Next Manager

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Re: Next Manager

Post by WhiteRose »

I think we all need to remember that a manager everyone at Leeds derided as a joke and an embarrassment got sheff united promoted fairly comfortably last year - expectations are too high we don’t need a management genius
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Vierra or Rodgers for me... I'd be ok with Potter too. Of those mentioned
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

WhiteRose wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:09 pm I think we all need to remember that a manager everyone at Leeds derided as a joke and an embarrassment got sheff united promoted fairly comfortably last year - expectations are too high we don’t need a management genius
Not everyone, I have always said he did a good job here considering the state he inherited the team and no pre season or window. I think he'd have gotten us promoted too inside two seasons. Not that for a second would I not have Bielsa arrive....

Christiansen and Marsch are the two snake oil salesmen that have talked their way into a job at LUFC ....

You really can't tell how a manager will do until he starts the job though. Pep could fail here though his ceiling would be higher than a Rodgers or Potter
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

Potters or Rodgers for me, they are way better than any others on that list. Hopefully someone is talking to them in the background and all this nonsense talk of Gerrard, Parker or Corberan is just click bait.
We need to start this season with an experienced manager in place to at least get us organised and build momentum. If we things going well early on there is no reason why we cant be up there come the end of the season. We might not get up first time but we need stability more than anything this season.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

GreennWhite wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:28 pm Potters or Rodgers for me, they are way better than any others on that list. Hopefully someone is talking to them in the background and all this nonsense talk of Gerrard, Parker or Corberan is just click bait.
We need to start this season with an experienced manager in place to at least get us organised and build momentum. If we things going well early on there is no reason why we cant be up there come the end of the season. We might not get up first time but we need stability more than anything this season.
It took a very experienced veteran manager in his 60s with the experience of having literal countries relying on him.

With experience of managing two of the most successful clubs in there respective nations (Bilbao are the 3rd most successful side ever in Spain, Marseille are 2nd in France).

It takes a certain character to manage us imo, we may again be a Championship side but the pressure is comparable to any team in England.

A manager who can't handle that will fail, Hecky, TC, Marsch, Gracia etc.

Of the list only Brenden Rodgers has that sort of background with his time at Liverpool.

It wasn't great but was OK.

The rest have failed at every high pressure job.

Carlos Corberan is literally the worst manager in the history of Olympiakos. He had an 18% win percentage, for context there isn't anyone else below 30% and only a few below 50% in 30 years.

Graham Potter did well at smaller clubs, Brighton, Swansea, Östersunds but totally out of his depth at Chelsea. Obviously a crazy club atm but the man looked ill.

Scott Parker did fine in the Championship but failed in the Premier League and had his Premier league record improved by total novice Gary O'Neil. Club Brugge, big club in Belgium (2nd most successful) totally flopped similar to Corberan at Olympiakos.

Again like Corberan going back to the 1930s Parker is in the bottom few for worst manager ever for Brugge.

And Gerrard was a disaster at Aston Villa, fans hate him. I know there is pressure at Rangers but you basically have an almost guarantee of winning a trophy or two there.

So for me only really Rodgers has tentatively the experience required to handle the expectations here

Even he is tentative.

I mentioned him before, I'd throw everything at Lucien Favre.

A veteran with extensive experience.

Think it's what we need, forget domestic nonsense.

Just get the most qualified experienced man we can.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
pjm2019
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by pjm2019 »

SaraM wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:25 am Couldn't see a dedicated next manager thread... please merge/ delete if we already have one.

First up: Marcelo Gallardo

https://footballelements.com/2020/07/ma ... -is-after/
we need a next manager Poll
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

I wouldn't mind Rodgers or Potter but I doubt they'd want to be involved in Championship football.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

BradWhite wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:32 pm I wouldn't mind Rodgers or Potter but I doubt they'd want to be involved in Championship football.
I can’t see it either to be honest.

Like everyone else I’ve no idea who it will be, but I’d be surprised if it’s any of those two.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
hector

Post by hector »

exciting isn't it??

:mrgreen:
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

The market is constipated. There’ll be a movement once the ownership is complete. Hopefully not another turd but it’s fairly likely it will be
geronimo
First Team
First Team
Twitter: none

Post by geronimo »

merlin the magician could be manager next season , but again without the sufficient financial backing leeds has a club will continue to be in the doldrums for an indefinite period of time . the game is solely based on money nowadays and unless leeds attract investors or owners that put their money where their mouth is nothing will change , the 49ers will be the latest in a long line of owners who will fall by the wayside in the not too too distant future . because ultimately the game is not a sport anymore its a business , that fleeces its fans through sheer loyalty and in the hope that one day it will change . in leeds uniteds case it aint happened in fifty years and wont happen anytime soon under this constant change of ownership and managerial appointments that happen on an all too regular basis now .with the same end result FAILIURE .
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

IMG_7247.jpeg
Farke price crashed. Make of it what you will
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Daniel Farke's record in the Championship is exemplary, but when it comes to the Premier League, it's a very different story.

The German took charge of 49 top flight games across two separate seasons, winning only six.

That means he leaves Carrow Road with a win percentage of just 12.2% at Premier League level - the lowest of any manager to take charge of more than 43 games in the competition's history.

FARKE’S RECORD

P208 W87 D49 L72 F294 A290 (41.8pc wins)

Premier League

P49 W6 D8 L35 F31 A101 (12.2pc wins)

Championship

P138 W71 D38 L29 F217 A153 (51.4pc wins)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Please be true
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:51 am Daniel Farke's record in the Championship is exemplary, but when it comes to the Premier League, it's a very different story.

The German took charge of 49 top flight games across two separate seasons, winning only six.

That means he leaves Carrow Road with a win percentage of just 12.2% at Premier League level - the lowest of any manager to take charge of more than 43 games in the competition's history.

FARKE’S RECORD

P208 W87 D49 L72 F294 A290 (41.8pc wins)

Premier League

P49 W6 D8 L35 F31 A101 (12.2pc wins)

Championship

P138 W71 D38 L29 F217 A153 (51.4pc wins)
If the 49ers are taking advice of Angus this is the sort we will look at.

He hasn't a clue beyond domestic appointments.

The 49ers should by now have got proper football people in place

Let's hope they have privately
Signed

King Cjay

Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

In fairness Norwich played some fantastic football in the championship under Farke.
But he has failed miserably in the PL.
Could be the type to get us back up though.
Certainly less risky than Gerrard or Corberan.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:01 pm If the 49ers are taking advice of Angus this is the sort we will look at.

He hasn't a clue beyond domestic appointments.

The 49ers should by now have got proper football people in place

Let's hope they have privately
Hard to argue with his Championship record. Decent football too. I’m really remembering him for the PL tbh which was abysmal. If we are sifting through turds then he won’t be the worst.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:00 pm
Please be true
Foxes fans must be thrilled
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

It is hard to judge Dannie Farko's record in the premier because both times when they went up they spent b*gger all trying to improve the squad, in fact last time after going up they then sold their best player Emi Buendia. When Norwich sacked him it wasn't like their results suddenly improved and as shown under a different manager they were nowhere near a promotion place.

Wouldn't be my first choice but would be higher up than the usual clowns on the list.
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

Newcastle owners took advice and went for a coach who knows the English game.
Their progress has been very steady without breaking the bank (considering the huge financial clout they gave at their disposal).
The 49ers d should be going for the same.
There Is Only One United.