Maximilian Wöber-Gone

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Maximilian Wöber- THOUGHTS ON PERFORMANCE VS BRENTFORD?

Post by Kennyb41 »

For a first game one thing i will say is, he didn't catch my eye for any fck ups, above average game 7.5/10

Still way too early for owt else.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Maximilian Wöber- DONE DEAL

Post by weasel »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:38 pm It's amazing how people alter facts to fit a narrative.

And the narrative that the defensive issue have been caused solely by Jesse's system are not looking so convincing now. Probably we just needed the right CBs who are up to PL standard....
Nah man you're right man defence sorted now man. 33 conceded in the last 16 man but sorted now cos we kept a clean sheet. F*ck it man give Jesse a longer contract me well buzzing now forget the 8 goals conceded in the 4 matches before Brentford, that was just like crazy sh*t cos they woz all slipping over like. Nah man we're sorted now.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Is that a Geordie impression, Weasel?
Haway the lads
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:38 pm It's amazing how people alter facts to fit a narrative.

And the narrative that the defensive issue have been caused solely by Jesse's system are not looking so convincing now. Probably we just needed the right CBs who are up to PL standard....
But the fact is only Bournemouth and Everton have fewer shots per game than Brentford.

Limiting them isn't that hard, they don't create much

We did manage to give them only 1 chance that I remember and that was down to Marsch.

Was when Rico Henry was left the entire left side to run into but his cut back was intercepted
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:56 pm Is that a Geordie impression, Weasel?
Haway the lads
Manc ya daft barmpot.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:10 pm Has to start with Koch in the centre of our defence. Firpo at LB for me, we didn't need a defensive LB against Brentford and we lost so much down the left without an attacking full back there..

Kristensen/Koch/Wober/Firpo for me is the back line with Rasmus making up the extra CB when needed...
So you would disrupt the back four, making two changes after a couple of clean sheets in the last three weeks which featured Ayling, Koch, Struijk with Wober making the four yesterday?
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

weasel wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:45 pm Manc ya daft barmpot.
Yeah silly me. It was bloody obvious really

Not
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

I genuinely hope you're right, but on the back of one game where the opposition came and showed little attacking intent? Come on, man, that's a stretch
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Had a good game.
However too early to establish he is indeed the messiah.
Or a naughty boy for that mattter.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:29 pm Clinical

They aren't prolific chance creators
One would argue you don't need to create loads of chances if you're clinical.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:16 pm But the fact is only Bournemouth and Everton have fewer shots per game than Brentford.

We did manage to give them only 1 chance that I remember and that was down to Marsch.

Was when Rico Henry was left the entire left side to run into but his cut back was intercepted
What position was he playing ? :dun:
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

velo wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:05 pm What position was he playing ? :dun:
His whole philosophy has the team crowding one side of the pitch leaving one side totally empty.

Brentford got down that empty side.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Chilli D wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:47 pm One would argue you don't need to create loads of chances if you're clinical.
Very true.
Signed

King Cjay

CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:16 pm But the fact is only Bournemouth and Everton have fewer shots per game than Brentford.

We haven't conceded a goal with Wober on the pitch yet...Let's see what happens.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:11 pm So you would disrupt the back four, making two changes after a couple of clean sheets in the last three weeks which featured Ayling, Koch, Struijk with Wober making the four yesterday?
For our best back 4 yes. Brentford just sat back and let us play, Cardiff were better going forward
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:20 pm We haven't conceded a goal with Wober on the pitch yet...Let's see what happens.
True and it gives hope but if you abandoned 1 side of the pitch as we do you are going to concede chances.
Signed

King Cjay

CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

lufc1304 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:29 pm I genuinely hope you're right, but on the back of one game where the opposition came and showed little attacking intent? Come on, man, that's a stretch
Except we haven't conceded a goal yet with Wober on the pitch have we ? He did play against Cardiff before going off.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:07 pm Except we haven't conceded a goal yet with Wober on the pitch have we ?
I've not had any cats s**tting in my garden since I started eating porridge in the morning.

Might just be a coincidence, might be down to the cold weathers and cats staying in their own homes - only time will tell.

Will keep everyone updated.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

weasel wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:27 pm I've not had any cats s**tting in my garden since I started eating porridge in the morning.

Might just be a coincidence, might be down to the cold weathers and cats staying in their own homes - only time will tell.

Will keep everyone updated.
That’s better than you s**tting in the garden and next doors pussy eating your porridge.
2 words that shouldn’t be in the same sentence.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:07 pm Except we haven't conceded a goal yet with Wober on the pitch have we ? He did play against Cardiff before going off.
Granted, but that is still a very small sample size to base your suggestion on. A dreadful Cardiff side and a team that came for a point. Like I said, I hope you're right and Wober is going to make a difference, but a couple of swallows don't make a summer. Let's revisit this in half a dozen games' time and see where we are.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson