Leeds Utd 1-1 Brighton - Post Match Chat

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd v Brighton Match Thread

Post by Cjay »

White Riot wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 3:14 pm I can see Burnley losing at Villa, but beating Newcastle at home in their last match, which would mean we will need to win at Brentford to stay up.

Everton still not safe as well.
We need a rock solid Pontus today but an oops i accidentally scored those 3 own goals next weekend :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

BGwhite wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 3:14 pm Bloody annoying!!

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
When we've had KP and Harrison taking corners it's been no better :(
BGwhite
Manager
Manager

Post by BGwhite »

WhiteRose wrote:This is unbelievable, another keeper having the game of his life - we really need to consider getting out of Elland road our bad luck just defies any kind of logic.
Is it bad luck or just incompetence from us ?

Jaydog
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Jaydog »

White Riot wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 3:07 pm I know JG has had some injuries, but it's absolutely criminal that he has not been played while Paddy has been out for so long.

Dreadful team selection by Bielsa and Jesse to keep picking the little Scum ba***rd as CF :lol:
Well he’s raw and too young. Not quite PL standard. :roll: I’ve read that on here.
I’m not certain of much but as long as I have a hole in my arse I’ll say the kid is a superstar in the making
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 3:06 pm Gelhardt. Amazing.
Yes, quality option.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Tyler Roberts hasnt played for 2 months and Patrick Bamford ha sonly managed 6 or so matches worth of minutes and Joe Gelhardt will end this season having played 200 or so minutes less than Roberts and only roughly 2 games worth of minutes more than Bamford.

Its shocking and something people chanting Bielsa's name should remember before they hail him as some unlucky messiah
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Watching in Zante in the pub, family of Leicester season ticket holders have just bought me drink.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

apollo
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by apollo »

William wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 3:00 pm Draw sees Everton safe today
No it doesn't, it would leave them 2 points above us and 3 above Burnley but with Burnley having 2 to play
Jaydog
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Jaydog »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 3:42 pm Image
Stunning bit of skill young man
William
First Team
First Team

Post by William »

apollo wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 3:44 pm No it doesn't, it would leave them 2 points above us and 3 above Burnley but with Burnley having 2 to play
ah right enough.

Anyhow they have just scored
Marsch OUT

Football has undergone a process of bielsification; pressing and possessing, passing rather than dribbling, intercepting high up the field rather than making last-ditch tackles, are in vogue.

Marcelo Bielsa. The light that will never go out.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Jaydog wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 3:17 pm Well he’s raw and too young. Not quite PL standard. :roll: I’ve read that on here.
I’m not certain of much but as long as I have a hole in my arse I’ll say the kid is a superstar in the making
Yep, agree Jay.

I've no issue with him being left out if the players wearing the shirt deserve to keep it.

But what have those senior pros done to deserve selection every match this season?

Nowt for me.
Broad Ford
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Broad Ford »

Finally Leeds have something to build upon.
Gelhardt worked his magic and Leeds now have a lifeline for all their hard work. It's still not over should Burnley beat Villa, so more of that fighting spirit down at Brentford and of course Gelhardt's magic infront of goal. What an exciting player he's turning out to be. Someone buy that man a drink. 🍺
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Well we live to fight another day and it's another late goal under Marsch. But I don't think it's enough tbh. Relying on Burnley losing both, very unlikely, or us winning at Brentford, probably more unlikely. I can see Burnley sacking their manager if they lose on Thursday tbh and Fat Sam coming in.
Just a shame Leicester bent over for Fat Frank. :angry:

I'll be honest, I was kinda hoping we'd be down before Sunday. Not sure I can take anymore agony. Time for Marsch to whip out Gladiator and Al Pacino's speech from Any Given Sunday for the next week.

Time to go out in one final blaze of glory for Raph, KP and Rodrigo to put their bodies on the line. No sulking.

Just glad it's not at ER, because the players wouldn't handle the pressure.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

White Riot wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 3:49 pm Yep, agree Jay.

I've no issue with him being left out if the players wearing the shirt deserve to keep it.

But what have those senior pros done to deserve selection every match this season?

Nowt for me.
:tup:
BGwhite
Manager
Manager

Post by BGwhite »

Carrick Dave wrote:Watching in Zante in the pub, family of Leicester season ticket holders have just bought me drink.
They just feel sorry for ya !

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I'd throw Bamford in next week tbh.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 2:47 pm Bielsa was a major part of this season being so crap, why is he being sung for?
:tup:

Deluded.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

White Riot wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 2:44 pm Sack The Board rings out, 37 matches too late :(
It seemed to inspire the players. Get it going for 90 mins. :tup:
BGwhite
Manager
Manager

Post by BGwhite »

Much better 2nd half, their keeper looking unbeatable but persistence paid off in the shape of our kids. What skill from Joffy and Struik getting his head in there to nod in. We need more of that next week, doesn't need to be pretty or skilful, just keep knocking on the door and the chances will be there but I fear for our defence. Llorent is out hopefully , he is weak physically and maybe mentally as well. Hopefully this result gives the lads some confidence and self belief. Brighton are a form team and we should've won that so no need to fear Brentford.