We are not the only ones!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

We are not the only ones!

Post by 1964white »

Clubs you expect to be doing well are struggling4

Liverpool & Chelsea are sitting in 8th & 9th position in the table. Chelsea have almost lost as many games as they have won. Liverpool are in a right mess. Both teams out of the domestic cups too.

West Ham generally occupying a place around the top six are now 16th having won only 5 of their 20 games.

I haven't been impressed with Spurs even though they are 5th in the PL, only won 11 of their 21 games.

Leicester, have won 5 of 20 & Wolves 4 of 20, both teams are normally mid-table, but they are hovering around Leeds in the table.

Crystal Palace are one point above last season's points total, but I'm unconvinced about them this season.

Manure & Villa were performing appallingly poor, the managerial change has stopped their slump.

Even Citeh, are 5 points behind last season's points tally right now.

Lots of doom & gloom for fans at several clubs, I suspect

Everton, Southampton & Bournemouth fans must be very anxious & concerned. Forest too IF we beat them on Sunday.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Re: We are not the only ones!

Post by Mountain »

Liverpool and Klopp are entitled to an off year, last season must have been very full on, and then to lose Mane, I would be surprised if they don't rally.

Chelsea are just hosing money at it. For all the talk about Potter being this brilliant manager, the new American owner is very quickly making Abramovich look mean. Over £500 million spent so far, and remarkably yet to buy a striker.

Spurs are very meh this season, Conte could be in trouble, but a Cup win and top 4 still doable and that would be a good season.

Gotta admit ManU look to have turned it around. Don't know how much is down to the new manager, and how much is down to getting rid of Ronaldo.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Looking at the current standings, anyone from Palace down is at risk this season. Which makes it all the more crucial that we start picking up maximum points against the teams around us.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

Getting rid of Ronaldo and Pogba was a great bit of business for Man U.
There Is Only One United.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

billysboots wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:40 am Getting rid of Ronaldo and Pogba was a great bit of business for Man U.
Absolutely, both toxic dressing room characters. Shame, really, it was great seeing them in disarray!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
1964white

Post by 1964white »

billysboots wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:40 am Getting rid of Ronaldo and Pogba was a great bit of business for Man U.
Indeed, Billy, both are horrible individuals :x
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

This is probably going to turn out to be the hardest season for a long time to avoid relegation. In the past seasons there was always 2 teams that were really poor and out of it quite early and that only left 1 team out of about 4 or 5 trying to stay safe. This season no team in the bottom 7 or 8 can be sure they will be safe. Results are all over the place and teams that were doing badly seem to be starting to play fairly well again and get some momentum.
The way things are going the final games this season could see a hell of a lot of nervous teams looking over their shoulders and hoping other teams do them a favour. Sounds familiar doesn't it.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Our final four matches in May are tough.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:45 pm Our final four matches in May are tough.
That is a huge concern and realistically we'd want to be at least 6 points clear of the relegation places by that point. Anything less and we'd appear extremely vulnerable.

Looking at other teams:

Southampton play Bournemouth, Fulham and Forest in 3 of their last 6 matches - on paper all winnable.
Everton have Bournemouth and Wolves as their last 2 fixtures
Bournemouth have Everton, Palace, Southampton and us in their last 6 fixtures - our match v them could be crucial
Wolves have Villa, Everton and Palace in their last 6 matches

On paper you can certainly see a few points being picked up by our rivals at the business end of the season. If we go into the last 4 matches with the gap as it is now, or worse, then we could be in huge trouble.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

I see it the other way.....we are better against the teams who want to come out and play. We find it virtually impossible to break down park the bus teams so I'm not so concerned about our final matches. JM will have us half way up the table by then with his shiny new squad....

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Toxic at Everton. I said to the lad at work imagine if they went bankrupt, had to change their name, owed by a mysterious bearded man in the Cayman Islands and starting the season in league 1 on minus 15 points. They would have something to moan about then.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Addition by subtraction
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

After all the disruption of silly England euro league pap, then the Queen RIP ,more cancellations, then the world cup, we are finally getting the season started .
Lets see how we go now, only 2 England Euro games in late March to interrupt, by then, we ought to know if JM has us firing on all cylinders, for his sake (and ours) he better have, if he's still here like.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:15 pm

On paper you can certainly see a few points being picked up by our rivals at the business end of the season. If we go into the last 4 matches with the gap as it is now, or worse then we could be in huge trouble.
We will be in real trouble.
BreakingTheDuck
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by BreakingTheDuck »

I have taken to listening to Everton podcasts. Why do I find it perversely entertaining?