Georginio Rutter-

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Georginio Rutter-

Post by Cjay »

Breaking news from the very reliable Florian Plettenberg
20 year old French striker who plays for Hoffenheim in Germany

2 goals and 2 assists this season

Very highly rated

But according to German football expert Ronan Murphy he is full of potential (surprise surprise) not really the finished article now.

Inexperienced but talented
Last edited by Cjay on Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:05 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Georginio Rutter- TRANSFER RUMOUR.

Post by Cjay »

Talented but getting fed up of buying players with the sole intention of how much we can flog them for eventually.

He's very inexperienced.

I'd prefer someone more proven.
Signed

King Cjay

Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

30-40 million euro. And not ready 😂
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

:notes: One Geogie Rutter
came to Leeds cause he's a nutter
wasn't here long, we sold him for bomb :shirtw:
thats the way in ortas wonderland :note:
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:50 pm 30-40 million euro. And not ready 😂
Seems bizarre because even if he played superbly for us how much does his value go up? Look at how little we got for Raphinha so even if the lad did brilliantly then what is the realistic maximum we could get for him £50m? If he fails then it is a lot of money wated, if he succeeds just a little money gained (in comparison).
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

weasel wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:03 pm Seems bizarre because even if he played superbly for us how much does his value go up? Look at how little we got for Raphinha so even if the lad did brilliantly then what is the realistic maximum we could get for him £50m? If he fails then it is a lot of money wated, if he succeeds just a little money gained (in comparison).
Well yes it doesn’t really fit with the buy to sell model.
Not going to happen anyway. Definitely bs
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

Only Leeds could be linked with this kind of news
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:07 pm Well yes it doesn’t really fit with the buy to sell model.
Not going to happen anyway. Definitely bs
It does actually imo.

Radz has said before that they will spend more on players they believe are exceptional.

Nothing to do with whether they are right for the team it's all about the potential future profit.

Rutter is very highly rated, Radz will be dribbling with delight at his potential.

But everything you read from Bundesliga experts says he isn't ready, kids got less than 40 senior matches worth of minutes to his name.

This is a move driven by desire for future profit

Not to say Rutter can't do well but that definitely isn't the primary motivation.

It's a sad way to recruit imo (not driven by desire to improve the team, if it happens great but how much we can flog for is more important).

He is highly rated though but that's a hell of a lot of money for potential and I'd be shocked if someone isn't sold to fund it (January or Summer)

We aren't Chelsea.
Last edited by Cjay on Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

So as not to be negative (not knocking Rutter here) just the clubs motives.

He is very highly rated and has been for some time

When he left Rennes people like Leipzig wanted him and Dortmund but he choose Hoffenheim (another club very good at spotting talent).

Last season was his breakthrough season and he managed 8 goals and 4 assists in the Bundesliga in just 18 matches worth of minutes.

He is naturally two footed which is a very rare quality.

Good pace, good skills, 6ft so bit more height than we have.

Good talent and would be a coup for us as a player.

Just maybe not the instant impact we need.
Signed

King Cjay

Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

weasel wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:03 pm Seems bizarre because even if he played superbly for us how much does his value go up? Look at how little we got for Raphinha so even if the lad did brilliantly then what is the realistic maximum we could get for him £50m? If he fails then it is a lot of money wated, if he succeeds just a little money gained (in comparison).

Have faith in our expert purchaser, ain't this par for the course.

I tend to hope everything's clickbait where he's involved.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
CanuckMightyWhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CanuckMightyWhite »

Seems as if the club has learnt from the past, we’re not gonna sit pat this window.
While I’d never heard of him before today, but reading up on him he does seem to be of the same pedigree as a CDK so the club is going to find the funds to do a deal that’s too good to let pass.

Maybe Jack will be sold to fund most of this and a cheap punt in CM.
All in all, we can’t complain if we get Wober, Rutter and a cheapish CM like Raskin in t the expense of Klich and Harrison. Our overall balance will be better.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:19 pm It does actually imo.

Radz has said before that they will spend more on players they believe are exceptional.

Nothing to do with whether they are right for the team it's all about the potential future profit.

Rutter is very highly rated, Radz will be dribbling with delight at his potential.

But everything you read from Bundesliga experts says he isn't ready, kids got less than 40 senior matches worth of minutes to his name.

This is a move driven by desire for future profit

Not to say Rutter can't do well but that definitely isn't the primary motivation.

It's a sad way to recruit imo (not driven by desire to improve the team, if it happens great but how much we can flog for is more important).

He is highly rated though but that's a hell of a lot of money for potential and I'd be shocked if someone isn't sold to fund it (January or Summer)

We aren't Chelsea.
Maybe but way more risky than say ,Gnonto or even Raph as the ante is much higher. And it is only for potential. 30-40 million €!!!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

He's bloody 20, we could easily double the investment in 2/3 years if he is good ... Not sure how anyone thinks this is a puzzling move tbh if your rational.

If he comes which I'll only believe once he's in Leeds for a medical and not before, then he's Leeds and gets my support
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

L'equipe reporting we have submitted a €30mil offer for him.
Signed

King Cjay

andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Some solid reports on this kid. Sounds like an excellent purchase.
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

How many people here realistically thought Gnonto was going to be ready for us this season? And yet he has made an impact in pretty much every game he has played for us this season.

If this goes ahead it very much fits the model we are aiming for. At least we would be showing some ambition.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

herefordbornleedsboy wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:46 pm How many people here realistically thought Gnonto was going to be ready for us this season? And yet he has made an impact in pretty much every game he has played for us this season.

If this goes ahead it very much fits the model we are aiming for. At least we would be showing some ambition.
I did. Said as much before we bought him and my flabber was well and truly ghasted by Marsch's comments when we signed him.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

herefordbornleedsboy wrote:How many people here realistically thought Gnonto was going to be ready for us this season? And yet he has made an impact in pretty much every game he has played for us this season.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:37 pm He's bloody 20, we could easily double the investment in 2/3 years if he is good ... Not sure how anyone thinks this is a puzzling move tbh if your rational.

If he comes which I'll only believe once he's in Leeds for a medical and not before, then he's Leeds and gets my support
I don't think we would because to get that level of money he needs to be knocking them in in the champions league and I know some will say I am being unduly pessimistic but I don't see us reaching the Champions League this season or next. Look at Raphina, excelling for us, became a regular for Brazil and we got less than £50m. I think for us to get £60M+ he would have to be rvialling Haaland for the golden boot and playing for France.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

I think we need to calm down.

This player is on a par with Joffy, with perhaps a slightly higher potential

So why buy what we already have and rarely use?

Please I hope there is nothing to this story
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa