Maximilian Wöber-Gone

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
hector

Re: Maximilian Wöber- Should he be Captain?

Post by hector »

During yesterdays match I saw him pushing Melier into position when he was standing on his line looking bemused....
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

hector wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:07 pm During yesterdays match I saw him pushing Melier into position when he was standing on his line looking bemused....
He does seem a good organiser at the back which is why I wouldn't be against him becoming captain at some point. Wouldn't be till at least the summer as he has only been here a couple of months. For me it would stay with Cooper or Ayling, if either was on the pitch but if neither of those were on the pitch then he'd probably be next in line. It doesn't seem though that he needs to be captain to be vocal and I've never been one for simply making the best player the captain. Yes some captains lead by examplebut they are going to play well regardless and they might not be the best tactically, something that seems to happen all the time at cricket, Cook, Root etc being made captain as they were the only guaranteed starters but neither really having had much captaincy experience prior to being made captain of their country,
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Maximilian Wöber

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:21 pm The best thing Jesse did at this club, would assume he had a say in this signing.

Was a proper leader yesterday,body on the line display.

Has been the signing of the season for me.

Should he be Captain?
Perhaps Marsch should replace Orta as the DOF lol, especially if the below is true..

https://twitter.com/LUFCMOTcom/status/1 ... 5687405570
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

weasel wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:34 pm He does seem a good organiser at the back which is why I wouldn't be against him becoming captain at some point. Wouldn't be till at least the summer as he has only been here a couple of months. For me it would stay with Cooper or Ayling, if either was on the pitch but if neither of those were on the pitch then he'd probably be next in line. It doesn't seem though that he needs to be captain to be vocal and I've never been one for simply making the best player the captain. Yes some captains lead by examplebut they are going to play well regardless and they might not be the best tactically, something that seems to happen all the time at cricket, Cook, Root etc being made captain as they were the only guaranteed starters but neither really having had much captaincy experience prior to being made captain of their country,
Same. Really good organizer. No change likely until end of season. But I'd like him as a captain. Unlikely Cooper would be replaced while still at club. I think the players as a whole have a lot of respect for him. But Cooper is unlikely to get back in the team while Wober is playing.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Maximilian Wöber

Post by 1964white »

Wolves

Max as solid as a rock

Good
7 defensive clearances
5 defensive headed clearances4 good passes
2 blocks
1 decisive tackle
1 interception

Bad
2 poor clearances
2 poor pass
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:07 pm During yesterdays match I saw him pushing Melier into position when he was standing on his line looking bemused....
Just watched Match of the day heccy, saw exactly what you were referring to.....well done Wober
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Wober is an organiser, a leader.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Probably helps our central defensive partnership speaks the same langauge... Maybe we should buy a German/Austrian defensive midfielder
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:16 am Probably helps our central defensive partnership speaks the same langauge... Maybe we should buy a German/Austrian defensive midfielder
Mention the lauguage point on the Koch thread :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

Wober has certainly tightens things up at the back he is immense and a very good buy. You can bet your ass that if we go down he will be poached right away. Pity because he and Koch are doing very well just imagine if we had a LB and a right back that were excellent too.
Danieloffthewall27
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Danieloffthewall27 »

1964white wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:59 am Mention the lauguage point on the Koch thread :tup:
I am Austrian too.. Do you guys really think it makes you a better organizer if you're native? i honestly do not think so.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Danieloffthewall27 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:11 am I am Austrian too.. Do you guys really think it makes you a better organizer if you're native? i honestly do not think so.
Daniel, I think it's more about a shared language rather than where they are from. Easier to communicate with your partner if you both speak the same language.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Danieloffthewall27 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:11 am I am Austrian too.. Do you guys really think it makes you a better organizer if you're native? i honestly do not think so.
It makes you better able to organise ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Welcome to our forum, Daniel :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:28 am Daniel, I think it's more about a shared language rather than where they are from. Easier to communicate with your partner if you both speak the same language.
Totally agree, Nick.

Koch has already mentioned in an interview that him & Wober sometimes resort to communicating in German.

Previously, I suspect Yorkshire & Spanish was a nightmare scenario :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Scoobychief wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:28 am Wober has certainly tightens things up at the back he is immense and a very good buy. You can bet your ass that if we go down he will be poached right away. Pity because he and Koch are doing very well just imagine if we had a LB and a right back that were excellent too.
Cheap as chips for a 25yo international CB for £11m.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Wober is already already 7th in our MOTM table as he breezes up the table after only ten games.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:06 am Totally agree, Nick.

Koch has already mentioned in an interview that him & Wober sometimes resort to communicating in German.

Previously, I suspect Yorkshire & Spanish was a nightmare scenario :lol:
Probably alright to some degree the yorkshire and someone with english as a decent second language. However with Kock and Llorente then they were probably both having to speak in their second language to communicate and split seconds of misunderstanding could be crucial. From my time living in Spain I found out that most of the Spanish didn't speak English so it may be that Llorente's english was very limited.

To be honest though it may even be as much down to having the left footed guy playing left of centre and right footed guy playing right of centre as we tended to look better when players were in their natural position. Llorente never really looked comfortable playing left of centre whereas when him and Cooper had a run of games together the season prior we looked solid.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:09 am Cheap as chips for a 25yo international CB for £11m.
Does look to be a bargain so far. I think he has his limitations, in terms of ball playing, but he seems to be very strong at the defending side of the game.