Diogo Monteiro-WELCOME

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
mentalcase

Re: Diogo Monteiro-MEDICAL UNDERWAY

Post by mentalcase »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:52 pm Diogo would want you 3 to

alice-dance-love-each-other.gif
Alice, Alice, who's Alice !!
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

mentalcase wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:56 pm You don't half talk rubbish, you can't even reply without being up your'e own boring arse , I seriously don't remember the last time i read one of your non sensical diatribes in the full zzzzzzzzzzzzz
Because the greatest love of all
Is happening to me
I found the greatest love of all
Inside of me
The greatest love of all
Is easy to achieve
Learning to love yourself
Is the greatest love of all

Learn to love yourself mental, you can do it lad :tup: :poo:
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

mentalcase wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:56 pm You don't half talk rubbish, you can't even reply without being up your'e own boring arse , I seriously don't remember the last time i read one of your non sensical diatribes in the full zzzzzzzzzzzzz
:lol: :tup:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Why weren't Wolves in for him? 🤔
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Bless again, you do try and we love you for it. I'm sure if you get someone to help you, you can make it all the way to the end. I will try to keep my posts shorter just for you.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Monteiro confirmed, joining the U23’s initially.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Seriously guys, we've just signed a great young prospect and you are all just having a go at each other.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:35 am Seriously guys, we've just signed a great young prospect and you are all just having a go at each other.
You're right and I hope mental will apologise for provoking said argument by using a snide attack on all those who had bothered to look at how good Gnonto was before he signed for us.
mentalcase wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:46 pm Must be a first team starter surely, after all the clamour for Gnonto and Rutter to start.
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Diogo Monteiro-WELCOME

Post by billysboots »

What happened to:

“We’re all Leeds aren’t we”?
There Is Only One United.
Tighthead
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Tighthead »

Welcome to Leeds United Diogo, hope is a long and successful stay.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Where do we see him in the pecking order?

Behind all the current first team squad but ahead of Hjelde? Ahead of Cresswell?
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:04 pm Where do we see him in the pecking order?

Behind all the current first team squad but ahead of Hjelde? Ahead of Cresswell?
It's a good question Andrew and one I have been wondering myself. I've been assuming that Wober would play RCB when Koch is missing, but there is still a danger Ayling gets the nod there. Clearly Monteiro will be ahead of Cresswell and Hjelde simply as he's in Thorp Arch unlike the other two.

I would say assuming everyone is fit, not including loans out, that Jesse's (not mine) current order of preference in a back 4 is:

RB: Ayling, Kristensen
RCB: Koch, Ayling, Wober, Monteiro
LCM: Wober, Cooper, Struijk, Monteiro
LB: Struijk, Wober. Firpo

Monteiro looks like he might do a job on both sides but I would guess he is 4th choice for those CB positions.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Lumiukko wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:13 pm It's a good question Andrew and one I have been wondering myself. I've been assuming that Wober would play RCB when Koch is missing, but there is still a danger Ayling gets the nod there. Clearly Monteiro will be ahead of Cresswell and Hjelde simply as he's in Thorp Arch unlike the other two.

I would say assuming everyone is fit, not including loans out, that Jesse's (not mine) current order of preference in a back 4 is:

RB: Ayling, Kristensen
RCB: Koch, Ayling, Wober, Monteiro
LCM: Wober, Cooper, Struijk, Monteiro
LB: Struijk, Wober. Firpo

Monteiro looks like he might do a job on both sides but I would guess he is 4th choice for those CB positions.
Wondering in terms of long term development. Would be surprised if Monteiro gets much more game time this season than Cresswell and Hjeld have had over the past 2 season. Those two going out on loan is (hopefully) a path to first team football for us next season. Wonder if Monteiro will be marked for a championship loan next season.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:21 pm Wondering in terms of long term development. Would be surprised if Monteiro gets much more game time this season than Cresswell and Hjeld have had over the past 2 season. Those two going out on loan is (hopefully) a path to first team football for us next season. Wonder if Monteiro will be marked for a championship loan next season.
Very intriguing as you say. I don't think we will be counting on Cooper much after this season, so there's a space in the squad there for one of Monteiro/Cresswell/Hjelde. I guess we will see how much Monteiro rips up the U21s this season. Could be one of those players much like Gnonto who is too good to ignore. Might also be a 'cover-your-ass' situation in case of relegation to have some players (albeit young) of a high calibre but low wage to maintain for a promotion push.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Lumiukko wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:18 pm Very intriguing as you say. I don't think we will be counting on Cooper much after this season, so there's a space in the squad there for one of Monteiro/Cresswell/Hjelde. I guess we will see how much Monteiro rips up the U21s this season. Could be one of those players much like Gnonto who is too good to ignore. Might also be a 'cover-your-ass' situation in case of relegation to have some players (albeit young) of a high calibre but low wage to maintain for a promotion push.
Yes would imagine a lot of players leaving if/when we went down. Maybe able to keep hold of Gelhardt, Greenwood, Gnonto, Summerville and Rutter with them being young and likely Ayling and Cooper too then we'd likely be seeing which youth were able to make the stepup with the likes of Gyabi, Perkins, Hjelde, Cresswell, Drameh etc.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

weasel wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:33 pm Yes would imagine a lot of players leaving if/when we went down. Maybe able to keep hold of Gelhardt, Greenwood, Gnonto, Summerville and Rutter with them being young and likely Ayling and Cooper too then we'd likely be seeing which youth were able to make the stepup with the likes of Gyabi, Perkins, Hjelde, Cresswell, Drameh etc.
Slightly OT for this thread but worth talking about

Plenty of players on loan in championship that would fit if we got relegated - Cresswell, Shackleton, Hjelde, Roberts (?), Gelhardt. Plus Bate exceling in L1.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Odd that if Harrison left they were going to go for Zaniolo.

But Llorente leaving is replaced with an u21 player.

Unless Wober is his replacement in which case we haven't signed a left back at all . . . .
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:37 pm Odd that if Harrison left they were going to go for Zaniolo.

But Llorente leaving is replaced with an u21 player.

Unless Wober is his replacement in which case we haven't signed a left back at all . . . .
We're, as we were under Bielsa, multi positional... Koch is the 1, Kristensen can play, probably should play, right CB, Wober maybe two footed... Ayling, Montiero and Moore..

Monteiro is in pole position though to get game time over Hjelde or Cresswell should we have an injury crisis. He maybe as high as #2 on the list once acclimated
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:06 pm We're, as we were under Bielsa, multi positional... Koch is the 1, Kristensen can play, probably should play, right CB, Wober maybe two footed... Ayling, Montiero and Moore..

Monteiro is in pole position though to get game time over Hjelde or Cresswell should we have an injury crisis. He maybe as high as #2 on the list once acclimated
Ayling is an appalling cb

Kristensen has barely played there.

Moore and Montiero are children barely on nodding terms with 1st team football.

Cresswell may he leaving and Hjelde is at Rotherham.

It's fine if we get no injuries but an injury to Koch . . . .
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:36 pm Ayling is an appalling cb

Kristensen has barely played there.

Moore and Montiero are children barely on nodding terms with 1st team football.

Cresswell may he leaving and Hjelde is at Rotherham.

It's fine if we get no injuries but an injury to Koch . . . .
Ayling is an ok centre back, not a regular starter but has won MOTM's here playing there. My guess is Wober is the direct back up, we'll find out assuming Coop is fit v Forest
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"