Marc Roca

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Re: Marc Roca- DEAL CLOSE

Post by Mountain »

Kennyb41 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:33 pm I like the sound of it as a replacement for KP and that KP is moving on, get us 70m from Citeh KP and good luck there, it's the best move you'll ever make in your life.
Hands up, I don't follow this logic at all. Sell one of our best players, buy someone who may not be an adequate replacement at all, because the owners make a nice bundle?

Why does Radz profiting on wheeling and dealing bother us that much. I'd simply rather we kept our better players.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Don't think optimism is the right word 64 i'm frightened to death.

Big Jesse hasn't given me anything yet nor the performances, it's a brand new year in the Prem thank fck and we have to hit the ground running, any optimism is perhaps coming from the money we'll get from KP and Raph and that they'll spend it on players that we've then got to hope can immediately hit it off together, which virtually never happens to teams in the Prem.

New manager.
New players.
New formation.

It all has to work.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Mountain wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:45 am Hands up, I don't follow this logic at all. Sell one of our best players, buy someone who may not be an adequate replacement at all, because the owners make a nice bundle?

Why does Radz profiting on wheeling and dealing bother us that much. I'd simply rather we kept our better players.
Because the squad of players Bert got something out of when he came, no other manager in the world would get something like he did out of them, i don't want to list all the players coz it's virtually all, KP was worth nowhere near 70m pre Bert and will quickly lose his value playing shyte in a Dildo formation or any other, and combine that with no Bert to guide him in his lone role and he will not shine.

Get the 70m and spend it.

You could possibly say the same about Raph, but he's too gifted and would only look shyte when surrounded by shyte.

We're are risking EVERYTHING now and building, so if we need money these will have to go so we can buy.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

Deals like this one at around 10 - 15 M is where we are at currently.
I suspect Aaronson is going to be our biggest splurge unless we sell KP and Rapha pronto.

Be fantastic of course if the new additions are plus those two staying.

This window has started quite well. We just need to sort out what’s happening with our two stars.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Mountain wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:45 am Hands up, I don't follow this logic at all. Sell one of our best players, buy someone who may not be an adequate replacement at all, because the owners make a nice bundle?

I don't think it is about making the owners a bundle but accepting that this is modern football and other teams can triple (or more) KP or Raph's wages overnight without bating an eyelid. We are't in a position to do that and even if we could the chances are the players would still want to leave to be at clubs where winning 1 trophy can be seen as failure.

As such the hope is that whatever money we get is re-invested well. Like AR has mentioned the model to follow is the likes of Leicester. Selling players when they hit their peak value and then being able to recruit a decent replacement for a fraction of the cost. Buil steadily so that selling 1 player can fund 3 or 4 and make the squad stronger. Is Roca going to be an adequate replacement if KP goes, well only time will tell. But given ho many games KP missed last season and him not being at his best when playing due to coming back from injuries and the bar is considerably lower then if we were replacing a fully fit and playing at his peak KP. KP should flourish at City, playing in a similar way to how he did under Bielsa but without the over reliance on him. He can be rested more often so they should see the best of him. As such it is a situation where everybody wins.

If we get a player that is say only 80% as good as KP is but is fit to play every game then I think we are better off as has been shown by our win stats when KP has been out. At present when KP has been out we are maybe getting someone playing his position that isn't even half as good. Hopefully we get another player in too (or maybe even 2 more) so that we have the option of any 2 from 3 if we are to play 2 holding midfielders.

It is making the best of things but given the situation getting a Spanish player in to do the role makes complete sense as they have been masters at creating this type of player.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Agree Weasel (yet again)

It would be hard to find a better player than KP in that lone role.

It SHOULD ( Grade A Clown) be pizz easy to find a better player than KP in any other midfield role in the new formation, so get 70m if poss and spend like above.

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Whether they gel or not and can Jesse get them playing together is another matter.

Fngers and toes crossed.

Btw it seems the class 1 grade A clown is running the show now.

Jeez he must've a silver tongue that guy.

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Jeez if Bert has spoke to Pep (100% he has) about KP and if Pep plays him 4-1-4-1 Citeh will be formidable, if 4-3-3 i think that would be more 4-1-5 and that too would be formidable, they have a lot of players now that are forward attacking players, KP could be the kingpin in that role on his own and i'd love it if he has contact somehow with Bert to help him going forward

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Another thing Mountain, without even seeing him or knowing anything about this Roca, i'll 100% guarantee he's better than KP in any other MF role than the lone one.

;@)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Just hope if Roca signs & we sell Kalvin, our midfield two is not Forshaw & Roca.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Click on that and read the comments from Bayern fans.

It's really weird.

They practically all seem to rate Roca both as a player and a person.

Normally with a bit parter fans aren't fussed.

Barcelona fans didn't care when Firpo left,Manure fans weren't fussed about James, JKA and Cuisance same story.

But Marc Roca seems very popular and rated by the Bayern fans who are seemingly quite annoyed/disappointed he didnt get more chances.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:24 pm
Click on that and read the comments from Bayern fans.

It's really weird.

They practically all seem to rate Roca both as a player and a person.

Normally with a bit parter fans aren't fussed.

Barcelona fans didn't care when Firpo left,Manure fans weren't fussed about James, JKA and Cuisance same story.

But Marc Roca seems very popular and rated by the Bayern fans who are seemingly quite annoyed/disappointed he didnt get more chances.
Interesting comments, Cjay.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

If he's has good as Pablo we will be happy.
CanuckMightyWhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CanuckMightyWhite »

Kennyb41 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:09 am Don't think optimism is the right word 64 i'm frightened to death.

Big Jesse hasn't given me anything yet nor the performances, it's a brand new year in the Prem thank fck and we have to hit the ground running, any optimism is perhaps coming from the money we'll get from KP and Raph and that they'll spend it on players that we've then got to hope can immediately hit it off together, which virtually never happens to teams in the Prem.

New manager.
New players.
New formation.

It all has to work.
A brand new team didn't affect Crystal Palace's league position, they seemed to gel quite quickly.
KP hardly played for us last year, hopefully he'll be the easier to replace. If we were to lose Raphinha too, his creativity and goal scoring void needs to be filled and with all the additional bodies we won't have to rely on Archie Gray and the likes.
The injury bug won't be as bad this year, hopefully. I think there is a lot to be positive about.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Hoping we've got this transfer right. Much to like about the player but much to be wary of. That said, a transfer that was definitely needed. Hoping he's got a touch of the Cesc Fabregas about his game and becomes a bit of a cult hero.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Brings total transfers to £200 million since we were promoted with very few sales - in terms of money invested I don’t see how anyone can accuse radz of not investing. The quality hasn’t always been there and the timing has been suspect but still deserves credit.
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Re: Marc Roca- SIGNED

Post by Boo Radley »

Marc Roca will have one of the lowest levels of expectation surrounding him as a new signing to Leeds United that I can remember in recent times. Most of the discussion on this thread is about Philips or our level of investment to date.

Are we getting spoiled like all the other PL clubs support, just waiting for the record breaking signing or is it that we are pushing the £200M level of recent investment and a £10M signing is no longer of consequence?

I wish him the very best. There's no doubt he has talent and this may be a significant move by the club in helping us to grow as a team on the pitch. There is no sense of it here, so the pressure is not on Marc. Maybe that wll work better for him.

Welcome aboard!
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

Welcome Roca
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

WhiteRose wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:03 pm Brings total transfers to £200 million since we were promoted with very few sales - in terms of money invested I don’t see how anyone can accuse radz of not investing. The quality hasn’t always been there and the timing has been suspect but still deserves credit.
:clap: :clap: Credit where credit is due :tup:
I think Rapha will still be here, him and Rockafella will forge a good partnership along with Aaronson.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Seems a nice lad.

Mrs Roca will be a welcome addition to Elland Road.

Popular with the Bayern fans.

Welcome Marc
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom