Luís Sinisterra

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Luís Sinisterra

Post by The Subhuman »

Nah not stupid, just got it wrong. The first booking was very soft and any decent ref would have just warned him for doing sonething Villa players spent all afternoon doing...

To call him stupid stinks imo...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Luís Sinisterra - Two goals in seven minutes for Columbia

Post by Cjay »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:21 pm Agree on both points

His first half yellow was harsh. If he didn't get the yellow, then he can do stuff like that. But knowing he had a yellow ... Silly boy.
First half yellow was harsh given what he let the Villa lot get away with.

But being on a yellow and doing what he did was daft.

He knows the rules, delaying the restart is a yellow card.

Admittedly the ref was inconsistent with that (Bailey should have got booked for kicking the ball away).

But no excuse.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

faaip wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:33 pm Nah not stupid, just got it wrong. The first booking was very soft and any decent ref would have just warned him for doing sonething Villa players spent all afternoon doing...

Sorry. I'll offer him a pat on the back for delaying a free kick when he's already on a yellow card next time.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Luís Sinisterra - Two goals in seven minutes for Columbia

Cjay wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:46 pm First half yellow was harsh given what he let the Villa lot get away with.

But being on a yellow and doing what he did was daft.

He knows the rules, delaying the restart is a yellow card.

Admittedly the ref was inconsistent with that (Bailey should have got booked for kicking the ball away).

But no excuse.
Kind of reminds me of the famous Beckham world cup red card. He fouled me so I'm going to swing a foot at him while I'm on the floor. Very naive.

First half yellow card was harsh. Villa got a way with a lot. If Sinsiterra had blocked the free kick and hadnt been on a yellow, the ref might have given him a warning. But a 2nd yellow? They're never going to let that go. He'll learn. And hopefully go on to have the career Beckham did.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Why is his first yellow harsh because of other yellows that the ref clearly missed. His first card is absolutely correct. I’d want it given against us.
When your on a yellow it is the height of stupidity to get involved in kicking out at a free kick when you’ve already been warned. There is nothing to be gained.
In their half too.
I’d be effing livid if I was Marsch. He obviously wasn’t impressed based on his interview.
The refs inability to hand out yellows correctly doesn’t mean he got ours wrong. He didn’t. But he was inept in the extreme and that must be difficult to deal with. But grow a pair and deal with it.
I wonder if the way we toughed it out and nearly winning it wont actually give us some confidence. We’re not Man City but nor is anyone else. We can easily stay up but discipline needs addressing
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:50 pm Sorry. I'll offer him a pat on the back for delaying a free kick when he's already on a yellow card next time.
It's a football match and one with heightened emotions, s**t happens, but it was the refs f**k up! ... I'm standing by my it stinks to call him stupid.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

faaip wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:51 pm It's a football match and one with heightened emotions, s**t happens, but it was the refs f**k up! ... I'm standing by my it stinks to call him stupid.
That's your prerogative

I do think we've got a terrific player. He'll be the best chance we have of winning games this season. But I stick by my comment. And I do believe that Sinisterra himself will admit that was stupid.
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

I'll 100% guarantee that the next game you watch you will see players standing in front of the ball to prevent a free kick being taken and the referee will not do a thing about it.
It happens every game and the ref rarely punishes it.
In our next game we need to kick the ball against their legs when our opponents do it and watch all the yellow cards being issued.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:03 pm That's your prerogative

I do think we've got a terrific player. He'll be the best chance we have of winning games this season. But I stick by my comment. And I do believe that Sinisterra himself will admit that was stupid.
He's allowed to...
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

BobHirst wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:05 pm I'll 100% guarantee that the next game you watch you will see players standing in front of the ball to prevent a free kick being taken and the referee will not do a thing about it.
It happens every game and the ref rarely punishes it.
In our next game we need to kick the ball against their legs when our opponents do it and watch all the yellow cards being issued.
I agree. Strachan used to do that all the time. Don't gesture with your arms about the guy standing too close. Kick it at him.

I also agree that most refs just give a warning in that situation. But when the player is on a yellow already, you always see it punished. I don't agree that they should do that. The refs should be more professional and accept that they're dealing with emotion. But most just figure - I'm sending you off because I can.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

faaip wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:09 pm He's allowed to...
Indeed
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Not sure why it stinks to call Luis out for what he did. It was a big error, no question. And now we don’t have him for a few games. A big loss. If we were attempting to slow the free kick down then maybe use a player not on a yellow. It was so obvious first half someone was going to walk.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:33 pm

I won't call him stupid, but to do what he did for the second yellow was a stupid thing to do. There is a difference.....
Last edited by whiteswan on Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

whiteswan wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:13 pm I won't call him stupid, but to do what he did for the second yellow was stupid thing to do. There is a difference.....
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Graham Smyth (Yorkshire Evening Post) suggesting the ref didn't realize it was a 2nd yellow until after he flashed the yellow card. And that maybe he wouldn't have shown a 2nd yellow if he'd known.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Graham Smyth (Yorkshire Evening Post) suggesting the ref didn't realize it was a 2nd yellow until after he flashed the yellow card. And that maybe he wouldn't have shown a 2nd yellow if he'd known.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Definitely looks like a word in his ear (either from VAR or the Villa w**ker)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:43 pm Not sure why it stinks to call Luis out for what he did. It was a big error, no question. And now we don’t have him for a few games. A big loss. If we were attempting to slow the free kick down then maybe use a player not on a yellow. It was so obvious first half someone was going to walk.
If you go back over the match day comments, I said to Mr Swan before half time, there will not be 22 players left on the pitch come 90 mins. We were awfully out of control for most of the game. Really bad discipline. Jesse needs to sort it out....not sure he's the right guy for us, said so when he was appointed. Too much aggression.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:13 pm I won't call him stupid, but to do what he did for the second yellow was a stupid thing to do. There is a difference.....
It was in the moment thing, I have zero problem with it. Bamford starts next time out though with Rodrigo to the right or if Marsch is imaginative then Gnonto starts
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

I think Sinny (still can't find a decent moniker for him) reacts instinctively when Aaronson attempts the first block on the FC.

What I will say is that up to that point in the second half we had full possession for two minutes and did nothing until we finally crossed the halfway line and gave away the FC.

You could feel the tension in the crowd increase ramp up.
Dont rule out the affect that has on the team and our young creative players to just want to get on with the game.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa