Next Manager

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Next Manager

Post by Sara »

Couldn't see a dedicated next manager thread... please merge/ delete if we already have one.

First up: Marcelo Gallardo

https://footballelements.com/2020/07/ma ... -is-after/
mentalcase

Re: Next Manager

Post by mentalcase »

Whats wrong with this manager like !!!
Is it because we aren't getting walloped every week ?
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

mentalcase wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:26 am Whats wrong with this manager like !!!
Is it because we aren't getting walloped every week ?
That discussion's for the Marsch threads.

Given the possibility of imminent change, who are we looking at...?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Seriously, I don't know & I watch a lot of football.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Seems as we very rarely do things by the book then Gallardo would be a good choice. He is also called Marcelo. Maybe that’s the reason you chose him
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

In Sara's defence.

If its true what has been said about the 49ers and big plans and money

If its true (and I'm fairly sure Phil confirmed this as well) that Orta was 100% the man to want Marsch with the 49ers far from convinced.

And of course just in general, if the 49ers take over then generally new owners want there own people in charge.

Then it's entirely possible Marsch could be gone (results aside) by the summer.

So
Kjetil Knutsen
Adi Hutter
Oliver Glasner

If they want to really push the boat out

Luis Enrique.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

I don't need 'defending' for starting a thread on a topic that is currently being widely discussed.

If you don't want to discuss it, then fine, carry on calling people 'Bielsa bunnies' and talking complete shite.

Close the thread please, waste of time.
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

SaraM wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:32 am I don't need 'defending' for starting a thread on a topic that is currently being widely discussed.

If you don't want to discuss it, then fine, carry on calling people 'Bielsa bunnies' and talking complete shite.

Oh dear, someone got out of the wrong side of the bed....
I'm not looking at replacing Jesse, but I'm interested in seeing who people think could do a better job
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

SaraM wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:32 am I don't need 'defending' for starting a thread on a topic that is currently being widely discussed.

As you know Sara, I've had an 'uneasy' feeling about Jesse since his arrival. His style of football hasn't swayed my feelings one bit. Obviously I wanted/want him to do well because he's at the helm of my club, but I'm far from convinced that he's the right man to take us forward.

Who (if) to replace him? I've no idea, some know more than me judging by previous comments on this topic but I'm with Leon :dun:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

No need to close this thread.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

It’s a good thread. I’ve been constantly asking who would be next. I’m certainly not convinced Marsch is the man but I hope he is. Good piece on that Gallardo. He certainly has the “right” admirers.
And he’s not employed atm according to Wiki
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

David Healy 😜
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Good thread, i won't be joining in much as i like to leave it up to the nerds (no insult intended)

My obvious choice is obvious.

As for whomever comes in if Jesse gets whacked, i only usually know after their first game in charge what i think, i also don't follow footy enough and indeed had never even heard of my beloved b4 he came here.

I am interested in what Cjay etc does, so nerd away, be interseting to see who gets it right, btw, i haven't heard of any of the names so far mentioned, but Luis Enrique rung a bell, but i might be getting him mixed up with a singer.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Afternoon everyone

I haven't got a clue who I'd like to replace Marsch - new nick name I heard recently Yank Fwank. The Club Directors/Marsch will decide when he goes and the Directors will try to get the best Manager in they can but if that fails revert to a No Mark with at best a poor reputation and hope that works out.

I'm OK to admit that I didn't want Marsch here in the first place, I viewed many of his "Ted Talks" and looked at his passed Managerial experience and felt he didn't have the experience for the job, but he came and I got behind him and hoped like many that we were wrong and it would work out. I was at the Chelsea game, which was amazing and I thought again perhaps I am wrong and he is the man for the job, but in 30 Games with Marsch in charge we have W8 D8 and L14 giving us a points per game of 1 which might just keep us in this league if he can keep that average up.

The football is dire, there doesn't seem to be a plan and you can't go to Plan B if you started without a Plan A.

On another point some people on here have suggested that certain other teams managers should be sacked for their dire football and results, the latest been Graham Potter at Chelsea (Who I'd like here as I think he'd do a decent job of it), well I wish Marsch had his record as it currently sits at P17 W7, D4, L6, points per game 1.47 and that would definitely keep us up - just saying
Last edited by Ratscoot on Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Julio Iglesias.

Is he still at Roma or did he go Benfica ?

He might be good if he'd entertain Leeds, no pun intended Jay ya numptie.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Hey!

Good thread !!

It's just dawned on me, if the resident prick Orta was the dickhead insisting on Jesse and we know he knows absolutely FC K ALL about football he just tries to get lucky all the time, and if the 49er's didn't want Jesse but didn't have enough clout with their 44% and Orta bullied Radz like he does !!!

Then maybe just fcking maybe....the 49er's might listen to the clever among us in the crowd and want Bert back !!!

THE 40 FCKING NINERS MIGHT BE MY YANK HEROES AFTER ALL !!!!

OMG I'M GOING FOR A LIE DOWN, MY DREAM COULD STILL BE ALIVE FFS !!!

IT MIGHT BE THE 49'ERS THAT HAVE THE SENSE !!!!!

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Potter would suit us a we don’t have a load of Chelsea style primadonnas. Was always going to take a long while to succeed there. I’d have him but we don’t do the obvious. Bound to be someone from outside the PL
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Anyone got the address of the 49er's !!! ???

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:56 pm Julio Iglesias.

Is he still at Roma or did he go Benfica ?

He might be good if he'd entertain Leeds, no pun intended Jay ya numptie.
Isn’t he dead yet. Must be 146 by now
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

They might've been in touch with Bert and he told them....@not a fcking chance whilst that clown is there doing the scouting and buying"

TALK ABOUT TWO BIRDS WITH ONE STONE !!!

;@)