Radrizzani

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Re: Radrizzani

Post by BradWhite »

Is it even legal to make the offer without telling them? :duno:
[/quote]

It's just bullish business ego.

The banks refused it so it must have been blocked, pretty sure they would have looked into the club ownership model and either requested confirmation from the 49ers. (doubt that as they knew nothing of it and won't be happy)

No doubt he'll say the loan was based on HIS part share of the club, fairly sure that has to be agreed in principle.

There are no charges on companies house but his intentions to offer the club as security is dodgy.

The 49ers could walk away from a full take over, if he is stubborn to sell at their valuation, no doubt they will want him gone asap.
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:48 pm No faith whatsoever in the 49ers and Bates was a twat.

But Bates never pretended to be anything else.

Radz made out like the purchase of Elland Road was for the club and the fans.

Got tons of praise for it (despite many fans pointing out Leeds United didn't own the ground).

Now he has shown that it was always about him and its his asset.

Why do we always attract the same chancers and liars :cry:

Apparently the 49ers own 29% of the company that owns the ground.

It isn't legal at all. 2 options here (IF there is any truth to this).
First, if the49ers want to close the deal, they will have Radz in court before his feet touch the ground for negotiating in bad faith. That serves nobody. Radz would know that.

Second, the 49ers want out and so turned a blind eye, and can now extricate themselves from the club for breach of contract.
Also not good for a yone really, but the venture capital guys get to eye their next prey.
Let's all just wait and see, shall we.
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:48 pm No faith whatsoever in the 49ers and Bates was a twat.

But Bates never pretended to be anything else.

Radz made out like the purchase of Elland Road was for the club and the fans.

Got tons of praise for it (despite many fans pointing out Leeds United didn't own the ground).

Now he has shown that it was always about him and its his asset.

Why do we always attract the same chancers and liars :cry:

Apparently the 49ers own 29% of the company that owns the ground.

It isn't legal at all. 2 options here (IF there is any truth to this).
First, if the49ers want to close the deal, they will have Radz in court before his feet touch the ground for negotiating in bad faith. That serves nobody. Radz would know that.

Second, the 49ers want out and so turned a blind eye, and can now extricate themselves from the club for breach of contract.
Also not good for a yone really, but the venture capital guys get to eye their next prey.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

malcolmw wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:51 pm It isn't legal at all. 2 options here (IF there is any truth to this).

One thing we can be certain of is its absolutely true.

The Athletic don't go to print without proof or they'd get sued.

They've done articles on Man City, Newcastle, Roman at Chelsea and had there been room to sue you can be sure those people would have.

So this is 100% true.

Maybe the bank rejected it? Who knows.

But Radz made the offer which says everything.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

Why does he need a loan to secure Sampdoria (28.6m) when he is selling his majority share to the 49ers?

I guess he needed the money quick, but he owns several other companies that he could have loaned from and not banks.

It makes no sense at all unless he had no intention of selling at all.

Andrea Radrizzani has significant control of Elland Road Ltd. (Stadium)

The 49ers didn't know????

Collin Meador of the 49ers is an active director/vice president of Elland Road Ltd.
Victor_Notts-17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Victor_Notts-17 »

I said to my wife when Radz bought Elland Road that he will hold us to ransom sometime in the future with the ground. I said he's a businessman no better than Bates! Saw this coming.

With the deafening silence from the 49'ers, the future does not look good! If the 49'ers sell their shares and pulled away from the club, we will be in a mess for years to come...
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

BradWhite wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:07 pm Why does he need a loan to secure Sampdoria (28.6m) when he is selling his majority share to the 49ers?

I guess he needed the money quick, but he owns several other companies that he could have loaned from and not banks.

It makes no sense at all unless he had no intention of selling at all.

Andrea Radrizzani has significant control of Elland Road Ltd. (Stadium)

The 49ers didn't know????

Collin Meador of the 49ers is an active director/vice president of Elland Road Ltd.
His statement yesterday definitely sounded like a man who isn't selling.

Phil Hay has said before the relationship between radz and the 49ers is very bad.

Specifically said a bloke whose both on the board of Leeds United and Aser (Radz company that is buying Sampdoria) Marinelli didn't know either.

Kinnear didn't know.

He seems to be doing his own backroom deals and telling nobody he should.

Then again this is a man being sued for fraud on an industrial scale, probably shouldn't be shocked
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Makes sense why his statement was never acknowledged by LUFC now.

We have large board room issues clearly.
Signed

King Cjay

Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

I would go along with the statement that he's not going to sell, or the offer from the 49ers doesn't meet his valuation. I don't know how much the 49ers paid for their stake in the club but the silence from them is deafening. "Its his stadium and he can do what he wants with it" was a really poor comment on his part.

So i guess we are potentially stuck with a skint owner again since he has pumped all his spare cash into Sampdoria and half the value of Leeds stadium. I would like to know if the 49ers have invested anything beyond their initial stake? If Radz has propped the club up financially out of his own pocket, hoping to sell big in the PL then i get his logic, its a vast sum of money he will be losing. Its just that the purchase of Sampdoria has thrown a spanner in the works.
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:57 pm One thing we can be certain of is its absolutely true.

The Athletic don't go to print without proof or they'd get sued.

They've done articles on Man City, Newcastle, Roman at Chelsea and had there been room to sue you can be sure those people would have.

So this is 100% true.

Maybe the bank rejected it? Who knows.

But Radz made the offer which says everything.
OK, but then something still doesn't add up here (maybe just because it's Leeds and another wacky owner!). Expected from him, but it certainly doesn't say much about the 49ers. Then again, to them we are simply another business asset to be evaluated. Could be a pizza chain or a real-estate business. No different to them.
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:15 pm His statement yesterday definitely sounded like a man who isn't selling.

Phil Hay has said before the relationship between radz and the 49ers is very bad.

Specifically said a bloke whose both on the board of Leeds United and Aser (Radz company that is buying Sampdoria) Marinelli didn't know either.

Kinnear didn't know.

He seems to be doing his own backroom deals and telling nobody he should.

Then again this is a man being sued for fraud on an industrial scale, probably shouldn't be shocked

Yet no directors of Elland Rd Ltd knew about it and none of the directors of Leeds United Ltd knew about it, how come they didn't know and how the 'F' did he expect to not to be found out, it's basically backdoor influencing but the banks saw through it but may not be illegal in Italy.

What amazes me is the directors of two companies he has significant control of knew nothing about and yet Phil Hay of The Athletic did :lol: Radz also owns the media and broadcasting wing of LUFC. Looks like he has dived the club into various assets.

The relationship with the 49ers and Radz will be completely broken now and the only good outcome is that the 49ers get full ownership.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Angus Kinnear is an active director of Elland Road LTD so if he didn't know about it AR has completely shuvved it up the arse of everyone. If he did know about it he is as much to blame about this fiasco as AR. Kinnear was supposedly going to stay at ER to ensure a 'smooth' changeover. Yeah right !

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

BradWhite wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:44 pm Yet no directors of Elland Rd Ltd knew about it and none of the directors of Leeds United Ltd knew about it, how come they didn't know and how the 'F' did he expect to not to be found out, it's basically backdoor influencing but the banks saw through it but may not be illegal in Italy.

What amazes me is the directors of two companies he has significant control of knew nothing about and yet Phil Hay of The Athletic did :lol: Radz also owns the media and broadcasting wing of LUFC. Looks like he has dived the club into various assets.

