Player Ratings v Palace (a)

Predict the scores...if you can!

- LUFC Match Predictions
- Predict Six
- FA Cup Predictions

Plenty to choose from - dip in and have a go - all MOT members welcome. Just for fun.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Player Ratings v Palace (a)

Post by 1964white »

Top3

1. Ayling
2=Llorente
2=Meslier

Meslier
Ayling
Llorente
Cooper
Dallas
Phillips
Klich
Raphinha
Rodrigo
Harrison
James
Subs
Koch
Greenwood
Gelhardt
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Re: Player Ratings v Palace (a)

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Here we go:

Meslier: 7 nothing much to complain about, slow off his line once or twice but a solid game
Ayling: 7.5 motm once he got to grips with Zaha, once again a driving force
Llorente: 7 in the thick of it as usual, some errors as we have come to expect but battled well
Cooper: 7 same as Llorente. No coincidence that the defence looks a lot tighter since he returned
Dallas: 6 not at his very best but ok
Phillips: 5 nowhere near his imperious best yet
Klich: 4 didn’t look happy at all tonight
Raphinha: 5 not much effect on the game
Rodrigo: 5.5 not much service from his teammates as the ball kept going over his head. Neat enough in possession but not enough possession.
Harrison 6: did reasonably well in the first half but disappeared in the 2nd half
James 4: Mr Marsch please understand that James is a winger!

Koch: 4
Greenwood: 4
Gelhardt: n/a
Johnboy1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnboy1965 »

7 Meslier
7.5 Ayling
8 Llorente
7.5 Cooper
6 Dallas
5 Phillips
4 Klich
5 Raphinha
4 Rodrigo
4 Harrison
4 James
Subs
5 Koch
5 Greenwood
N/A Gelhardt
1964white

Post by 1964white »

8 Meslier
8 Ayling
8 Llorente
7 Cooper
6 Dallas
5Phillips
3 Klich
4 Raphinha
4 Rodrigo
6] Harrison
3 James
Subs
3 Koch
4 Greenwood
5 Gelhardt
[/quote]
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Watched the game and then went to bed ready for work. Its hard trying to recall the game because it was so dull.

Meslier 7: Not alot to do considering that 2nd half onslaught. Good double save from Zaha
Ayling 7: Made some good tackles but also got skinned a few times. Got forward on the odd occasion.
Llorente 8: Made the odd mistake but defended well.
Cooper 8: Ditto
Dallas 6: Like Ayling got skinned a few times not getting forward as much.
Phillips 5: Looked and played like he was not up to match speed. Completed the full 90mins unscathed.
Klich 4: Not sure why he was taken off he was arguing with Marsch at one point maybe that was it?
Raphinha 5: All very congested by him coming inside. Showed the odd glimpse and put in a lot of effort.
Rodrigo 4: Again the odd passage of play but we created nothing as a team.
Harrison 4: I thought his shot that hit Greenwood was going in. The replay showed it was going wide.
James 3: The thought of James playing with his pace is better than the reality. Looked lost and got his now customary booking for a day late challenge.

Subs
Koch 5: Gave the ball away far to easy to begin with but battled on after that. No creative spark it seems in his game?
Greenwood 3: I thought his sub unbalanced us and we went on the back foot from there. Its one thing carrying 1 player in Rodrigo its another carrying 2 with Greenwood who plays with that same seemingly laboured approach.
Gelhardt 3: Never got going because we were under the cosh but still managed a poor effort of target.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Your ratings for Dirty Leeds :lol:
1964white

Re: Player Ratings v Palace (a) - Surely more than 4 of us watched this match. COME ON LEEDS FANS

Post by 1964white »

Everybody still arguing about Bielsa/Marsch rather than concentrating their efforts on our matches :roll:
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Player Ratings v Palace (a) - Surely more than 4 of us watched this match. COME ON LEEDS FANS

Post by Kennyb41 »

'Surely more than 4 of us watched this match' :-)

Exactly. What they scared of ?

I don't usually do this but it's probably easier to just imagine it scores from 11 and just work your way backwards, so....

Starting with Meslier...11

That's about reet.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
EasternLeeds
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by EasternLeeds »

Greetings everybody,

Like most of you dis, I would rate the defense as a whole to a 6.5 for keeping a clean sheet against a slightly wasteful but highly motivated Palace attack line.

Midfield was awful though, never got us into the game. It really felt like Palace were running twice as fast as we did and covered ground more quickly. This has been my feeling throughout the season to be fair - we simply don’t run as fast (or as much, to be honest) as our opponents.

Meslier - 7 - great shotstopper but simply did not command his box and did not do well with high balls thrown into our box. Pity, he is tall enough and quick enough to claim a lot of them but he is hesitant

Ayling - 6 because he did his defensive job but could not advance to much effect

Llorente - 6.5 because he did double up with Bill to keep Zaha at bay and that hug he gave Zaha to stop a dangerous attack showed he knows how to take calculated risks

Cooper - 7 - other than a failed header clearance that could have cost us a goal he was stable. Not brilliant as the ball did bounce in our box too much from the opposition corners

Dallas - 6 - just not his best when played in this position and did not seem to take well to the system. He constantly got himself surrounded by the opposition players and looked to play a pass to a player that was there under Marcelo but is not there under Marsch

Kalvin - 5.5 Tried to get stuck in there as best as he could but just didn’t do enough for me. Long balls were sub par (I believe 3 out of 9 were accurate) and could not match the pace and positioning of the opposition

Klich - 4.5 - he tried to figure the game out but he is too slow for a DM. Did not match the speed of the opponents and his positioning was obviously affected by this not being his usual position on the pitch

Koch - 5 - he got in some good tackles which is why I rate him a bit higher than Klichy, but speed is lcking, and distribution is poor. I can’t believe that two seasons have almost passed since he has been here and we have only seen him and Diego play together as CBs for 15 minutes. Shame on our recruitment team for having a squad so thin that Koch had to be used as DM. We were sold on him being Ben White 2.0 not Brown 2.0…

Rodrigo - 4.5 - simply did not run enough. I am pretty sure that he is trying to obey the zone-marking system where he has to stop chasing the ball/his man at some point, but it felt to me like he always got the timings wrong. He stopped when he could have pressed and he ran into space when nobody was looking. Has some good touches in him but did not judge the game well.

Harrison - 4.5 - he is good when hugging the line but in this one he was forced to play infield more and it does not suit him. Credit to him for dribbling his way past three defenders at once and running his heart out otherwise would have rated him a 4

Rapha - 4.5 - his touches are either brilliant or awful and most of them were awful this time. They clearly had a plan for him but it did not help that he was also forced infield more than he would have liked

Dan James - 4 - works hard but cannot help it when his only service consists of long balls while he is marked by two players twice his size. Clearly frustrated when he went for the challenge that got him booked. I felt he did not use his pace to fly off the shoulder of their defenders and stretch them out a bit.

Greenwood - 4 - not sure if he was instructed to play as a 10 but he did not help midfield when needed and played safe, backwards passes that betrayed the fact that he was intimidated by the opposition

Joffy - 4 - did not match Bamfords capacity to drop deep or harass the opposition defenders. In the last seconds of the game his headed pass to the opposition keeper also showed a glimpse of him being intimidated by the opposition defenders

Jesse Marsch - 6 - sorry, I felt like I have to rate him as well because I appreciate how he tried to adapt his tactics to the style of Palace and I liked how he gave Koch instructions waay before putting him on the pitch. He also tried repositioning Klich before taking him off but that resulted in a small spat with Klichy that I hope will be nothing serious. However, the team clearly did not take to his style yet, apart from the defence that does look better organized. Midfield and attack though is a mess. Sad to see that after so many games and two breaks he still did not manage to get the player accustomed to his style.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Not a lot wrong with that Eastern, say it as it is my son, welcome again.

I dare you to ask the Otterman to go to such length on a footy forum, he'll be lost in a sea of Dandelions somewhere.

Nice post EW, get's us a good picture of tha noggin.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Meslier 7
Ayling 8
Llorente 8
Cooper 8
Dallas 7
Phillips 5
Klich 2 - The Ghost of Klich get rid asap
Raphinha 6
Rodrigo 5
Harrison 7
James 4
Subs
Koch 5
Greenwood 5
Gelhardt 5
EasternLeeds
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by EasternLeeds »

Kennyb41 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:00 am Not a lot wrong with that Eastern, say it as it is my son, welcome again.

I dare you to ask the Otterman to go to such length on a footy forum, he'll be lost in a sea of Dandelions somewhere.

Nice post EW, get's us a good picture of tha noggin.
Thanks a bunch for the kind words.

