals: Sneyd 3
vs
Castleford (6) 6
Tries: Eden Goals: Widdop

Not a good night for Cas fans on here!
Andy Last to be interviewed for the vacant coaching position today, he could have done with a win.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

This is the most boring cas team I think I’ve ever seen, and I’ve watched cas since I was 4, 65 years ago. And I’m including the 60s, pre limited tackles, when props would stick the ball up their jumper and trundle a yard forward. We had a player called “Sticker” Walker back then. He would fit right into this team.

There’s no imagination, no supporting each other, no obvious skipper on the field. McShane seems confused about Widdops role. By the 4th tackle we have barely gone forward at all.

We have a winger who stops running the instant he catches the ball. Our other winger can’t catch even the ball. Yet we have the most exciting kid in Superleague who can’t get a game. I bet Leeds play him next season.

There’s big trouble darnt lane, if Wakefield ever wake up we’ll be playing at Batley next year.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Cas 7 - HKR 12. Once again a loss but we put up a good show and with much better handling we could have been out of sight. At least we’ve shored up the defence, there were some cracking tackles tonight. But we’re not sharp enough to score.

Our try came after 20mins of expansive footy then we went back to one-man rugby and lost the game. Our players are too old to be fast and don’t offer much by way of imagination.

Forced to wear our 3rd shirt, which I love, proper amber and a replica of our 86 Wembley strip. In my opinion one of the top 5 shirts in our history.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Orange Box wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:11 am Cas 7 - HKR 12. Once again a loss but we put up a good show and with much better handling we could have been out of sight. At least we’ve shored up the defence, there were some cracking tackles tonight. But we’re not sharp enough to score.

Our try came after 20mins of expansive footy then we went back to one-man rugby and lost the game. Our players are too old to be fast and don’t offer much by way of imagination.

Forced to wear our 3rd shirt, which I love, proper amber and a replica of our 86 Wembley strip. In my opinion one of the top 5 shirts in our history.
Watched the game OB, was always going to be a tight affair. As you say, better but still not good enough. I’m not convinced the appointment of Last was the correct one, but happy to be proven wrong.

Agree on the shirt, proper old school, but I can’t stop thinking of Jamie Sandy when I see it :duno:
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Barlow Boy wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:50 am Watched the game OB, was always going to be a tight affair. As you say, better but still not good enough. I’m not convinced the appointment of Last was the correct one, but happy to be proven wrong.

Agree on the shirt, proper old school, but I can’t stop thinking of Jamie Sandy when I see it :duno:
Oh wow, what a memory! The little man racing for the corner with what seemed like the entire Rovers team chasing him down. Still can’t believe he got there. Thanks for that Kev
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Orange Box wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:10 am Oh wow, what a memory! The little man racing for the corner with what seemed like the entire Rovers team chasing him down. Still can’t believe he got there. Thanks for that Kev
Yeah, great memories.

I was there, of course, a little lad who’s dreams came true (that’s me, not Sandy) :love:
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Barlow Boy wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:05 am Yeah, great memories.

I was there, of course, a little lad who’s dreams came true (that’s me, not Sandy) :love:
All of cas was there mate. Great day
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Orange Box wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:19 pm All of cas was there mate. Great day
I remember on Look North the night before the game, the reporter said “would the last one out of Cas switch the lights off please” :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Rhinos a mirror image of the football team. Tripe🙄
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 7:55 pm Rhinos a mirror image of the football team. Tripe🙄
Eh ?????