The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 4th August) - Mateusz Klich's future at Leeds is in doubt

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 4th August) - Mateusz Klich's future at Leeds is in doubt

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Thursday 4th August, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Mateusz Klich's future at Leeds is in doubt

Mateusz Klich's future at Leeds is in doubt, after Polish media outlet 'Meczyki' revealed that the veteran midfielder wants to quit Elland Road, in search of first team football. Klich has had limited opportunities to impress Jesse Marsh, and with the arrival of Brenden Aaronson, Marc Roca and Tyler Adams, it is feared he has fallen further down the pecking order.

Klich has only been in Jesse Marsch's starting line up once, since taking over from Marcelo Bielsa at the end of February, and with the World Cup just three months away, is desperate to impress. Further media reports are suggesting that Dutch outfit FC Utrecht are pushing for a loan move, which, if they are willing to pay his salary, may be the best option for all parties.

Leeds have certainly got their money's worth out of Klich. He joined in the Summer of 2017 from FC Twenty for £1.5m. He's made 163 appearances, scoring 21 times. He is the third-longest current player at Elland Road, behind Liam Cooper (2017), and Stuart Dallas (2015). During his recent post match press conference (v Cagliari), Marsch was quizzed on Klich's future. His reply certainly wouldn't have installed much confidence in the 32 year old...

I don't know yet. Listen, I really like Mateusz and his mentality has been great. He understandably really wants to go to the World Cup, which, you know, all of our guys are trying to figure out how it all fits and it's an important four or five months for a lot of players. "But I like having Mateusz here. He's a great guy, and he's put a lot into this. So we'll see what happens.

Marsch 2nd favourite for the chop

With 48 hours to go until the Premier League kicks off, the daggers are already out, and aimed firmly in the back of Jesse Marsch. Leading Bookmakers, SkyBet are offering odds of just 5/1 that the American will be the first Managerial casualty of the season, just behind Everton boss Frank Lampard.

Whilst the Whites have splashed out just under £100m so far this Summer, their two most influential players have left Elland Road in search of Champions League football. It is feared their departure could have catastrophic consequences for the squad, and should Leeds season start poorly, the pressure could prove too much for the American!

The Sack Race odds

Frank Lampard 7/2
Jesse Marsch 5/1
Brendan Rodgers 7/1
Ralph Hasenhüttl 7/1
Scott Parker 8/1
Marco Silva 9/1
Bruno Lage 12/1
Thomas Tuchel 12/1
Antonio Conte 18/1
Eddie Howe 18/1

New keeper takes priority after injury to Klaesson

Elland Road journalist Beren Cross has intimated that the next player arriving at Elland Road will be a goal-keeper, which is expected to be finalised next week. The move comes after it was revealed that Kristoffer Klaesson sustained an injury at the weekend which will keep him sidelined for a sustained period. It has been suggested that Leeds may try and sign veteran shot stopper Ben Foster. The 39 year old was recently released by Watford, following their relegation from the top flight.

Cross's news will come as a blow to many Leeds fans, who were hoping that a striker, and a left-back may be joining before the weekend. In truth, it seems that whilst Leeds may be linked to a host of targets, none are at an advanced stage of negotiations. According to Cross...

Illan Meslier remains the undisputed number one at Elland Road, while Kristoffer Klaesson impressed in his one appearance at Molineux last term, but he picked up an issue behind closed doors on Saturday. That problem has escalated the move for a second-choice stopper and one could arrive at Leeds next week. It remains to be seen what Leeds do in attack and at left-back. Deadline day is four weeks away and with so many moving parts in the transfer window, a lot can still change.

"The money is there for a forward to be signed before the window closes, but as was the case with De Ketelaere, any target would need to tick a lot of boxes and Leeds are prepared to wait. No left-back has been credibly linked with the Whites thus far and it remains to be seen what progress the club have made in that department.

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 4th August) Klich wants to quit ER

Post by 1964white »

I think Klich would have to move abroad to attain first-team football.

Mateusz hasn't the legs of our new midfielders, the PL is a much quicker game than say Spain, Denmark, Sweden, Poland, etc.

I posted only last week that Klich's days at Leeds were numbered.

Mateusz has been a great servant for Leeds & I wish him all the best in the future!
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

£1.5m - I think we can safely say that thanks to Bert we've definitely had our monies worth out of Klich and i'll gladly note him in the success column for the Clown, i always thought there was a player in there myself and soooooooo glad Bert brought it out when other previous managers hadn't a clue how to.

Keeping crisis - that reminds me, where's Kiko the clown atm ?

Marsch sacking - I ope he's not, but if he gonna get the sack it needs to be sharpish, coz i feel this dick job will only get worse not better, i haven't a fcking scoobie who we go to for help (well i do actually) coz we're 'all in' on our American dream.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:27 am £1.5m - I think we can safely say that thanks to Bert we've definitely had our monies worth out of Klich and i'll gladly note him in the success column for the Clown, i always thought there was a player in there myself and soooooooo glad Bert brought it out when other previous managers hadn't a clue how to.

Keeping crisis - that reminds me, where's Kiko the clown atm ?

Marsch sacking - I ope he's not, but if he gonna get the sack it needs to be sharpish, coz i feel this dick job will only get worse not better, i haven't a fcking scoobie who we go to for help (well i do actually) coz we're 'all in' on our American dream.
Kiko terminated
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see Klich go and if that were the case I think all Leeds fans would want to thank him for his stalwart service and wish him all the best for the future.

Let’s see where Marsch stands in the betting in a couple of months.

Due to Klaesson’s injury (we must sustain more injuries than any other team in the world!) a new temporary back up keeper is now definitely required and Foster at 39 will be as experienced, reliable and, dare I say cheap, as any of them.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Morning EB et all

Klich going will be another sad day but I think its inevitable he needs first team games to keep him in the Polish squad and he isn't going to get much here so from me it's all the best and hope things go well for you, you'll always have a place here nasz przyjaciel (Our Friend)

WTF please lets not start this season with loads of injuries - yes get a tried and tested keeper in asap but also a striker and left back I'm sure Orta could get a 3 for 2 package out of PSG, Barc or Red Bull.

Sack Race I was always pretty good at that at school but I'm not sure I'd be much good at it now so don't put my name down, thinking Fwank hasn't long since finished playing so he'd be my bet to win it ;-)
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 4th August) - Mateusz Klich's future at Leeds is in doubt

Post by WhiteRose »

Given our luck with injuries we will probably have 2 go off on Saturday which could immediately give klich a route back in to the starting lineup - daft to let him go as he would be decent backup if used in the correct position.

Any pre season predictions are nonsense really purely based off a season that was done and dusted months ago - first few games should give a better idea.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 4th August) - Mateusz Klich's future at Leeds is in doubt

Post by Jaydog »

The Marsch price is ridiculous at this stage. A mugs bet. Parker, Lage or Hasenhuttl should be ahead of him in the betting. Fwank could be the one though. Fancy him to cop a strop and walk
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:58 am The Marsch price is ridiculous at this stage. A mugs bet. Parker, Lage or Hasenhuttl should be ahead of him in the betting. Fwank could be the one though. Fancy him to cop a strop and walk
I think the owners have shown they are not hatchet men and they will give Marsch time as long as he shows a willingness to change things up if it’s not working.

Hopefully Everton start terribly and defeat at Elland road sees lampard sacked
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

I think Everton play Notts Forest 3rd game after Chelsea, defeat v Forest and me thinks he's a goner.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Klich has been a great servant and it will weaken us if he leaves but he would go with my best wishes.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:47 am Klich has been a great servant and it will weaken us if he leaves but he would go with my best wishes.
I don't think Klich leaving will weaken us, Ian

He is nowhere near as effective as he was in his first three years at Leeds. The PL is demanding & sadly poor old Klich hasn't got the legs or as many goals/assists in him any more.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

1964white wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:58 pm I don't think Klich leaving will weaken us, Ian

He is nowhere near as effective as he was in his first three years at Leeds. The PL is demanding & sadly poor old Klich hasn't got the legs or as many goals/assists in him any more.
I reckon he is a great option off the bench Leon. We need a bit of experience in the dressing room too.
And finally if he leaves I reckon we need to find another midfielder in January at the latest
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:18 pm I reckon he is a great option off the bench Leon. We need a bit of experience in the dressing room too.
And finally if he leaves I reckon we need to find another midfielder in January at the latest
Another midfielder, maybe on his way to Leeds, Jesse does like them.
onemoreslogan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by onemoreslogan »

Poor Klichy. Football can be a cold, cruel business. Love the man and hope he makes Qatar. May he forever be scoring goals.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:41 pm
One a bl**dy Londoner (maybe not, he sounds like one) the other a Brummie, both average footballers, what have they ever won?

What do these two imbeciles know? They can't even speak the English language properly :shock: