Charles De Ketelaere- Going to AC Milan.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Charles De Ketelaere-PHIL HAY SAYS WE ARE STEPPING UP OUR INTEREST

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:44 pm If CDK did come I'd imagine he's want a manageable buy out clause. Would you still want to buy him knowing we may have to sell cheap in the future?
I think any clause would still see us make a sizeable profit -even Raphinha's relegation release clause would have given us a decent, but not great, profit. I don't have a problem in it because for another club to come in and activate the buy out clause it would mean that he had done really well for us so it is a win win situation. I think it makes sense given where we are at present and unfortunately until we can challenge hgher up the table a lot of players will simply see us as a stepping stone - but if it means they come and play brilliantly to get their dream move then I am fine with it - much better than how people have used us as a retirement plan in the past (the likes of Ian Rush, Lee Sharpe, Robbie Fowler etc that came to us for a final pay day when they were well past their best - or even the likes of Tomas Brolin).
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

AC Milan are stepping up there interest in De Ketelaere.

He remains a priority target.

Newcastle managed to beat them to Sven Botman but they have limitless funds.

We don't.

Hard to see why anyone would choose us over AC Milan unfortunately.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:19 pm AC Milan are stepping up there interest in De Ketelaere.

He remains a priority target.

Newcastle managed to beat them to Sven Botman but they have limitless funds.

We don't.

Hard to see why anyone would choose us over AC Milan unfortunately.
Yorkshire dales, NYM, Leeds, Knaresborough, Harrogate, Whitby, last time I went to Milan it was full of graffiti and a dump.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Charles De Ketelaere-AC Milan make first official offer, now officially in competition with us.

Post by Cjay »

This isn't good news
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

mentalcase wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:10 pm Yorkshire dales, NYM, Leeds, Knaresborough, Harrogate, Whitby, last time I went to Milan it was full of graffiti and a dump.
Good point :) we should show Charlie pictures of those places and show him Emmerdale.

Then show him pictures of the Milan ghetto.

Unfortunately Milan has beautiful parts to.
A Champions League club
A very proud trophy laden history (unlike our record as nearly men).

Realistically it's hard to see why he would choose.us
Signed

King Cjay

Victor_Notts-17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Charles De Ketelaere-AC Milan make first official offer, now officially in competition with us.

Post by Victor_Notts-17 »

He won't come here over AC Milan: no way! I personally don't believe that he is remotely interested in coming here. We need an old fashioned brick-sh*thouse #9 not a weedy kid...
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

mentalcase wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:10 pm Yorkshire dales, NYM, Leeds, Knaresborough, Harrogate, Whitby, last time I went to Milan it was full of graffiti and a dump.
I'd fully agree. One of the most vastly overrated cities. The area around the Duomo is nice, but the rest of the city is a complete dump.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:18 pm Unfortunately Milan has beautiful parts to.
A Champions League club
A very proud trophy laden history (unlike our record as nearly men).

Realistically it's hard to see why he would choose.us
My first thought was, Milan made an offer, that puts us out of the race. But .... What about playing time? Is he guaranteed to start at Milan? That might keep us in with a shout.
CanuckMightyWhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CanuckMightyWhite »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:34 pm My first thought was, Milan made an offer, that puts us out of the race. But .... What about playing time? Is he guaranteed to start at Milan? That might keep us in with a shout.
That is true. I think we have a shot due to the fact we can outbid Milan (with the Raphinha money) and offer the player an opportunity to play in the PL as a starter. He would be a rotational option at Milan, albeit there is CL.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Serie A isn't that great these days to be honest. The PL and Spanish league are far stronger and the recent CL finals bear that out.
Plus the media is Italy are relentless.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

We need to move on and look else where, he would of been perfect but Arsenal are interested now as well apparently, though can’t see why they need him, and we can’t compete with them or AC on wages even if we could offer the most in transfer fee. Can’t afford to mess around on a player who we can’t get
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Reliable source

The kid has made it quite clear tbf to him.

Let's not be Chelsea and cling on to trying to sign a player who doesn't want to come.

Move on.
Signed

King Cjay

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Charles De Ketelaere- Not interested in a move to LUFC.

Post by Irish Ian »

Are we trying to sign a striker to put Bamford on the bench or play alongside him?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Irish Ian wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:32 pm Are we trying to sign a striker to put Bamford on the bench or play alongside him?
IMO, Gelhardt is the best forward at the club right now and it's not close, I see little point adding a back up striker because we'd either be looking at a FA veteran or someone not cutting it elsewhere. I would assume we're looking for a player to put Bamford on the bench, and maybe even put Gelhardt there if we play one up front...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

CdK was never a realistic possibility imo, he has shown no inclination to come to us and that's reasonable. We're not Prem top 10, not in Europe, not in the North west or London. We have to cut our cloth accordingly... Good strikers are really hard to source and buy.... We have Gelhardt, Bamford, Rodrigo (in a 2 could be a different player) It's a very decent trio
Last edited by The Subhuman on Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Rook
First Team
First Team

Post by Rook »

How many times do we need to be told no before we accept it and move on?

Every season this seems to happen.
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Rook wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:47 pm How many times do we need to be told no before we accept it and move on?

Every season this seems to happen.
Usually though it's the club turning us down, this time it's the player...
Rook
First Team
First Team

Post by Rook »

faaip wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:48 pm Usually though it's the club turning us down, this time it's the player...

Absolutely! Yet we STILL persist.

It's absurd.
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Not a big surprise, time to give up and look elsewhere.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

faaip wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:43 pm IMO, Gelhardt is the best forward at the club right now and it's not close, I see little point adding a back up striker because we'd either be looking at a FA veteran or someone not cutting it elsewhere. I would assume we're looking for a player to put Bamford on the bench, and maybe even put Gelhardt there if we play one up front...
Yeah I thought that too.

Hence we need a kid with lower expectations of minutes or an old pro who is happy to come in now and again.

Is Gayle is alive?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa