The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 23rd November) - Could the end of Mateusz Klich's time at Elland Road be in sight?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 23rd November) - Could the end of Mateusz Klich's time at Elland Road be in sight?

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Wednesday 23rd November, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Could the end of Mateusz Klich's time at Elland Road be in sight?

Mateusz Klich is set to quit Elland Road in January following an alleged falling out with Jesse Marsch. Already upset with the lack of first team opportunities, the 32 year old was then dropped by the Polish National team; and it is believed he holds the American responsible. Klich may not have been fit for International duty anyway, after picking up a knock in the 1-0 League Cup defeat at Molyneux, that also kept him sidelined from the 4-3 loss at Spurs.

With 174 appearances to his name, Klich became a stalwart figure under Bielsa's tenure. He bossed the midfield week in, week out, until finally, his body gave out towards the end of the 20/21 season. By his own admission he was suffering from burnout, from which he has never truly recovered (if we are honest with ourselves).

He limped through the 21/22 campaign, looking a shadow of his former self. His pace had all but deserted him, his goals dried up, and was always second-best picking up loose balls. The statistics from the Wolves match tells it all - during the entire game, he didn't win a single duel.

Underestimate Tyler Adams at your peril

Former England and Arsenal star Martin Keown has warned England, 'Underestimate Tyler Adams at your peril'. The football pundit was talking ahead of Friday's clash between England and the USA, with Tyler Adams and Brenden Arronson, both expecting to feature against the three Lions. Keown believes that the trio of Arronson, Adams and Pulisic could cause England problems, as both sides look to progress to the knock-out stage.

The attacking midfielder (Adams) is living up to the hype after a bright start to his Premier League career at Leeds and will be the main support act for Pulisic. Underestimate him at your peril. You are guaranteed 100mph football from the USA. It's all action and energy and England's defenders should expect a high-pressing game.

Aaronson covers great distances, as does his Leeds team-mate Tyler Adams, hence why Jesse Marsch signed them both in the summer. An ever-growing nation for football and with Pulisic probably their most gifted player, this hard-working group will give anyone a difficult game.

OneLove Hypocrisy

The English and Welsh FA should be ashamed of themselves, after ordering their respective Captains not to wear the 'OneLove Armband', as it could result in a booking. Having had prejudice and discrimination issues rammed down our throats, at every opportunity over the last couple of years, it's unfathomable to believe that the risk of a yellow card would see a 180 degree U-turn in the principles of the FA bigwigs.

Clitheroe White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 23rd November) Klich wants out

Post by Clitheroe White »

Klich has been an excellent player for Leeds. If he still wants regular first team football then under Jessie, he will need to find that elsewhere. If he leaves I will be sad to see him go. Deserves a good send off if he leaves.

The FA (and other FA's) - bottled it! They should have sent the entire team out in one love armbands. What a crazy world we live in when a nation is frightened of rainbow clothing.

If (Big IF) we make to the final then the entire team should wear rainbow socks too! Would be even better if both sides in the final agreed to this.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

The thing that gets me, is that over the last few years the FA have been really rammed the discrimination thing down our throats, yet the slightest consequence on wearing the 'OneLove' armband has them running for the hills.

It's a booking, so what! It just shows the shallowness and hypocrisy at the FA.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

With regard to the One Love armband it was a question of 'damned if you do, damned if you don't'.
Harry Kane would have been booked which, if he picked up further bookings could have resulted in a ban later in the tournament.
There would have been hell to pay from a lot of fans criticising the FA saying they should have stopped him wearing it.
These are not my views but I guarantee, it would have happened.
And remember, a lot of countries did a U turn, not just England.

Mateusz Klich's time at Leeds appears to be coming to an end. Sad but inevitable I feel, given his age and lack of playing time.
He's been replaced in the team by younger, fitter players which happens everywhere, it's the nature of the game.
The first two seasons he had with us after his loan spell in Holland, he was excellent. He totally ran our midfield.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Tighthead
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Tighthead »

Good luck Mateusz, thanks for all your efforts.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Get rid of Klich and Forshaw, and replace them with Greenwood and hopefully Weston Kennie, and thats our entire midfield sorted out
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:26 am With regard to the One Love armband it was a question of 'damned if you do, damned if you don't'.
Harry Kane would have been booked which, if he picked up further bookings could have resulted in a ban later in the tournament.
There would have been hell to pay from a lot of fans criticising the FA saying they should have stopped him wearing it.
These are not my views but I guarantee, it would have happened.
And remember, a lot of countries did a U turn, not just England.

Mateusz Klich's time at Leeds appears to be coming to an end. Sad but inevitable I feel, given his age and lack of playing time.
He's been replaced in the team by younger, fitter players which happens everywhere, it's the nature of the game.
The first two seasons he had with us after his loan spell in Holland, he was excellent. He totally ran our midfield.
Spot on about the armband & Klich, Chilli :tup:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Ahh Tyler is an attacking midfielder ...no wonder we concede a lot of goals...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Morning all.
Klich has been a great servant but it was time to go last season imo, his performance at wolves was absolute dreadful, yes, he was out of position, but, he was awful all night, ran ragged by younger, hungrier players, says it all, time to go, same as a few more, no room for sentiments I'm afraid.
FA, well, what do you say about that spineless lot !!
TA, getting plaudits, nothing new, great addition to our squad, tell any would be suitor to do one, he's a United player, he's staying put, infact, we are adding to the team..........................hopefully.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Thank you Klichy for years of sterling service at Leeds United. If you feel you need to leave and get more game time elsewhere then I wish you well, but don’t be falling out over it. If Marsch doesn’t think you’re up to it then either stay and strive to prove him wrong or just leave gracefully, it would be a great shame to tarnish your hitherto unblemished reputation with the fans and the club.

England, just get on with playing and trying to win football matches please!
You can leave all the vacuous posturing and goody-goody, holier-than-thou gesturing to that unbearably smug hypocrite Lineker and the other numpties at the BBC.

Adams had a great game against Wales as we’ve come to expect, Aaronson not quite at his best. But I think England will need to take care of Pulisic as much as anyone, he could be a real danger.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:52 am Having had prejudice and discrimination issues rammed down our throats, at every opportunity over the last couple of years...
To be fair, we've had irrelevant nonsense about politics and nationalism and flag wearing and anthem singing rammed down our throats at matches for a lot longer. I don't feel that taking a knee or wearing an armband about issues relevant to today and the country where the WC is being played really amounted to much, it was a token gesture. It is amazing how spineless and craven FIFA, England, Wales and others have been, in marked contrast with the heroism of Iran players who may face very serious and violent consequences for refusing to sing their own anthem to protest about women's rights.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Mountain wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:16 am To be fair, we've had irrelevant nonsense about politics and nationalism and flag wearing and anthem singing rammed down our throats at matches for a lot longer. I don't feel that taking a knee or wearing an armband about issues relevant to today and the country where the WC is being played really amounted to much, it was a token gesture. It is amazing how spineless and craven FIFA, England, Wales and others have been, in marked contrast with the heroism of Iran players who may face very serious and violent consequences for refusing to sing their own anthem to protest about women's rights.
:clap: :clap:
Different worlds, different regimes, spoilt brats over here.
If some of our lot had ever been over to that area of the world they would definately have a different view. :tup:
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Mildlyanarchic
Ballboy
Ballboy

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 23rd November) - Could the end of Mateusz Klich's time at Elland Road be in si

Post by Mildlyanarchic »

I am becoming weary and irritable with Marching on Together with its predictably contentious content that is repetitive and undermines our team and individuals like Mateusz Klich who should not be kicked when he is down. If Marc Roca ever reaches the required level then Klich at 32 is dispensable. Klich is a player who needs regular games to reach first team standard so judging him on one performance after weeks of inactivity is ridiculous to anyone with an understanding of how form and fitness need to be built up.
Musicman1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 23rd November) - Could the end of Mateusz Klich's time at Elland Road be in si

Post by Musicman1965 »

If you play football in a country that has different values or rules, whether you agree of not you play football and stop all this armband nonsense. There is a correct stage for making protests and this should have been done by F.I.F.A. To include Qatar as a possible venue to host the world cup must have brought multiple questions and these were dismissed by F.I.F.A. Players are there to represent their country and play football and thats all.

Mateusz Klich - thanks for your dedication and service to Leeds United - All the best....
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Mildlyanarchic wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:42 am I am becoming weary and irritable with Marching on Together with its predictably contentious content that is repetitive and undermines our team and individuals like Mateusz Klich who should not be kicked when he is down. If Marc Roca ever reaches the required level then Klich at 32 is dispensable. Klich is a player who needs regular games to reach first team standard so judging him on one performance after weeks of inactivity is ridiculous to anyone with an understanding of how form and fitness need to be built up.
Mildlyanarchic, it's all about opinion. There's no wrong or right. If everybody thought the same, boards like this wouldn't exist. In my honest opinion, I don't think Klich has ever recovered from burnout. He's been a fantastic servant to the club, but again, imo he is very much past his best.
Musicman1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Musicman1965 »

Mildlyanarchic wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:42 am I am becoming weary and irritable with Marching on Together with its predictably contentious content that is repetitive and undermines our team and individuals like Mateusz Klich who should not be kicked when he is down. If Marc Roca ever reaches the required level then Klich at 32 is dispensable. Klich is a player who needs regular games to reach first team standard so judging him on one performance after weeks of inactivity is ridiculous to anyone with an understanding of how form and fitness need to be built up.
Midfield is a demanding position to play and Mateusz Klich has done a good job for over 200 games and at 32 years he knows that playing on a regular basis will be limited. Fact of getting older unfortunately......
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Musicman1965 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:25 pm If you play football in a country that has different values or rules, whether you agree of not you play football and stop all this armband nonsense. There is a correct stage for making protests and this should have been done by F.I.F.A. To include Qatar as a possible venue to host the world cup must have brought multiple questions and these were dismissed by F.I.F.A. Players are there to represent their country and play football and thats all.

Absolutely.
Everyone knew about Qatar's rules regarding gay rights when they were given the World Cup.
If the likes of England, Germany Spain, France, Brazil and Argentina had said they refused to take part in qualifying at that time, it would have been a different story. FIFA would have s**t themselves.
Absolutely pointless bleating about it now, they all went there knowing there was a problem with gay rights, what did they expect?
As for the migrant worker issue - it was exactly the same before South Africa 2010. Nothing has changed.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Mildlyanarchic wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:42 am If Marc Roca ever reaches the required level then Klich at 32 is dispensable. Klich is a player who needs regular games to reach first team standard so judging him on one performance after weeks of inactivity is ridiculous to anyone with an understanding of how form and fitness need to be built up.
There you go Mildly, I’ve fixed your post for you. That is what you meant to post I’m sure, the rest being unnecessary and superfluous. The fact that you are becoming “weary and irritable” is of no interest to anybody on this forum.

“The breakfast debate” by definition is meant to be contentious, each poster has their opinions on any given subject and has a right to express them here. If you’re not keen on reading anything that doesn’t fit with your own point of view then just don’t take part. And, btw, if you think “the breakfast debate” or any other discussion on this forum has the remotest influence, let alone the ability to “undermine” the workings of Leeds United, then you’re living in cloud cuckoo land my friend.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:08 pm There you go Mildly, I’ve fixed your post for you. That is what you meant to post I’m sure, the rest being unnecessary and superfluous. The fact that you are becoming “weary and irritable” is of no interest to anybody on this forum.

“The breakfast debate” by definition is meant to be contentious, each poster has their opinions on any given subject and has a right to express them here. If you’re not keen on reading anything that doesn’t fit with your own point of view then just don’t take part. And, btw, if you think “the breakfast debate” or any other discussion on this forum has the remotest influence, let alone the ability to “undermine” the workings of Leeds United, then you’re living in cloud cuckoo land my friend.
That's the second time Mildly has been unhappy with MOT's opinions in his two posts over the last couple of weeks.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

I have no issue with the debate being contentious and EB does well to make the effort to post up.

That said he has posted erroneous information at times which isnt on imo.

Phil Hay would laugh his leg off at some of the ways he has been misquoted on here.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa