The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 16th May) It's going down to the wire

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Jaydog
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 16th May) It's going down to the wire

Post by Jaydog »

Villa got to 43 v Burnley. So any lingering doubt (like Soton) that they could possibly be involved was gone (with other results too) and then obviously they put up a big performance v Pool which was expected. I too think they will be saving something for Citeh so Thursday will be a draw imo because Villa won’t just lie down and Burnley aren’t that good.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

faaip wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:42 am Is it Marsch sacked?
:)
William
First Team
First Team

Post by William »

Jaydog wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:48 am It’s a business. Bet365 owner paid about 20 million corporation tax recently. I very rarely bet anywhere else but Betfair these days
I know it is jaydog but not one I support
Marsch OUT

Football has undergone a process of bielsification; pressing and possessing, passing rather than dribbling, intercepting high up the field rather than making last-ditch tackles, are in vogue.

Marcelo Bielsa. The light that will never go out.
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

Burnley, Watford and Norwich have been the worst teams all season, comfortably .. Then a tier up Us, Villa, Southampton, Newcastle and Everton..
1 - Revie
2 - Bielsa
3 - Wilkinson

THE LEEDS LEGENDS ... never to be forgotten

THE LAST REAMINING ORTA/RADS FAN
William
First Team
First Team

Post by William »

One way of looking at it is where do Villa have the best chance of getting points from?
Burnley or City?

Remember it is £2.2M per league place.

Villa potentially have 4 places to climb. Not bad coin to aim for.
Marsch OUT

Football has undergone a process of bielsification; pressing and possessing, passing rather than dribbling, intercepting high up the field rather than making last-ditch tackles, are in vogue.

Jaydog
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Jaydog »

William wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 11:02 am I know it is jaydog but not one I support
Understand that William. I mainly bet on golf and have paid for a fair few things doing that, rarely bet on anything else bar the big race meetings. And virtually never on football. I know there’s a lot of criticism aimed at the industry, and rightly so but it does wind me up that a lot of the general public who like a flutter & a pint are constantly reminded of the ills of their vices but you can eat as many burgers as you like. The food industry is out of control.
Rant over :)
William
First Team
First Team

Post by William »

Jaydog wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 11:16 am Understand that William. I mainly bet on golf and have paid for a fair few things doing that, rarely bet on anything else bar the big race meetings. And virtually never on football. I know there’s a lot of criticism aimed at the industry, and rightly so but it does wind me up that a lot of the general public who like a flutter & a pint are constantly reminded of the ills of their vices but you can eat as many burgers as you like. The food industry is out of control.
Rant over :)
Yeah I food industry is another problem, though after 15 burgers my body tells me to stop, whereas with a credit card in my hand I can plunge my family into a world of debt due to my lack of regulation.

Addiction eh?

Rant over x2 :)
Marsch OUT

Chilli D
Manager
Manager

Post by Chilli D »

William wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 11:07 am One way of looking at it is where do Villa have the best chance of getting points from?
Burnley or City?

Remember it is £2.2M per league place.

Villa potentially have 4 places to climb. Not bad coin to aim for.
2.2m per league place means very little to the players, but much more to the owners.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Jaydog
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Jaydog »

William wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 11:29 am Yeah I food industry is another problem, though after 15 burgers my body tells me to stop, whereas with a credit card in my hand I can plunge my family into a world of debt due to my lack of regulation.

Addiction eh?

Rant over x2 :)
:) you think you’ve got me there eh :) I worked for a top consultant from the NHS and asked what is the biggest and most costliest problem for his “industry”. Sugar. That was all he said. It’s cost billions. But I agree some of the stories of bookmaker greed are shocking
William
First Team
First Team

Post by William »

Chilli D wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 11:33 am 2.2m per league place means very little to the players, but much more to the owners.
True but I am clutching at straws here trying to convince myself that Villa are in the game this Thursday and you are not helping :roflmao:
Marsch OUT

Kennyb41
First Team
First Team

Post by Kennyb41 »

Well, the team news on Thursday will tell all.
A self-confessed lover of Bigots, Walts, Otters and Dandelions.
Must dash.
8-)
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

I think in this day and age, with huge money riding on every result, tv, betting etc. a club "throwing" a fixture or even taking it easy would be very difficult to pass off. The fans would go crazy. Plus it's not like Gerrard can relax, he needs good results, it hasn't been a spectacular success so far, he needs every point and position.
mentalcase
First Team
First Team

Post by mentalcase »

MOTD made Rodrigo look good, it only showed one of his many errors and how idle he is, also idle Harrison, no doubt we’ll still have one of them next season.
A lot of us have been shouting from the rooftops for JG to have more minutes, I would say if he had more game time we would be safe by now, it’s quite bewildering really the way we have used him, or rather, not used him.
I thought it pathetic of those fans singing for Bielsa , if you really feel that way about him f**k off to Argentina with him, he won’t be back, ever, and he’s the main reason we’re in this situation, idiots.
A Pontus own goal on Sunday would be nice.
Keep Fighting
Finnatic
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Finnatic »

On a similar theme to the Gerrard/Burnley/Liverpool situation, Eddie Howe might take it easy on Burnley, he was their manager for a season or so.
Did he go cos he was homesick or something?
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Kennyb41 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 11:48 am Well, the team news on Thursday will tell all.
I’d call nonsense at this theory, it’s their last home game of the season and Gerrard manages Aston Villa which is where his loyalty will lie he will want a good finish - they will put a strong team out. whether or not they still win is another matter as they don’t have a great home record.
Chilli D
Manager
Manager

Post by Chilli D »

There was discussion on Radio 5 Live on Sunday about players being 'on the beach' for the last game and in particular Newcastle players.
The show host stated that the players will be looking to impress Eddie Howe so they are retained for next season and the last thing they will do is take it easy.
I hope he's correct.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Finnatic wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 12:21 pm On a similar theme to the Gerrard/Burnley/Liverpool situation, Eddie Howe might take it easy on Burnley, he was their manager for a season or so.
Did he go cos he was homesick or something?
Really stretching this now, maybe Charlie Taylor will suddenly remember he owes Leeds and stick a few own goals in or Gary Mac will knock out Mike Jackson before kick off. Worse still Chris woods head might explode after getting so utterly confused by where his loyalty lies
Chilli D
Manager
Manager

Post by Chilli D »

WhiteRose wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 1:53 pm Really stretching this now, maybe Charlie Taylor will suddenly remember he owes Leeds and stick a few own goals in or Gary Mac will knock out Mike Jackson before kick off. Worse still Chris woods head might explode after getting so utterly confused by where his loyalty lies
If Chris Wood scores the goal that sends Burnley down he would instantly become a hero in Leeds.
Last day games tend to throw up scenarios such as this.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Think 64 mentioned his plan for the last day of the season a couple weeks ago. Should Thursdays results go our way is anyone else considering getting away from it all and looking at the scores once it’s all over? Must admit I’m tempted but that moment when you check the scores would be such a concentrated hit of stress and anticipation it could be worse than watching it.
Finnatic
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Finnatic »

WhiteRose wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 1:53 pm Really stretching this now, maybe Charlie Taylor will suddenly remember he owes Leeds and stick a few own goals in or Gary Mac will knock out Mike Jackson before kick off. Worse still Chris woods head might explode after getting so utterly confused by where his loyalty lies
It was tongue in cheek 😉

The last line was a genuine question though.