Weston McKennie

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Weston McKennie-DEAL POTENTIALLY CLOSE

Post by Cjay »

Even opposition team fans having a go at him
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Cjay wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:09 pm
wibble.gif
Forget Alexi Lalas, a self centered pompous twit (being kind here) WUM masquerading as some kind of oracle. Basically USA's equivalent to Gobby on Talksport. Talks a load of tosh and loves the sound of his own voice. Don't know how he ever got the job.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Lumiukko wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:12 pm Forget Alexi Lalas, a self centered pompous twit (being kind here) WUM masquerading as some kind of oracle. Basically USA's equivalent to Gobby on Talksport. Talks a load of tosh and loves the sound of his own voice. Don't know how he ever got the job.
tbf he's going from title challenging, champs league juventus to relegation fighting leeds...kind of agree with him haha!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

McKennie may be the right player over Ounahi or he might not.

But with the latter going for a 3rd of the price the theory that trying to boost our profile in the USA isn't isn't factor looks a bit less likely now.

Seems to be more than a football decision at play here.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

danhirons wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:13 pm tbf he's going from title challenging, champs league juventus to relegation fighting leeds...kind of agree with him haha!
McKennie is a bit part player who Juve fans seem quite content to get rid of.

Pirlo apparently rated him, Allegri not so much.

Seems a bit disrespectful to us and to over estimate McKennie tbh.

He's hardly a World beater.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Definitely about the 49ers paying for this. . . . .Absolutely convinced there is some USA exposure in play here.

Got a bad feeling about this :lol:

Juve need money now, a loan is no good to them.
Signed

King Cjay

BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Re: Weston McKennie-NO AGREEMENT WITH JUVENTUS YET

Post by BobHirst »

This is an observation and a question for anyone here in the U S who gets to see Alexi Lala's on TV.
He is without doubt an openly England/English hating person.
He doesn't have a good word to say about England. He has been this way since I first saw him.
Anyone agree/disagree?
geeno_philly
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by geeno_philly »

This is not about Juve needing money. Its about Juve needing to appear to be fiscally sound and within the "rules". Lets not forget, its Italy. By loaning McKennie, they get his cost off their book temporarily and will be able to renegotiate a future purchase which helps their next year statement whether he comes back, Leeds purchase, or another loan comes around.

To the above "Forget Alexi Lalas, a self centered pompous twit (being kind here) WUM masquerading as some kind of oracle." You are not even close. Lalas is far from even being qualified as a twit. Closer to a complete d0uche bag. Most football fans in America cant stand him. He hasnt been relevant since the birth of the WWW.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Lumiukko wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:12 pm Forget Alexi Lalas, a self centered pompous twit (being kind here) WUM masquerading as some kind of oracle. Basically USA's equivalent to Gobby on Talksport. Talks a load of tosh and loves the sound of his own voice. Don't know how he ever got the job.
Agreed. An embarrassment.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Ounahi on his way to Olympique, so I guess all our eggs are in the McKennie basket.

Fine by me as I rate McKennie the better player, but increases the urgency for a deal.
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

BobHirst wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:02 pm This is an observation and a question for anyone here in the U S who gets to see Alexi Lala's on TV.
He doesn't have a good word to say about England. He has been this way since I first saw him.
Anyone agree/disagree?
I agree Bob. Not sure what it is. Maybe he's bitter that he never got a chance to play in the Premier League. But he does think there is too much English influence in American football/futbol/soccer. He's unwatchable for me.

Hmm...too much English influence in American football/futbol/soccer. What an interesting juxtaposition. ;-)
Football/Futbol/Soccer
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

geeno_philly wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:10 pm This is not about Juve needing money. Its about Juve needing to appear to be fiscally sound and within the "rules". Lets not forget, its Italy. By loaning McKennie, they get his cost off their book temporarily and will be able to renegotiate a future purchase which helps their next year statement whether he comes back, Leeds purchase, or another loan comes around.

To the above "Forget Alexi Lalas, a self centered pompous twit (being kind here) WUM masquerading as some kind of oracle." You are not even close. Lalas is far from even being qualified as a twit. Closer to a complete d0uche bag. Most football fans in America cant stand him. He hasnt been relevant since the birth of the WWW.
Oh they definitely need money.

They need to make the books look better but they made a loss of £200mil, they need money.

They can't think about next year's statement, need to worry about this year's, all kinds of trouble.

I'd it wasn't about money they would accept the loan to buy already, there hoping someone comes in with an offer to buy right now.

Just remember Lalas as the big hairy bloke from my 98 World Cup book.
Signed

King Cjay

Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

I have to say I wouldn't blame him if he went to Arse, the substitutes luxury seats look lovely and cozy, all plush leather seats. He'd be just like Kalvin at Citeh.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

https://gianlucadimarzio.com/it/mckenni ... nnaio-2023

Di Marzio seems to be saying that we changed it to a loan last minute.

https://football-italia.net/leeds-chang ... -juventus/

That is exactly what he is saying :chair:
Signed

King Cjay

Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

BobHirst wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:02 pm This is an observation and a question for anyone here in the U S who gets to see Alexi Lala's on TV.
Anyone agree/disagree?
Bob, that's been my impression from watching him over the years. Don't know what his deal is exactly, but comes across as a "Tucker Carlson for Football" personality.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

geeno_philly wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:10 pm This is not about Juve needing money. Its about Juve needing to appear to be fiscally sound and within the "rules". Lets not forget, its Italy. By loaning McKennie, they get his cost off their book temporarily and will be able to renegotiate a future purchase which helps their next year statement whether he comes back, Leeds purchase, or another loan comes around.

By twit I really wanted to put an 'a' in place of the 'i'. :)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Lumiukko wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:53 pm By twit I really wanted to put an 'a' in place of the 'i'. :)
Wait till kenny works that out
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Weston McKennie- LUFC move the goalposts

Post by Jaydog »

Twat is a brilliant word. Only 2nd to Turd in the list of the greatest T words
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

faaip wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:01 pm Wait till kenny works that out
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

faaip wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:01 pm Wait till kenny works that out
Stupid twit.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)