Tyler Adams

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Re: Tyler Adams

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Kennyb41 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:26 am They're my team now :shirtw: !

If they're good enough for our Leeds supporting American friend they're good enough for me !

(pssst, i don't know any others apart from that team George Best played for, was it NY Cosmos or summert i don't know, are they still going Paul?)
You might want to rethink that one Kenny. The club is a shadow of it's former self. In a complete shambles at the moment. And Wayne Rooney is our Manager.... :sick:
Football/Futbol/Soccer
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:03 pm You might want to rethink that one Kenny. The club is a shadow of it's former self. In a complete shambles at the moment. And Wayne Rooney is our Manager.... :sick:

That didn't take much thought.

UP THE GREEN BAY PACKERS ! :scar1
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Kennyb41 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:02 pm That didn't take much thought.

UP THE GREEN BAY PACKERS ! :scar1
Your welcome! :roflmao:
Football/Futbol/Soccer
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:51 am Jesse was a Defensive Midfielder. A true hard man....

He actually started his playing career at DC United, which is the MLS club that I support. He played sparingly on what was the best team in MLS in those days. After two seasons with DC he moved to Chicago Fire which was Managed by former DC Assistant Coach Bob Bradley. It was in Chicago where Jesse really established himself playing alongside fellow USA International Chris Armas.
A good friend of mine played at Harvard when Jesse was playing at Princeton. He says he hated Jesse, that he was in your face the whole game. Tireless, fearless, really annoying.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Tyler played really well today. Best player on the pitch.
Tighthead
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Tighthead »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:03 pm You might want to rethink that one Kenny. The club is a shadow of it's former self. In a complete shambles at the moment. And Wayne Rooney is our Manager.... :sick:
It could be worse, imagine being managed by Phil Neville :lol:
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

John in Louisiana wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:22 am Tyler played really well today. Best player on the pitch.
Yea I thought he had a terrific game :tup:
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I didn't watch all of the USA match but would I be right in thinking that Tyler played in a bit of a deeper role for the USA which allowed him to see what was happening and get into position earlier, rather than having to chase back and react?
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

weasel wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:58 am I didn't watch all of the USA match but would I be right in thinking that Tyler played in a bit of a deeper role for the USA which allowed him to see what was happening and get into position earlier, rather than having to chase back and react?
I had the game on but wasn't really glued to it, i'm only talking from when i looked up and Paul can probably answer you better, yeah i thought he was in a bit of a 2 man role with the other guy more advanced and TA sitting marginally deeper, i think the player was Mckennie.

I've just looked at a formation on Yahoo though that has them playing 4-3-3 with TA in the middle, but to me he seemed to be more over to the left, or if you prefer - left of central, maybe Paul can help further
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

weasel wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:58 am I didn't watch all of the USA match but would I be right in thinking that Tyler played in a bit of a deeper role for the USA which allowed him to see what was happening and get into position earlier, rather than having to chase back and react?
Yes I think that's fair to say. USA play a 4-3-3 with Tyler Adams marginally playing a single pivot with Yanus Musah and Weston McKennie in front of him. In reality it's more of a double pivot with Musah playing slightly forward of him on the left side and McKennie playing a more attacking #8 role that shades to the right. And Adams often drops back into the middle as our outside backs Robinson and Dest get forward. Something like this:

---------------------------------Sargent-------------------------------
Pulisic----------------------------------------------------------Weah

----------------------------------------------------McKennie---------
-----------------Musah------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------Adams----------------------------

Robinson------------Ream----------Zimmerman--------Dest

----------------------------------Turner--------------------------------
Football/Futbol/Soccer
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Every time i looked up (which was mainly the first half when USA were well on top) Adams seemed to be in the Musah position on your team above, but they were well on top and Musah and McKennie were probably flyin forward as much as poss.

;@)
Jimang
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jimang »

Seeing now Adams is Captain of USA, I think he is probably the logical choice as Leeds skipper next season. Much has been documented of Coopers defensive frailties this season and questionable Leadership too.
Always nice to see a battling No4 Captaining Leeds, so Tyler would be my choice. Like to hear your thoughts?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Well done Tyler

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Jude who?

Screenshot 2022-11-26 09.03.58.png
Screenshot 2022-11-26 09.03.58.png (62.58 KiB) Viewed 734 times
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:06 am Well done Tyler

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Jude who?

Screenshot 2022-11-26 09.03.58.png
If Rice is worth £150m, then how much is Tyler worth? :duno:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

So who was the Brown Dirt Cowboy?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Jimang wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:30 am Seeing now Adams is Captain of USA, I think he is probably the logical choice as Leeds skipper next season. Much has been documented of Coopers defensive frailties this season and questionable Leadership too.
Always nice to see a battling No4 Captaining Leeds, so Tyler would be my choice. Like to hear your thoughts?
I think he would be great as Captain of Leeds United
MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MightyWhites »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:29 am I think he would be great as Captain of Leeds United
I agree. Move Coops on and make it happen.
Tom_Siffringer
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Tom_Siffringer »

Captain my captain Image

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Boring game from an England perspective. The Mrs is not a footy fan at all and she said when England were in the tunnel that they didn't look interested and it transpired that we were second to everything. Adams will have turned afew heads with his performance. That tracking back tackle over on the left just sums him up perfectly. AR will be rubbing his hands together.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Tyler Adams the Man of the Match vs Iran by a country mile.

Screenshot 2022-11-30 10.00.33.png