Tyler Adams

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Tyler Adams

Post by VinnysTattoo »

Glad we have him now as his price has probably doubled.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Tighthead wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:37 am It could be worse, imagine being managed by Phil Neville :lol:
I Don't know whether that's worse than Gareth Southgate or not 🤔. I guess maybe it probably is .
Tighthead
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Tighthead »

Clacton White wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:28 am I Don't know whether that's worse than Gareth Southgate or not 🤔. I guess maybe it probably is .
Only slightly more so I think.
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Tyler Adams named US Soccer Player of the Year.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/united-stat ... er-of-year
Football/Futbol/Soccer
Tighthead
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Tighthead »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:17 pm Tyler Adams named US Soccer Player of the Year.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/united-stat ... er-of-year
😎
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Tyler Adams US Player of the Year.

Post by Irish Ian »

USMNT, Leeds’ Tyler Adams named U.S. Soccer Male Player of the Year

U.S. men’s national team and Leeds United midfielder Tyler Adams has been voted the U.S. Soccer Male Player of the Year for 2022, the federation announced Friday. Here’s what you need to know:

Adams captained the USMNT at the 2022 World Cup in Qatar. The 23-year-old was the youngest captain at the tournament and the youngest USMNT captain at the World Cup since 1950.
He moved from Bundesliga’s RB Leipzig to the Premier League with a $24 million transfer to Leeds in July 2022. Upon completion of the move, Adams signed a five-year deal with the English club.
Of the five finalists for the Male Player of the Year Award, Adams earned 71.6 percent of the votes followed by Christian Pulisic (14.7%) and Matt Turner (8.2%).

How Adams distinguished himself in 2022
Adams distinguished himself as the best and most consistent U.S. player through World Cup qualifying, which wrapped in March, and again at the World Cup in Qatar. That was evident simply in how rarely he came off the field; he led the U.S. in minutes played in 2022 and played every minute at the World Cup.

Adams’ stellar play in defensive midfield in Qatar helped the U.S. control the center of the park against both Wales and England in the group stage, and he covered ground, broke up attacks and helped solidify a U.S. team defense that ended up allowing just one goal through the first three games of the tournament.

His performances with the U.S. paired with his strong first season in England with Leeds made him an easy choice for the federation’s player of the year award. It should be noted, however, that Adams’ leadership away from the field was one of the most notable aspects of the World Cup for the U.S. — Tenorio

What they’re saying
“Receiving this type of recognition is certainly special, but for me the team’s success is the most important thing,” Adams said in a statement. “Having the experience of going to the World Cup, performing well as a group and moving the sport forward in the United States was super important to me this year, and I couldn’t have done it without my teammates.”
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Really want him to play the Phillips role for us, we'd be a few points better off if he had
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Tyler Adams vs. Manchester United:

60 touches
30/44 successful passes
10 ball recoveries
8/12 final third passes
4 interceptions
2/3 tackles won
1/1 successful take-on
1 chance created
1 block
1 clearance
1 foul

Tyler back to his best after a lukewarm display vs Forest

Huge midfield performance. No player made more ball recoveries.

Adams & McKennie gave some real steel in the middle of the park.

Along with Gnonto, Tyler is our most consistent performer this season.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Excellent display by Tyler, just need those 2 to try cut out the bookings, although you can't do much when the opposition dive.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:38 pm Excellent display by Tyler, just need those 2 to try cut out the bookings, although you can't do much when the opposition dive.
Difficult in the Premier League as so many players have perfected the art of diving.

I'm sure we all prefer our very own Ayling Flop, no one does the flop better than Luke.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

mentalcase wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:38 pm Excellent display by Tyler, just need those 2 to try cut out the bookings, although you can't do much when the opposition dive.
Yep, our biggest concern is when Tyler inevitably gets his two match ban for 10 yellows in a season, which is only a matter of time.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

For me he's up there with Batty.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Leeds1000 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:13 pm For me he's up there with Batty.
Oooh, big should that.

My favourite ever Leeds player was David Batty.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Hope that Adams and McKennie can forge a partnership to give us the same steel that Batty and Dacourt gave us. They were an awesome non-nonsense pair.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Barlow Boy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:53 pm Oooh, big should that.

My favourite ever Leeds player was David Batty.
Similar players BB. Altho admittedly Adams has got a bit to go yet.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Leeds1000 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:49 pm Similar players BB. Altho admittedly Adams has got a bit to go yet.
I completely understand where you are coming from pal.

As mentioned, Batty was my favourite ever player, Adams is now my current favourite player. It’s no coincidence that.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Barlow Boy wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:52 pm I completely understand where you are coming from pal.

As mentioned, Batty was my favourite ever player, Adams is now my current favourite player. It’s no coincidence that.
I love a disruptor as well pal. :tup:
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Lumiukko wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:56 pm Hope that Adams and McKennie can forge a partnership to give us the same steel that Batty and Dacourt gave us. They were an awesome non-nonsense pair.
Now that is something worth waiting for, hopefully it comes to fruition :tup:
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Leeds1000 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:00 pm I love a disruptor as well pal. :tup:
:tup: :tup: :tup:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Quote from Tyler Adams on javi Gracia

: “Leeds are notorious for winning the ball back quickly and going straight to the goal. But not every time we win the ball do we need to play the first pass forward that we see. Maybe we can keep the ball for two, three passes, switch the ball from side to side and start to tire the opponent. You saw that a little bit more against Southampton. He offers more of a balanced approach to the way that we're going to play. It's not just all out pressing, or all out possession, but a balance.”
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom