Maximilian Wöber-Gone

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Re: Maximilian Wöber

Post by lufc1304 »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:27 am Thought he was brilliant too. Gave him a 10 in ratings. One minor gripe. He did play us into trouble a couple of times from the back. But defensively great. Think we got a gem and a bargain.
This would be my only concern with Wober, more than one report suggesting his passing is poor. Hopefully something that can be worked on or mitigated against, sort of "nothing fancy, Max, just short passes to teammates" or "if in doubt, Max, welly it!"
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

This is where we need the DFM to come and take the ball off him, either that or as 1304 says "welly it"
his passing form a CH is far better than what we've had though in Cooper, Llorente or Koch, says a lot.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

mentalcase wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:57 am This is where we need the DFM to come and take the ball off him, either that or as 1304 says "welly it"
his passing form a CH is far better than what we've had though in Cooper, Llorente or Koch, says a lot.
Cooper and Llorente were both cracking at long diagonal passes, not so much short passing. Trouble with the formation this season is that it didn't really give them the opportunity to do those passes with us not stretching the play.

Wober hasn't convinced me yet. I think at present it is a case of him being better than what we had rather than being top class. The loose passes could easily have cost us a goal, if it was Cooper or Llorente giving the ball away like that they would have been pelted by the fans. Also not convinced on his reading of the game, for Rashford's goal he wasn't really doing anything, he could have either helped to prevent the cross or doubled up on Rashford, instead he was is a position to simply have a good view as the goal went in.

That's maybe me just being overly harsh and hopefully in a few more matches I will be more convinced by him.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

MW out with UCL damage, just what we needed.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Jeez, i thought he was holding his shoulder.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:28 am MW out with UCL damage, just what we needed.
Back to square one with our defence then.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:32 am Jeez, i thought he was holding his shoulder.

Apologies, dislocated shoulder.
I was reading another injury concern at the same time.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:38 am Apologies, dislocated shoulder.
How did he carry on till H/T why did they not know is was dislocated at the time ffs.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:38 am Apologies, dislocated shoulder.
Probably not as bad then, hard to say as sometimes can pop it straight in and be good as new very quickly - am presuming this is what they did yesterday.

Am presuming Cooper isn't ready, why he was on the bench I have no idea if he wasn't even ready to play 45 minutes yesterday. The fact we brought Rasmus on and switched Ayling to CB also suggests where we see Montiero in the pecking order too - for me would have made more sense to have brought Montiero on and kept Ayling at right back - was Skubala bringing Rasmus on just his way of trying to keep a more senior player happy or did he not think Montiero ready to play in the prem?
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

I don't think Skoobs has a skooby doo, nor the rest of them sadly.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:38 am I don't think Skoobs has a skooby doo, nor the rest of them sadly.
Best thing I've read all day, but sadly true
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Looks like Max could be out for up to 3 weeks, just gets worse !!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The hole becomes deeper!
Prisoner37
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Prisoner37 »

Wober out for 3 weeks. We need to be planning for a return to the Championship now. A full reset is needed from top to bottom.

We are cursed!
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

And what about sinisterra? Not heard a.scooby doo about him
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

mentalcase wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:18 pm Looks like Max could be out for up to 3 weeks, just gets worse !!
Hopefully Cooper will be fit. Woul definitely rather see Cooper or Montiero come in to the defence rather than moving Ayling. Still baffles me as to why Cooper and Montiero were on the bench and not used.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Oh fck !

I hope some silly beggars don't go calling for the manager to be sacked again because some of our key players are getting injured :oops: oh jeez perish the thought.

Please give him a chance guys.

;@)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:30 am Hopefully Cooper will be fit. Woul definitely rather see Cooper or Montiero come in to the defence rather than moving Ayling. Still baffles me as to why Cooper and Montiero were on the bench and not used.
I'm amazed how all of our coaches resort to using Ayling as a CB, by carrying out this action, it weakens us in the right-back position, why make two changes when only one is required.

Also, the stats probably show, we rarely win games when Luke plays in the centre of our defence.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Max Wober vs Southampton

5 Important headed clearances.
2 Tackles.
2 Clever passes.
2 Interception.
1 Block.
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

Wober & Koch seem to be doing really well as a CB partnership, hope they stick together till season ends no injuries to either