General Chat

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: General Chat

Post by Sara »

faaip wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:42 amCountry?
Both kinds.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Madron wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:52 am Have blackcurrants on mine. I grow enough blackcurrants to last the year,, Microwave for 30s with a bit of sugar and mix in porridge. Good dose of vit .C . Lovely.
Delicious mix, Madron :tup:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Madron wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:47 amThis one (GB)
Then no idea, sounds like a surcharge for something
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SaraM wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:52 amBoth kinds.
Whoosh
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Jaydog wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:45 pm You know the Royle Family line Sara?
“Hey Twiggy do you want a Snowball”
“Na I hate all that shite Barb”
“How about an Advocaat & lemonade”
“Go on then”
The Royle Family was a fantastic sitcom, written by Caroline Aherne, Craig Cash and Phil Mealey. Does anyone remember Early Doors, another fabulous sitcom written by Cash and Mealey? I’m going to have to say it, I’m sorry, but 20 years on, they just don’t make comedy programs as good as that anymore.
Rook
First Team
First Team

Post by Rook »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:37 am The Royle Family was a fantastic sitcom, written by Caroline Aherne, Craig Cash and Phil Mealey. Does anyone remember Early Doors, another fabulous sitcom written by Cash and Mealey? I’m going to have to say it, I’m sorry, but 20 years on, they just don’t make comedy programs as good as that anymore.

Early doors was superb.
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:37 am The Royle Family was a fantastic sitcom, written by Caroline Aherne, Craig Cash and Phil Mealey. Does anyone remember Early Doors, another fabulous sitcom written by Cash and Mealey? I’m going to have to say it, I’m sorry, but 20 years on, they just don’t make comedy programs as good as that anymore.
👍🏼Caroline Aherne was a brilliant writer. The Royle Family was Incredibly funny and beautifully observed. If people haven’t seen The Royle Family they should watch the Xmas specials.
Sad that she died so young.
Loved Early Doors. Crime won’t crack itself. Quality
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Jaydog wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:28 am 👍🏼Caroline Aherne was a brilliant writer. The Royle Family was Incredibly funny and beautifully observed. If people haven’t seen The Royle Family they should watch the Xmas specials.
Sad that she died so young.
Loved Early Doors. Crime won’t crack itself. Quality
“Crime won’t crack itself” - quality indeed, makes me chuckle just reading it!
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

I agree... but the in-laws at the time didn't get it. They preferred Mrs Bucket. I knew i was destined to fall short. And fall short i did at the time.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

I see i'm gonna live forever has died.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:42 pm I see i'm gonna live forever has died.
Who?
Cliff Richard
Got it. Irene Cara
Last edited by Jaydog on Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Leeds1000 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:27 pm I agree... but the in-laws at the time didn't get it. They preferred Mrs Bucket. I knew i was destined to fall short. And fall short i did at the time.
It was cringe watching it with my mum & dad. They didn’t get it either. They thought it was coarse & disgusting at times but it was very nuanced & well observed
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:45 pm It was cringe watching it with my mum & dad. They didn’t get it either. They thought it was coarse & disgusting at times but it was very nuanced & well observed
A mate of mine used to live in Milton Keynes at the time of the first Royal Family and i remember him saying 'the southerners just don't seem to get it'
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:57 pm A mate of mine used to live in Milton Keynes at the time of the first Royal Family and i remember him saying 'the southerners just don't seem to get it'
I’m a southerner and totally got it. Also Mrs Merton was brilliant and original at the time. With Paul Daniels Mrs “what first attracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels”
Also her piss take out of Ant & Dec was superb.
But funniest was Richard Wilson (One Foot in the Grave). Just didn’t get it and got very angry. Btw on that prog also Bernard Manning. She ripped the s**t out of him
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Petition to stop Katie Price owning animals I see is going

https://www.change.org/p/rspca-ban-kati ... re-animals

She has had so many die, it's wrong.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Cjay wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:23 pm Petition to stop Katie Price owning animals I see is going

https://www.change.org/p/rspca-ban-kati ... re-animals

She has had so many die, it's wrong.
Too many people have pets they don’t really want. Don’t realise the effort involved. I loved my boy like he was a human. Actually he was far better than that.
It’s a really sad thing but there’s nothing you can do about it. A petition won’t change anything but a frontal lobotomy might. Does she have a brain.
She exploited her sons condition to make money though didn’t she
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

I was hoping the next 'news' article about her would be about some part of her body dropping off whilst showering or summert.

Preferably the lips.

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Anyone recommend any good binge watch ?

;@)
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:40 pm Anyone recommend any good binge watch ?
Box sets we've binged since lockdown:

Sherlock Holmes (Jeremy Brett)
MASH
Morse/ Lewis/ Endeavor
Shaka Zulu
Reggie Perrin/ Black Books/ Comic Strip
X-Files (just started)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

SaraM wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:45 pm Box sets we've binged since lockdown:

Sherlock Holmes (Jeremy Brett)
MASH
Morse/ Lewis/ Endeavor
Shaka Zulu
Reggie Perrin/ Black Books/ Comic Strip
X-Files (just started)
I usually like my true crime stuff i.e Making of a murderer, The Staircase and a good few others i've watched on Netflix, documentaries are my favourite.

But a good tv series fills time when abroad, i'm still saving Games of Thrones, i enjoy stuff like 24 hrs in Police Custody, line of Duty.

Thanks, you say watched, i presume you enjoyed all them stated and aren't planning to get me to watch some shite...as in : " Hey Sara that Shaka Zulu you mentioned, it was utter garbage "....... " Yeah we thought that too "

;@)