Clearout Imminent!!!!!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Clearout Imminent!!!!!

Post by 1964white »

With relegation staring us in the face & the pruning of our squad in the summer months, the question is?

Who would want our deadwood?

We won't recover anywhere near the fees we paid for Rodrigo & James.
William
First Team
First Team

Re: Clearout Imminent!!!!!

Post by William »

1964white wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 5:51 am With relegation staring us in the face & the pruning of our squad in the summer months, the question is?

The only bright spark is the fee we bring in for Phillips.

But I reckon we will be staring at most of this squad in the championship next time along with Costa and the other loan players.

We might make £20M on Struijk, Bamford, and Meslier but who would take Roberts, Ayling, Cooper, Klich and Forshaw?

What a mess.
Marsch OUT

Football has undergone a process of bielsification; pressing and possessing, passing rather than dribbling, intercepting high up the field rather than making last-ditch tackles, are in vogue.

Marcelo Bielsa. The light that will never go out.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 5:51 am With relegation staring us in the face & the pruning of our squad in the summer months, the question is?

How was it in the flesh last night Leon? More depressing than on the TV I imagine.
Raph & KP’s price has plummeted. Rodrigo & James can go on a 2 for one deal. The rest of the deadwood isn’t worth a toss. Hope we don’t get tempted into selling our young talent like Cresswell & JG etc
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

it's frightening to think who will still be at the club when we start in August in the championship. Obviously without KP and Raph, and possibly Meslier will be gone.. But we also need to get rid of ,,, Roberts, Forshaw, Klich, Harrison, James, Ayling, Firpo, Costa, etc.. and the list goes on. as the song suggests rip me up and start again. is what is needed, also out should be Jesse March, Orta, Kinnear and Radzs. Also 49Ners. No idea what will happen at the start of 22-23 season.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Why would we have to get rid of a slew of players who have previously won the Championship to play in the Championship?

The question was whether they were good enough to play in the PL and it seems that without a certain manager they may not be. But I don't think there should be much doubt about their ability to play in the Championship.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

The way this club operates they'll probably sell the talented kids and keep the pensioners !! Bet Joe never thought he'd be going back to Wigan so soon.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

1964white

Post by 1964white »

William wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 5:59 am The only bright spark is the fee we bring in for Phillips.

But I reckon we will be staring at most of this squad in the championship next time along with Costa and the other loan players.

We might make £20M on Struijk, Bamford, and Meslier but who would take Roberts, Ayling, Cooper, Klich and Forshaw?

What a mess.
I think the likes of Pascal, Ayling, Cooper, Dallas will remain at ER, possibly Bamford too after his long term injury this season unless we get decent offers for them.
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

The players who command a fee will be the ones leaving.
Philips, Rodrigo, Raphina and James should be able to find a club willing to take them.
It’s not as if they will be missed.
There Is Only One United.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Can’t believe we’re saying Philips won’t be missed. Wonder if he’ll go to Newcastle. They have plenty of dirty money
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

William wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 5:59 am The only bright spark is the fee we bring in for Phillips.

What a mess.
Personally for me first out the door is Marsch, keep your fingers crossed Hudds don't go up and get Corberan in. Pay what it takes, we'll have Prem end of season money and parachute payments to play with

As for the above, they all cost peanuts and we've had our monies worth so why sweat trying to make money on them. Coop will stay, proven prem defender. Klich and Forshaw can be released, Roberts is still young and can do a job. Bamford will be a Leeds player next season

We sell Raph, Kalvin, Meslier for profits, (though I'd try and keep the latter) lose money on Rodrigo, maybe Llorente (happens to every team, losing big money on players). Not sure about Ayling.

A lot of the salaries are tied to bonuses linked with staying up so that will save us money.

Next seasons squad for me

GK - Klaesson - veteran GK - Caprile?
RWB - Drameh - Ayling?
LWB - Firpo - McCarron -
CB's - Koch? - Cresswell - Hjelde - Cooper - Struijk
DMF - Shackleton - Bate - Kenneh
CMF - Need x2 - Dallas (eventually) Roberts
RW - Summerville - Costa? - Miller - Poveda?
LW - James - Harrison - McKinstry
AMF - Need - Bogusz- Greenwood
ST - Gelhardt - Bamford - plus 1 (I do rate Dean)

So I'm adding three mids, a keeper and a striker. If we can still get Aaronson (highly unlikely for me if we're in the CH.) then great but realistically we're cherry picking from the Championship and abroad. I'd also let Costa go for whatever we can get.

I think if Marsch stays he'll strip the assets, get in players to play his poor defensive system and that will lead to disaster for me.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

BUT WE'RE NOT DOWN YET!!
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:09 am How was it in the flesh last night Leon? More depressing than on the TV I imagine.
Raph & KP’s price has plummeted. Rodrigo & James can go on a 2 for one deal. The rest of the deadwood isn’t worth a toss. Hope we don’t get tempted into selling our young talent like Cresswell & JG etc
Yes, just as depressing, Jay.

We couldn't get out of our own half for the majority of the game, we struggled to retain the ball, no creativity whatsoever, hence no shots on target. Yet another red card so that's the demented James out for the season to go along with Dallas, Ayling & Forshaw, thing is we have no back-up to replace these players even though they are not up to PL standard, all looking very grim as we approach our final two games.

Four CB's on the park with two on the bench in our disjointed squad.

Atmosphere was great but, our fans exuberance seems to have no effect on our players performances.
William
First Team
First Team

Post by William »

faaip wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:31 am Personally for me first out the door is Marsch, keep your fingers crossed Hudds don't go up and get Corberan in. Pay what it takes, we'll have Prem end of season money and parachute payments to play with

As for the above, they all cost peanuts and we've had our monies worth so why sweat trying to make money on them. Coop will stay, proven prem defender. Klich and Forshaw can be released, Roberts is still young and can do a job. Bamford will be a Leeds player next season

We sell Raph, Kalvin, Meslier for profits, (though I'd try and keep the latter) lose money on Rodrigo, maybe Llorente (happens to every team, losing big money on players). Not sure about Ayling.

A lot of the salaries are tied to bonuses linked with staying up so that will save us money.

Next seasons squad for me

GK - Klaesson - veteran GK - Caprile?
RWB - Drameh - Ayling?
LWB - Firpo - McCarron -
CB's - Koch? - Cresswell - Hjelde - Cooper - Struijk
DMF - Shackleton - Bate - Kenneh
CMF - Need x2 - Dallas (eventually) Roberts
RW - Summerville - Costa? - Miller - Poveda?
LW - James - Harrison - McKinstry
AMF - Need - Bogusz- Greenwood
ST - Gelhardt - Bamford - plus 1 (I do rate Dean)

So I'm adding three mids, a keeper and a striker. If we can still get Aaronson (highly unlikely for me if we're in the CH.) then great but realistically we're cherry picking from the Championship and abroad. I'd also let Costa go for whatever we can get.

I think if Marsch stays he'll strip the assets, get in players to play his poor defensive system and that will lead to disaster for me.
Not a bad selection.
Drameh has proven Championship experience too haha.

Plus we will (probably) go down the loan route too.

Of course the JKA issue will need to be resolved otherwise we will be slapped with a registration embargo.
Marsch OUT

Football has undergone a process of bielsification; pressing and possessing, passing rather than dribbling, intercepting high up the field rather than making last-ditch tackles, are in vogue.

Marcelo Bielsa. The light that will never go out.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

KP and Raph will go for £50m which is a lot for a Championship club. Rodrigo, Llorente and Firpo will go back to Spain and Koch to Germany. I think the rest will stay.

Meslier, Cooper, Ayling, Harrison, James, Bamford, Struijk, Klich, Shackleton, Gelhardt, Poveda, Costa, Drameh all have Championship experience already. Bring back the likes of McCalmont and Bogusz too.

More worried about losing Archie Gray though! :cry:
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

It's a complete disaster, i don't even know where to start, but basically virtually none of these are good enough bar Raphinha.
KP will need to be sold asap coz his value is plummeting as we speak.

The master got them all playing collectively as a TEAM, individually they are nothing and worth peanuts, there is a big difference between individual brilliance and his split second passing and thinking (Raphinha) and a team player.

Raphinha could start tomorrow for Citeh or Lpool no problem at all, all he would need would be a few hours with the manager about his role and what's expected of him, there'll obviously be some tweaking to be done here and there and he might just get 'it' instantly or it might take a month or so to get used to his team mates until he's firing on all cylinders, but it wouldn't surprise me if he was an instant hit, he's the perfect replacement for Salah, he would have to up his positional sense but it wouldn't be a problem at all for Klopp after a few sessions.

I could list every single Leeds player and their worth and what they're all about, but it's too fcking long winded and i'm totally pizzed off this morning coz the realisation is setting in that we're back to fcking s**t Leeds again and the wilderness years, it's fcking heartbreaking that we've lost the guy that could've taken us back to the dizzy heights.

Thge clown hasn't a fcking clue btw, and should be shot at dawn.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

William wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:39 am Not a bad selection.

Of course the JKA issue will need to be resolved otherwise we will be slapped with a registration embargo.
I really rate Kenneh, think his ceiling is higher than Kalvin and he'd be a strong big unit in the middle of the park, adding height and CB experience to the DMF position.. Reminds me of Patrick Vierra...we also have the Spanish kid Mateo Fernandez who looks like quality
1964white

Post by 1964white »

William wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:39 am Not a bad selection.

There's not the class of Ben White or Pablo Hernandez in that squad, who were instrumental in our promotion to the Premier League.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:52 am I really rate Kenneh, think his ceiling is higher than Kalvin and he'd be a strong big unit in the middle of the park, adding height and CB experience to the DMF position.. Reminds me of Patrick Vierra...we also have the Spanish kid Mateo Fernandez who looks like quality
We're rating our U23s who have never played competitive league football & are responsible for our first relegation of this season.
Johnboy1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnboy1965 »

If we do go down then Marsch has to go as I don't believe he has what it takes to get us back up.
Not his fault I admit as we were a shambles before he arrived but we need someone with more experience of the English Leagues.
Don't think he has the nouse to get us out of one of the most demanding leagues in the world.
We need to keep our talented youngsters and mixed with a few of our old hands like Bamford, Dallas, Struijk and Koch and a few shrewd signings we may be OK to get back within 2 or 3 years.
Whatever happens next year will be a rebuilding exercise.
Rodrigo, Firpo, James , Ayling, Roberts, Klich, need to go.
The money we get for KP and Raph needs to be invested wisely so that's Orta gone also.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

faaip wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:52 am I really rate Kenneh, think his ceiling is higher than Kalvin and he'd be a strong big unit in the middle of the park, adding height and CB experience to the DMF position.. Reminds me of Patrick Vierra...we also have the Spanish kid Mateo Fernandez who looks like quality
Me too. I think he should be the Kalvin replacement.