Mohamed Camara-RUMOUR

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Mohamed Camara-RUMOUR

Post by Cjay »

The 2nd of the named potential Kalvin Phillips replacements.

Another Red Bull Salzburg lad.

22 years old.

Considered a special talent by Red Bull Salzburg which given the quality of there recruitment clearly shows his potential.

Been linked to the big boys of European football including Real Madrid.

The lad is very very highly rated.

Despite his lack of height and size (only 5ft9) Camara is a very aggressive and phyiscal player whose deceptively strong.

He is mobile and relatively quick and able to move around the pitch at pace which when combined with his deceptive strength and tenacious nature makes him a real all action midfielder.

Whilst not quite a holding midfielder only Camara did develop a reputation at Salzburg for being there insurance policy.

If they lost possession he was back tidying up.

He is more comfortable on the ball than KP in tight areas and possess more of an ability and willingness to run with it.

Maybe lacking KP's passing range he makes up for that by being neat on the ball in a similar way to someone like N'golo Kante who imo is a very good comparison.

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/artic ... midfielder

He would not be cheap however at likely over £20mil and of course you do have the risk of a relatively low level of football only.

How would he do in a top league?

However he is a jewel in the Salzburg crown which is only reserved for the best of there already top young prospects.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Re: Mohamed Camara-RUMOUR

Post by lufc1304 »

Another player I'd never heard of until we were linked with him (I'd never heard of Raphina before he came), so can't really comment but that write up certainly reads well
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

His stats on paper look very good when compared with Berge and Phillips. Particular of note is his lack of injuries, which would be a blessing for us.

As for his height, Kante is 5'6" and watch him play.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Seen him a few times and he's ok in that league, very tenacious player, would he cut it in PL ?
If KP goes for £42 million and he's £20 million, it's still a handsome profit to enable another player to come in.
I think he's better than phillips, much more mobile, only opinion like.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Make of it what you will.

Is not having the money atm makes sense as its pretty obvious the club is skint until the Raph and KP deals go through
Signed

King Cjay

Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:35 pm
Make of it what you will.

Is not having the money atm makes sense as its pretty obvious the club is skint until the Raph and KP deals go through
Indeed, one of the reasons I am a bit p1ssed off with the transfer sagas of both players. KP for not curtailing his holidays to sort out his transfer, after already putting us in a situation to accept less than he ought to be worth, and also Deco and Raph for the see-sawing between clubs. We really need KP deal finalised tomorrow and to strike on Camara ASAP to get him over next week for medical/signing and pre-season tour.

Otherwise, I really like the look of him as a player, and encouraging he wants to come to us rather than Brighton. Brighton are pretty savvy in their scouting so I clearly a decent prospect.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Seeing unreliable reports from tw4tter that we have won the race for Camara and a medical will take place early next week. Excellent news if true.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

The Camara never lies so ...there's that
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

faaip wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:55 pm The Camara never lies so ...there's that
:clap:
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Lumiukko wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:22 pm Seeing unreliable reports from tw4tter that we have won the race for Camara and a medical will take place early next week. Excellent news if true.
Got quite excited myself but the source is this guy
He seems to have gotten a small itk reputation when it comes to African Salzburg players.

Called 2 or 3 right over the last 12 months apparently.

But I can't help but feel he is using our large support to enhance his followers.

Put it this way.

If you wanted to gain more followers whose fanbase would you pander to, ours or Brighton.

With reports coming out from reliable sources that we are going to bid for Tyler Adams it's very hard to see us signing both.

We need both.

But can't see us doing both
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

In a further weird twist on the same day very reliable sources say we are moving closer to Tyler Adams reliable well connected media outlets in Austria are saying we are closing in on Mohamed Camara.

The LUFC journalists have been adamant all window we are only signing one more midfielder when KP goes (even though we defo need 2).

That is clearly the line the club have briefed the media.

So either the club are telling porkies or the Austrian sources are mistaken.
Signed

King Cjay

John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:12 pm
So either the club are telling porkies or the Austrian sources are mistaken.
Or all of the above. :mshr:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Would love this guy!