The Leeds United States Of America, New dawn.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Success of Failure

Success
69%
Failure
31%

Total votes: 26

Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

The Leeds United States Of America, New dawn.

Post by Kennyb41 »

Ok guys here we go.

I wanted to hold off until friendlies and the first few games under Jesse in the Prem.

But i feel i have to stick my neck out and say how i think this is gonna go.

I think Jesse is gonna be a bag of shyte along with his penis formation, i have a lot of reasons why, but i'm interested in how you lot think it will work out.

He has a clean slate, so what you all think before a ball is kicked? Success or failure ?

64 don't know how to put a vote thing up so can you help ?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Re: The Leeds United States Of America, New dawn.

Post by 60sUnited »

OK....given his track record in lesser leagues we don't really have many reasons to be optimistic that he can be a success with LUFC....but he's here...our manager and all we can do is support him and hope for the best !!
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

You've totally missed the point 60's....Success or failure ?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

He has many things in his favour.....so ?

;@)
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Kennyb41 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:09 pm You've totally missed the point 60's....Success or failure ?
I guess it depends on how you're defining 'success' and 'failure'

17th ?

10th?

6th?
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Then define it for yourself Muppet, and others, what do you consider success ? Survival ? and relegation as failure ?

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

As per, i'm not expecting many fans to actually stick their neck out before hindsight kicks in.

Cjay here's your big chance pre hindsight : ??????????????????????????????????

;@)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Kennyb41 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:24 pm 64 don't know how to put a vote thing up so can you help ?
Done :tup:
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

I think he was a pretty good appointment, far better than the usual Benitez Dyche and Allardyce type appointments that football pundits usually think about.

I expect Leeds to survive next season. Success would depend on things like playing style. If we play good football, staying up with a few points to spare would be fine, I wouldn't define it in terms of finishing in top half etc
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Kennyb41 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:56 pm As per, i'm not expecting many fans to actually stick their neck out before hindsight kicks in.

Cjay here's your big chance pre hindsight : ??????????????????????????????????
:duno:

My views are well known on every subject and can be backed up by posts long pre dating the event old chap.

Mere mortals like you can't hope to fathom my levels of genius.

Don't feel disheartened Kenneth.

I've given my views on Marsch multiple times.

8-)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

A very tricky one to judge. We could do well despite Marsch in that the signings we make are good enough to outweigh poor tactics and we find ourselves able to win more matches than at least 3 other teams. Equally though Marsch could perform really well but the new signings all flounder and we get relegated despite Marsch getting the best out of a limited squad. If Marsch was coming in to a settled squad that had been mid table for a few seasons it would be easier to judge but we face the prospect of going into the new season with a fairly new manager and likely at least half the starting team being new. Assuming the 3 new signings all start and we bring in at least a couple of players to replace KP and Raph then that is 5 already that will be new to the team and quite possibly new to english football.

We are therefore gambling on a lot of things.

A) The new and existing players are able to fit into Marsch's system
B) The system works
C) The players are good enough
D) We don't suffer key injuries

As such I think I have to set the bar extremely low and say that success is simply avoiding relegation.

What I expect to happen: Us to be in the bottom half all season, probably too near to the relegation zone for comfort. We look disjointed in several matches not really threatening to score and looking vulnerable. We scrape a few wins but not convincingly but thankfully stay up.

What I hope happens: We comortably stay clear of the relegation zone, the players look good in the system, Marsch helps the players develop and we play with a bit of style showing that there is hope for the future of serious progression.

So all in all I think the season will end in success in terms that we avoid relegation but in terms of any real progress it is a failure and Marsch fails to suggest he can take us forward. He survives till the end of the season and then Orta looks for a new manager. So all in all JM both succeeds in keeping us up and fails to convince the fans, and Orta, that he can take us forward.

As such I will vote success as I think he will achieve the task of keeping us up.
Ken Pow
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Ken Pow »

I’m just the eternal optimist.

Staying up in some comfort would be success.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

TUT.....you stole my post from last week where I said we could be named ....'Leeds United States of America'.....(check it out )

No problem mind Kenny :)
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Very hard to judge what will be considered success or failure at this point as we have no idea what our squad will actually look like when the transfer window closes but here goes....
I feel we will be bottom half again this season but I think JM will keep us up despite losing our two best players so in my eyes that's a success.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

The football last season under both managers was generally poor.

Can JM mould the squad to a style he wants? I just hope we don’t turn into a pragmatic, take the points when we can, type of team.

We all know it’s not gonna be as exciting as Bielsaball at it’s best, but fingers crossed we show some more panache than the brief period under JM.

Rapha single handedly kept us up last season. We’ll ll need a system and replacements to at least mirror that feat before we can move forward.

The next two or three signings will make the difference. We need to get them right.

I can see it both ways. JM gets it right and we look a safe bet for mid table or it all goes boobs up early doors and we are back to square one. The fixture list has been kind for the early games. If we have next to fook all after, say 10 games, the reset button will be out once more.
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

OK, I have voted success...which for me would be survival with a bit more comfort ! In my opinion that would be success for the next few seasons, I just don't think that top 6 or 8 is on the cards anytime soon.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:32 am TUT.....you stole my post from last week where I said we could be named ....'Leeds United States of America'.....(check it out )

No problem mind Kenny :)
That is true Swan, i hoped you wouldn't mind :)

I think mid table would be considered a success for a new manager and a new system and bedding in some players, with bottom 5 considered a failure, avoiding relegation a bonus.

Come on there's hundreds of views but many have retreated into their burrows like scared rabbits.

Stick your neck out, give us your honest thoughts, it's what these forums are all about.

I hope not but i think he's out of his depth and is gonna get a rude awakening with this dick job, i'm also prepared to come back on here and be the first to hold my hand up if we're in the top half come Christmas, which shouldn't be that hard really.

;@)
Cumbriarents
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Cumbriarents »

It could be a tough season but it is the Prem after all. We are still fairly new to the big time and it was nearly 2 decades we were out

Raz said years ago he would like to buy players and then sell them for a nice profit which is a worry but until we get a mega rich owner it is what it is
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Sitting on the fence somewhat at the moment even tough I've voted 'success'
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

That's not on the fence 64.

;@)