Clearout Imminent!!!!!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Clearout Imminent!!!!!

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:56 am We're rating our U23s who have never played competitive league football & are responsible for our first relegation of this season.
They have to start somewhere!
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:53 am There's not the class of Ben White or Pablo Hernandez in that squad, who were instrumental in our promotion to the Premier League.
Definitely missing a creative spark like Pablo. :(
Cumbriarents
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Cumbriarents »

Ayling going! Was he not good enough for the championship?
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cumbriarents wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:07 am Ayling going! Was he not good enough for the championship?
And who's going to want him exactly? These players are deluded if they think they're guaranteed PL football elsewhere.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

I'm onside with bringing McAlmont and Bogusz back into the fold, mix of talented youth (said on another thread that those who've been blooded this season are good enough for the Championship) plus experience (Cooper, Dallas (if he recovers), Bamford) and we should be a match for most in the CH. Not convinced by Marsch, but let's see.

KP, Raph, Llorente, Koch, Rodrigo will all go, possibly Meslier and James too. That will raise funds for strengthening in key positions (GK and central mid for me, maybe another striker). It's a shitty situation, but there needs to be a collective vision on how we rebuild and try to get back. I think if fans can see that, then they will support whoever is in charge, on and off the pitch.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

Ken Bates will be rubbing his hands, he might fancy another go at Leeds, before he kicks the bucket.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Us
West Brom
Blunts
Watford
Norwich

Would be the only teams with parachute payments next year. Hoping blunts win the playoffs and I heard Norwich won't receive anymore, as they've gone straight back down 3 years in a row. Hope that's true!

There's definitely a big opportunity.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

As far as I am concerned the clearout should start with Orta first and foremost .
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Clacton White wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:35 am As far as I am concerned the clearout should start with Orta first and foremost .
First out of the ER doors for me, Clacton :tup:
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:35 am Yes, just as depressing, Jay.

We couldn't get out of our own half for the majority of the game, we struggled to retain the ball, no creativity whatsoever, hence no shots on target. Yet another red card so that's the demented James out for the season to go along with Dallas, Ayling & Forshaw, thing is we have no back-up to replace these players even though they are not up to PL standard, all looking very grim as we approach our final two games.

Four CB's on the park with two on the bench in our disjointed squad.

Atmosphere was great but, our fans exuberance seems to have no effect on our players performances.
I can’t work James out at all tbh. Is it just speed. Thought he did ok in patches v Arsenal but his discipline is a problem and that’s not JM’s fault. He has a strange startled look all the time. Maybe he keeps thinking “25 million, really, for moi”. My Swansea mate said he was a bit overrated, same as American managers. He should know
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

James runs around alot which was the top requirement for a Leeds player 🤔 f**k all of a football brain like the majority of the others unfortunately..
William
First Team
First Team

Post by William »

1964white wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:53 am There's not the class of Ben White or Pablo Hernandez in that squad, who were instrumental in our promotion to the Premier League.
Yes I agree.
We will need a couple of quality imports.

I will have to have look around for what a Marsch player looks like.

Billy Sharp anyone?
Marsch OUT

Football has undergone a process of bielsification; pressing and possessing, passing rather than dribbling, intercepting high up the field rather than making last-ditch tackles, are in vogue.

Marcelo Bielsa. The light that will never go out.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Charlie Austin and John Swift on frees anyone?/
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

50m for Raph + KP
55m Parachute Payment
48m saving on bonuses
=
£153m

That's a year's PL TV money. Plus we turned over over £50m in the Championship.

Wages have a 50% reduction in relegation too.

The question though is if Radz pockets the parachute payments?
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Clacton White wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:35 am As far as I am concerned the clearout should start with Orta first and foremost .
Amen to that brother, don't understand why he's getting away with stealing a living, then again, a lot of the players are doing exactly the same.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Would you please share your reasoning for that Clacton, 64 and Mentalcase ?

Why him first ?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Nah i didn't think any of you would reply.

But it's nice to know you're coming around to that way of thinking.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Complete guess work here and I’m sure these numbers will be shot down. But with my extensive experience with football manager I thought I’d guess - I think all the below either should go or we will choose to sell

Meslier - £10m
Ayling - 0
Llorente - £8m
Phillips - £35-40m
Koch - £10m
Raph - £25m
Klich - £0
Bamford - £12m
Rodrigo - £10m
Harrison - £10m
Firpo -£7-8m
Forshaw - £0

Should be an eventful summer and to be honest apart from Phillips I’m not bothered about any of the rest - grateful in the most part for what they have given us but time to move on
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

I'd go lower for KP, Bamford, Harrison, rodrigo