Rasmus Kristensen

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Would you be happy with Kristensen?

Poll ended at Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:59 am

Yes
68%
No
3%
Unsure
30%

Total votes: 37

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Rasmus Kristensen- DEAL CLOSE

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:31 pm I think Dallas is expected to be recovered by September - although not sure as to whether that was him to be fully recovered and available for selection by then or able to start light training. As such it may be that we feel we are okay going with Firpo as left back and having Dallas back by September to take over as Firpo is banned for reaching 10 yellow cards for the season.
November according to Marsch.

Then add the risk of picking up additional injury with those long term ones.

I think relying on Dallas at all is a mistake next season.

We've tried to rely on long term injured players before and it never works out.

Phillips looked poor since returning.
Forshaw was meh then got reinjured anyway.
Bamford got reinjured.

Etc.

I think we need to sign a left back and if the club intend to rely on Dallas then it will show they have learned nothing from past mistakes.

So I fully expect the extreme naivety and arrogance of Orta and Co to.mean we don't sign one :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:31 pm I think Dallas is expected to be recovered by September - although not sure as to whether that was him to be fully recovered and available for selection by then or able to start light training. As such it may be that we feel we are okay going with Firpo as left back and having Dallas back by September to take over as Firpo is banned for reaching 10 yellow cards for the season.
It is Dallas' worst position imo, even if we do see him this side of New year...Which I doubt if I believe the reports of the injury...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Think I gave Kalvin 3 MOTM's since returning, struggled playing the new position under Marsch so I thought did ok on return...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

:rol: :rol: :rol: :rol:

Firpo is also injury prone, only 19 appearances last season.

I'd have preferred Dallas to play in midfield last season, unfortunately he spent so much time covering Ayling/Firpo's positions.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:48 pm Think I gave Kalvin 3 MOTM's since returning, struggled playing the new position under Marsch so I thought did ok on return...
None for me, a close 2nd in a couple of games & I'm Kalvin's biggest fan, still don't think he is fully fit yet.

Serious injuries to footballers generally takes time before they are back to their best.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:34 pm
Did you watch Rasmus for Denmark last night, Cjay?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:43 pm Did you watch Rasmus for Denmark last night, Cjay?
No Leon I didn't.

Any good?

I have my reservations because of his level but I trust Red Bull Salzburg's scouting department over Orta.

Gives hope.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:59 pm No Leon I didn't.

Any good?

I have my reservations because of his level but I trust Red Bull Salzburg's scouting department over Orta.

Gives hope.
Watched up to the 70 minutes mark as I've had to be up early this morning.

Kristensen played a very attacking role in the first-half hogging the right flank as Raphinha does, second-half he played a much deeper role.

Gets forward a lot, looking for an overlap.
Strong & seems to be quick, especially when his team has to defend,
Chases back & stays with his marker defensively.
I didn't see enough of his defensive qualities to make an opinion, even though he always seems to be in the correct position at the back.
Plenty of neat & tidy short passes.
Made two crosses into the box, one assisting Denmark's first goal in the first-half.

I would rate his performance 7/10.

Hope Rasmus has had a word in Christian Eriksen's ear about his best future career move.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Rasmus Kristensen- MEDICAL TOMORROW

Post by Chilli D »

This will turn out to be a good signing I think. Could spell the end for Ayling as a first team regular.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Chilli D wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:53 am This will turn out to be a good signing I think. Could spell the end for Ayling as a first team regular.
Ayling is good to have in the squad (especially if we are still looking at an 18 man squad and youth) with him being able to cover right back and centreback. I know some don't rate him as a centreback but I always felt that he did okay as a centreback (especially when he got a run of games to get familiar with the position) but that we struggled when he played centreback more because we missed him at rightback. Having RK being able to bomb forward in a similar way to Ayling does would mean we shouldn't have that problem if Ayling had to play centreback. The key factor in having the small squad is having players capable of playing a couple of positions.

Additionally Ayling is still good enough to be a starter at right back so it means we are strong there. It also gives the option of allowing Drameh to go out on loan to further his development rather than having him here as an unhappy back-up.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

weasel wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:20 am Ayling is good to have in the squad (especially if we are still looking at an 18 man squad and youth) with him being able to cover right back and centreback. I know some don't rate him as a centreback but I always felt that he did okay as a centreback (especially when he got a run of games to get familiar with the position) but that we struggled when he played centreback more because we missed him at rightback. Having RK being able to bomb forward in a similar way to Ayling does would mean we shouldn't have that problem if Ayling had to play centreback. The key factor in having the small squad is having players capable of playing a couple of positions.

Additionally Ayling is still good enough to be a starter at right back so it means we are strong there. It also gives the option of allowing Drameh to go out on loan to further his development rather than having him here as an unhappy back-up.
I've no complaints with Ayling at all really. Great servant for the club and always gives his all even if he's having a mare.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Chilli D wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:26 am I've no complaints with Ayling at all really. Great servant for the club and always gives his all even if he's having a mare.

I echo that sentiment, he's versatile and 100% committed to the LU cause, even it he only gets limited starts, another season of experience for the new players will do everyone no harm.
Plus it gives him time to perfect his RK celebration.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

mentalcase wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:52 am [/b]

I echo that sentiment, he's versatile and 100% committed to the LU cause, even it he only gets limited starts, another season of experience for the new players will do everyone no harm.
Plus it gives him time to perfect his RK celebration.
:tup:
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:20 am Ayling is good to have in the squad (especially if we are still looking at an 18 man squad and youth) with him being able to cover right back and centreback. I know some don't rate him as a centreback but I always felt that he did okay as a centreback (especially when he got a run of games to get familiar with the position) but that we struggled when he played centreback more because we missed him at rightback. Having RK being able to bomb forward in a similar way to Ayling does would mean we shouldn't have that problem if Ayling had to play centreback. The key factor in having the small squad is having players capable of playing a couple of positions.

Right now, Ayling is above Drameh imo!

According to our Player Ratings, Luke was our 3rd best player last season & was voted Man Of The Match in four of the twelve games under Jesse Marsch.

Also, Ayling played many games carrying an injury last season, now we have a scenario where if either Kristensen is unfit Ayling can step in, or vice-versa.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Agree weasel. I've always championed Ayling, even when the boo boys were really down on him a few years ago. I love his playing style and his goal celebrations. I love his spirit and I think he's a great character to have around the club.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:33 am Agree weasel. I've always championed Ayling, even when the boo boys were really down on him a few years ago. I love his playing style and his goal celebrations. I love his spirit and I think he's a great character to have around the club.
Leeds through & through :tup:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Chilli D wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:26 am I've no complaints with Ayling at all really. Great servant for the club and always gives his all even if he's having a mare.
No ~Ayling, no win at Wolves ... and he's done that before.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:04 am No ~Ayling, no win at Wolves ... and he's done that before.
Goals
Rotherham, Millwall, Huddersfield, Bristol City, Hull & remembering his goal & manic celebrations at Birmingham.

Wolves & his wonderful equaliser at Old Trafford.

Plus lots of assists.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

1964white wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:21 am Goals
Rotherham, Millwall, Huddersfield, Bristol City, Hull & remembering his goal & manic celebrations at Birmingham.

Wolves & his wonderful equaliser at Old Trafford.

Plus lots of assists.
His most important - Wolves away by a country mile
Best finish - Huddersfield home, just before the first lockdown. What a finish!