Apologies for offtopic, butI really hate saying this, but I'm actually afraid of the Man C game after seeing how aggressively they out-ran R.Madrid last night. You reckon Bielsa might have left any of that magic running-till-the-98th-minute potion lying around when he left?
EasternLeeds
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by EasternLeeds »

White Riot wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:37 am Meslier 7
Ayling 8
Llorente 8
Cooper 8
Dallas 7
Phillips 5
Klich 2 - The Ghost of Klich get rid asap
Raphinha 6
Rodrigo 5
Harrison 7
James 4
Subs
Koch 5
Greenwood 5
Gelhardt 5

Klich was indeed simply having a bad field day, but do you think he could have improved if being kept on in that same position, or was it simply the wrong position for him and he cannot/will not handle it?
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

7 Meslier
8 Ayling
7 Llorente
7 Cooper
7 Dallas
5 Phillips
4 Klich
5 Raphinha
4 Rodrigo
4 Harrison
3 James
Subs
4 Koch
5 Greenwood
5 Gelhardt
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

EasternLeeds wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:52 am Thanks a bunch for the kind words.

Apologies for offtopic, butI really hate saying this, but I'm actually afraid of the Man C game after seeing how aggressively they out-ran R.Madrid last night. You reckon Bielsa might have left any of that magic running-till-the-98th-minute potion lying around when he left?
Oh he did yes, but no one has a clue how to open the bottle.

;@)
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

EasternLeeds wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:58 am Klich was indeed simply having a bad field day, but do you think he could have improved if being kept on in that same position, or was it simply the wrong position for him and he cannot/will not handle it?
Klich has had a hell of a lot of bad days this season EL. For me he's a spent force, he's been a virtual ever present during Bielsa's tenure and it's took it's toll on him. That, and his age, and the fact that imo he's not up to EPL standard means that we should be looking to offload him in the summer.

Ideally we will say goodbye to him, Forshaw and Roberts this summer as they offer very little in our midfield, regardless of the playing style. We should also be looking to transfer out Kiko, Costa and Poveda as a bare minimum. I'm hopeful that Jesse is prepared to be ruthless to improve our squad, he has less sentimental attachment to this set of players and their history, so he can hopefully judge each player on their merits and assess their value to himself and the club.

I would expect Raphinha will leave this summer, and his transfer fee along with the EPl money should help with the improvement of this squad that's desperately needed.. I'd like to keep hold of KP, but if he believes he needs to leave to progress his career, then fair dos as he he's been a great servant for LUFC.

The need to improve the squad to progress the club is essential, and that means tough decisions which I expect Jesse is capable of making.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Haighy wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:43 am Meslier
Ayling
(Jeez it's not easy from here)
Cooper
Llorente
Raphinha
Is that post meant for the MOTM topic, Haighy?

If so, I can move it for you?
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

White Riot wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:07 am Klich has had a hell of a lot of bad days this season EL. For me he's a spent force, he's been a virtual ever present during Bielsa's tenure and it's took it's toll on him. That, and his age, and the fact that imo he's not up to EPL standard means that we should be looking to offload him in the summer.

Ideally we will say goodbye to him, Forshaw and Roberts this summer as they offer very little in our midfield, regardless of the playing style. We should also be looking to transfer out Kiko, Costa and Poveda as a bare minimum. I'm hopeful that Jesse is prepared to be ruthless to improve our squad, he has less sentimental attachment to this set of players and their history, so he can hopefully judge each player on their merits and assess their value to himself and the club.

I would expect Raphinha will leave this summer, and his transfer fee along with the EPl money should help with the improvement of this squad that's desperately needed.. I'd like to keep hold of KP, but if he believes he needs to leave to progress his career, then fair dos as he he's been a great servant for LUFC.

The need to improve the squad to progress the club is essential, and that means tough decisions which I expect Jesse is capable of making.
The issue with Klich is that in the EPL there are only a limited number of games that suit him. He needs space and time on the ball to be at his best. He is not an instinctive one touch player. Unfortunately the relentless press now employed by most teams really restricts his game. For me that is why his rushed passes often go astray. He does not have the physicality or technical prowess to adapt to being closed down and being able to either ride a tackle or play his way out of danger. He is in many respects a player who would have thrived 10 years ago.
For me he is one of the players who will definitely move on in the summer.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

EasternLeeds wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:58 am Klich was indeed simply having a bad field day, but do you think he could have improved if being kept on in that same position, or was it simply the wrong position for him and he cannot/will not handle it?
First time that he'd played DMF opposite Kalvin and he didn't look comfortable. Neither did Kalvin. They combined for their worst performances in a Leeds shirt
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Haighy wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:26 pm Whoops 🤭 yes it is.
Move it please 64 .. thanks
You can post up your ratings as an alternative if you wish, Haighy :lol: