Qatar World Cup 2022. Argentina v France

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Qatar World Cup 2022. England v Senegal

Post by Kennyb41 »

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/football/wo ... -11326171/

Take a look at the France team, what have they got after the front 4, but unless GS goes at them, i will 100% guarantee DD will get the better of him and make our talent look talentless, he's got to stop them being able to play and get the ball to those dangerous players, and the only way to do that is to push up and go at them putting them on the back foot, yes the danger is they'll hit us on the break, but so fcking what, if we let them come at us anyway our defence will crumble, that's a given.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Musicman1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Musicman1965 »

England were worthy winners overall, our defence was a bit shaky at times with Maguire looking like a statue compared to the pace of the Senegal forwards. I had to laugh at Rio Ferdinand comments on Maquire and how he has coped with the playing for England while struggling for form at Manure. We have to look at the games played and in context the sides, with the exception of U.S.A its has been championship level or league 1 at best. Maybe Rio is seeing something that I am missing...
The test for England starts now, France are a different type of team that has pace and some quality players. Against Poland the French had major lapses in concentration which gifted Poland chances that they never converted. England v France is going to be a good game, our weak link is Maguire , said it from day 1 that he looks slow and not aware of whats going on around him. Lets see what happens on Saturday....
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Musicman1965 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:50 am England were worthy winners overall, our defence was a bit shaky at times with Maguire looking like a statue compared to the pace of the Senegal forwards. I had to laugh at Rio Ferdinand comments on Maquire and how he has coped with the playing for England while struggling for form at Manure. We have to look at the games played and in context the sides, with the exception of U.S.A its has been championship level or league 1 at best. Maybe Rio is seeing something that I am missing...
The test for England starts now, France are a different type of team that has pace and some quality players. Against Poland the French had major lapses in concentration which gifted Poland chances that they never converted. England v France is going to be a good game, our weak link is Maguire , said it from day 1 that he looks slow and not aware of whats going on around him. Lets see what happens on Saturday....
I'm sure the defence will got to a back 5 against France, with Walker as part of the central 3. THat will allow us to put Walker on Mbappe.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Qatar World Cup 2022. Japan v Croatia. 3pm

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Come on Japan.

Bit disappointed so far that we have 4 out 4 european teams. Lots of surprises in group stage but none in knockout. Would Japan be a surprise against Croatia? Not necessarily. But would rather see the Croats out.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Fantastic header

1-1
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Good Morning! Been under the weather for the last 36 hours or so. Slept in a bit this morning. Tuned in just in time to see the Perisic goal. Fantastic ball in....

Congratulations to all the England supporters for a nice win over Senegal yesterday. England were not always the better side in that match. But they were absolutely ruthless in taking their chances. Good luck the rest of the tournament.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

Croatia have been buying fouls all game and the ref has been taken in
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

The Referee in this match is Ismail Elfath. He is employed by the Professional Referee Organization (PRO) in the United States. He regularly referees MLS and CONCACAF matches.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

Japanese pants at penalties
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

VinnysTattoo wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:42 pm Japanese pants at penalties
Woeful.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:57 pm Come on Japan.

Bit disappointed so far that we have 4 out 4 european teams. Lots of surprises in group stage but none in knockout. Would Japan be a surprise against Croatia? Not necessarily. But would rather see the Croats out.
Have Argentina moved ?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

I like the blast it down the middle one if your nervous. Keeper most likely dives. Those on the ground weak ones are easy meat for most good keepers
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Jermaine Jenas may be the worst commentator ever.

Oozes arrogance (despite a bang average career).

And clearly does no research.

Waxing lyrical about how well Minamino did when playing in Germany . . . . . Minamino never played for a German club.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:14 pm Jermaine Jenas may be the worst commentator ever.

Oozes arrogance (despite a bang average career).

And clearly does no research.

Waxing lyrical about how well Minamino did when playing in Germany . . . . . Minamino never played for a German club.
BBC's golden boy ---- a first class irritating tit.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:08 pm Have Argentina moved ?
You’d need a big van to move Argentina
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:44 pm Good Morning! Been under the weather for the last 36 hours or so. Slept in a bit this morning. Tuned in just in time to see the Perisic goal. Fantastic ball in....

Congratulations to all the England supporters for a nice win over Senegal yesterday. England were not always the better side in that match. But they were absolutely ruthless in taking their chances. Good luck the rest of the tournament.
Japan and the Croat dickhead writing a book on how not to take a penalty, i'd shoot them at dawn if i were manager.

Thankyou Paul, right back to England and another expert tip from yours truly on how to neutralise the main threat of Mbappe, if our current prick in charge has any sense he will know this guy is on fire and along with Giroud their main threat ( sorry Griezman)

So, we have Walker, Trippier and Arnold available, all excellent going forward for their clubs, so you start with Walker and tell him to bust a gut coz if he's knackered after 50mins he's coming off for Trippier, you want him bombing forward at every single opportunity he can so Mbappe has to back track him, if he doesn't Walker should've oodles of space to supply crosses and support the attacking play, if play breaks down, he's then got to bust a gut to get back, sprinting like fck, yes he'll be knackered and won't be able to do this for 90 mins, but 45 - 50 mins he should piss it.

Then Mbappe himself if he's tracking back wouldn't be as effective or indeed goosed himself.

You then introduce Trippier and tell him to do the same for the rest of the game, you also then have the option of Arnold for the last 10-15 mins to absolutely bomb forward, we might be winning, losing or drawing but this is good for any situation unless we've already had a load of injuries.

You could also try this on the left with Trippier and A N Other.

And the whole world and his brother should've sat up and noticed how shite we were for 30 mins last night and realised that is NOT the way to play Gareth (ya numptie) and how many lessons do you need to learn that from it, you gormless git.

DO NOT MAKE ME SMASH MY TELE GARETH I AM NOT A ROCKSTAR.

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:21 pm You’d need a big van to move Argentina
Tell me about it. :love:

;@)
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:21 pm You’d need a big van to move Argentina
Wouldn’t they do it by levitation ?
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Qatar World Cup 2022. Brazil v South Korea

Post by Kennyb41 »

Hey, at times last night i noticed the positions of our 6 in front of the back 4, and we definitely looked like a 4-1-4-1 outfit with Rice in the KP role.

Now i'd love that to have been planned and was actually the case, but with our prick? I think it was more that it happened by chance at that particular moment of play.

I would love to be wrong, and that he now has that in his locker.

;@)
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

1964white wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:19 pm BBC's golden boy ---- a first class irritating tit.
More like thrush mate :tup:
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods