Next Manager

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Next Manager

Post by Carrick Dave »

SG90 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:07 pm Does he speak English?
If Corberan’s appointed we’ll need someone to translate his English into English.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:14 pm Risky

But not average

If his Rayo Vallecano side win there game in hand they go 5th in La Liga.

With a team that cost less than Aaronson.
True, but that can't be replicated in the PL. You need to spend spend spend and have a sugar daddy to do well.

But it's another manager new to the league and a big risk.

Smells of Orta too :(
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

mentalcase wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:13 pm Just seen this on calendar whilst up Wetherby, maybe she's putting her name in the hat !!

20230206_182209.jpg
Frank Spencer
Nelson Silva
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Nelson Silva »

SG90 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:11 pm His record looks pretty average to me. I'd rather have Rafa 👍
Rafa who??

Rafa Benitez?? :shock:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

mentalcase wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:14 pm About right
Wonder how long till he wants him sacked too? :duno:
Bongo1874
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bongo1874 »

Only one man .
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:16 pmFrank Spencer
Mmmmmm Betty
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Nelson Silva wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:16 pm Rafa who??

Rafa Benitez?? :shock:
Why not?! He's managed Liverpool, Inter Milan, Real Madrid, Newcastle, Everton, Valencia, so knows a thing or two about pressure. We don't need some cheap punt, we need someone with experience.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Bongo1874 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:17 pm Only one man .
Definitely
Eddie Howe is only 3/1 now
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Carrick Dave wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:15 pm If Corberan’s appointed we’ll need someone to translate his English into English.
:lol:
No good me then
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Bongo1874 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:17 pm Only one man .
Yep, a man with unfinished business, cruely sacked, coming home to finish the job....

Simon Grayson :love:
ActionJackson
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by ActionJackson »

Obviously, Armas will be the next coach. There's a weird ownership clause that states all current and future gaffers must have played the 6 for the Chicago Fire. It does mean that Bastian Schweinsteiger could be the coach if he cares to get his licenses and such. I feel like the Fire's current DM, Federico Navarro would make a good coach one day. Plus, he's an Argentine which is a preferred footballing country, recent winner of the Big WorldWide Soccer tournament, and I seem to recall Leeds having a manager from that particular nation state. But at 22, he may not want to get into coaching yet. The rule really limits our options.
Bongo1874
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bongo1874 »

SG90 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:19 pm Yep, a man with unfinished business, cruely sacked, coming home to finish the job....

Should of never been sacked in the first place.

mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

SG90 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:19 pm Yep, a man with unfinished business, cruely sacked, coming home to finish the job....

:lol:
Bongo1874
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bongo1874 »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:18 pm Definitely
Eddie Howe is only 3/1 now
Next England manager after us.

And I say that as a Scot.

Infact I'll go balls in , if it had been him managing instead of Gareth, you would have two trophies.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Bongo1874 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:21 pm Next England manager after us.

Infact I'll go balls in , if it had been him managing instead of Gareth, you would have two trophies.
Definitely. 100% correct
Next England manager after the next one
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Bongo1874 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:21 pm Next England manager after us.

Thoughts on Rafa Bongo? :duno: I know you lot loved him.
Bongo1874
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bongo1874 »

SG90 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:25 pm Thoughts on Rafa Bongo? :duno: I know you lot loved him.
Rafa was dealt a s**t hand by board, and was all about organisation, and being compact difficult to break down.

The football got worse under Bruce but he did overachieve at times like Rafa , and probably gets more stick than he should Bruce.

Marcelo should of never been sacked, the process of changing manager should of been done in summer, the way Marcelo plays the game is difficult for any player to change ,in the space of a year.

Marsch made Leeds boring too watch.

Sucked the sole out the club, Leeds are best when attacking and on edge of seat type game.

It is my opinion rafa wouldn't be an upgrade on Marsch ,a steady Eddie type appointment if you will.

Leeds have spent good money they have great attacking options now, there's only one man that should be considered in my opinion call me bias, Leeds needs the feel good factor back and he gives that and more.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Bongo1874 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:34 pm Rafa was dealt a s**t hand by board, and was all about organisation, and being compact difficult to break down.

The football got worse under Bruce but he did overachieve at times like Rafa , and probably gets more stick than he should Bruce.

Marcelo should of never been sacked, the process of changing manager should of been done in summer, the way Marcelo plays the game is difficult for any player to change ,in the space of a year.

Marsch made Leeds boring too watch.

Sucked the sole out the club, Leeds are best when attacking and on edge of seat type game.

It is my opinion rafa wouldn't be an upgrade on Marsch ,a steady Eddie type appointment if you will.

Leeds have spent good money they have great attacking options now, there's only one man that should be considered in my opinion call me bias, Leeds needs the feel good factor back and he gives that and more.
:tup:

That's what we need at this moment in time tbh, to be hard to beat and steady. He has a wealth of experience and has managed clubs with a lot of pressure, so wouldn't be a rabbit in headlights.

He got all the blame at Everton, but their excellent start to the season kept them up eventually.
Bongo1874
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bongo1874 »

SG90 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:37 pm :tup:

That's what we need at this moment in time tbh, to be hard to beat and steady. He has a wealth of experience and has managed clubs with a lot of pressure, so wouldn't be a rabbit in headlights.

He got all the blame at Everton, but their excellent start to the season kept them up eventually.
I think you lack goals and belief, and I don't think I can see anyone coming in and delivering a 9th place finish like MB did.

Leeds are two good ,to be relegation every year mate MB proved that in his first season in prem 👍.

Think big.