The relationship with the 49ers and Radz will be completely broken now and the only good outcome is that the 49ers get full ownership.
That's what doesn't add up to me. Nowhere - other than in banana republics - can you go binding fellow shareholders to a financing deal without telling them! The bank would wa t a statement to that effect. So either they do know and, as I said above, want a way out, or we don't have the full story.
Also, don't assume the 49ers want to close this deal!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

BradWhite wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:44 pm Yet no directors of Elland Rd Ltd knew about it and none of the directors of Leeds United Ltd knew about it, how come they didn't know and how the 'F' did he expect to not to be found out, it's basically backdoor influencing but the banks saw through it but may not be illegal in Italy.

I assume The Athletic were told by a source and they seem to have seen documentation signed by Radz confirming his proposal.

The Athletic will have sources all over the world in all manner of industries, there a huge organisation owned by the equally huge New York Times.

Radz trying to get a deal lined up then force it through after wouldn't be a shock.

He has shown before he isn't against using underhand means to benefit himself (Myanmar).
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

malcolmw wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:00 pm That's what doesn't add up to me. Nowhere - other than in banana republics - can you go binding fellow shareholders to a financing deal without telling them! The bank would wa t a statement to that effect. So either they do know and, as I said above, want a way out, or we don't have the full story.
Also, don't assume the 49ers want to close this deal!
You can see in his emails to the Athletic he is a total narcissist.

He may feel entitled to do what he wants.

The Athletic has seen statements and documentation signed by Radz.

So maybe everyone is telling lies, Kinnear, 49ers, everyone and they all knew (in which case we are fooked).

Or Radz has driven another nail into his relationship with the 49ers and smashed an already fragile relationship (in which case we are fooked).

It's telling though that he isn't even communicating with Kinnear.

The club isn't acknowledging his statement yesterday.

He seems to have cut himself adrift from LUFC
Signed

King Cjay

lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

This whole 'stadium as collateral' thing seems dodgy as f**k. Do we now know that it was rejected by the bank(s) in Italy, or is that more guesswork/speculation? An information vacuum is never a good thing, but especially not at Leeds where we are all paranoid as f**k!!!

Re the Niners silence, perhaps they are simply not media hungry hoors like Radrizzani is and will go public when there is something of substance to say? I don't know, but what seems fairly certain is that this farcical ownership situation is not going to be sorted any time soon.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

lufc1304 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:12 pm This whole 'stadium as collateral' thing seems dodgy as f**k. Do we now know that it was rejected by the bank(s) in Italy, or is that more guesswork/speculation? An information vacuum is never a good thing, but especially not at Leeds where we are all paranoid as f**k!!!

Re the Niners silence, perhaps they are simply not media hungry hoors like Radrizzani is and will go public when there is something of substance to say? I don't know, but what seems fairly certain is that this farcical ownership situation is not going to be sorted any time soon.

This is why we need independent regulation, they have been against it all along.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

I'm just waking up to this news right now. And I'm absolutely sickened.

I put the purchase of Elland Road down as one of Radrizzani's shining moments.

It's totally clear now that he wasn't doing it for the betterment of the club. He was doing it for himself. He was making a (smart) real estate investment. And he was doing it under the disguise of being a shining knight in white armour for the club.

I thought he was brilliant for us in turning us around. Now I just hate the f**king man.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

andrewjohnsmith wrote:I'm just waking up to this news right now. And I'm absolutely sickened.

I put the purchase of Elland Road down as one of Radrizzani's shining moments.

It's totally clear now that he wasn't doing it for the betterment of the club. He was doing it for himself. He was making a (smart) real estate investment. And he was doing it under the disguise of being a shining knight in white armour for the club.

I thought he was brilliant for us in turning us around. Now I just hate the f**king man.
You're not on your own pal. What we don't know is if the other directors of Elland Road LTD knew anything about what Radrizzani was up to. I don't know the repercussions if they didn't know anything and even if they did I suspect the legal ramifications could drag on and on to the detriment of our club.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

BradWhite wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:19 pm This is why we need independent regulation, they have been against it all along.
Something has got to change, BW, this is no way to run a football club. Or a business for that matter, right hand not knowing what left hand is doing etc
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson