Relegation Watch 22/23

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Relegation Watch 22/23

Post by Jaydog »

Cjay wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:06 pm What do we think about how this weekend has panned out?

Forest and Palace getting dragged in as expected?
Not great
Could be worse
That’s the way it is when you rely on others
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Just watching Wolves.

Newcastle finding it very easy to get in behind.

Something I hope we are looking at.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

April is the key month for us.

After Arsenal away we have three homes games in a row. Forest, Palace and Liverpool. We'll need a minimum of 6 points if we are going to have any chance of staying up.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

VinnysTattoo wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:49 pm April is the key month for us.

After Arsenal away we have three homes games in a row. Forest, Palace and Liverpool. We'll need a minimum of 6 points if we are going to have any chance of staying up.
All 3 of those are winnable, depends on who the manager plays though, bringing Sinisterra on for 30 seconds on saturday isn't the way to win games, nor is having Gnonto on the bench.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Popped up on twitter this again.

The confidence/arrogance the club had in the summer based on Marsch and Orta and his work lead to Radz saying this?

“This year, in my opinion, we’ve done a great job in the market and we have a very competitive team,” Radrizzani says. “The target I set is between 10th to 14th position. If we’re lucky, we are close to 10th or more. If we aren’t lucky, we are 15th. But I think we are in that range. I don’t want to have any more heart-attack risk.” But is there any chance in his mind of a relegation battle? “I don’t have any doubt that we’ll avoid a situation similar to last season,” he says. “It’s impossible.”
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:47 pm Popped up on twitter this again.

The confidence/arrogance the club had in the summer based on Marsch and Orta and his work lead to Radz saying this?

“This year, in my opinion, we’ve done a great job in the market and we have a very competitive team,” Radrizzani says. “The target I set is between 10th to 14th position. If we’re lucky, we are close to 10th or more. If we aren’t lucky, we are 15th. But I think we are in that range. I don’t want to have any more heart-attack risk.” But is there any chance in his mind of a relegation battle? “I don’t have any doubt that we’ll avoid a situation similar to last season,” he says. “It’s impossible.”
Blind vision.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:47 pm Popped up on twitter this again.

Apart from the horrendous decision to make Marsch manager then the recruitment of players would be the biggest failure last summer with Aaronsen and RK being very poor value for money, neither should be in the team at present. Sinisterra looks a good player but his injury record should have raised flags. Roca has been okay but nothing spectacular, no upgrade on Klich and marginally better than Forshaw. Adams has been the only real success and he is a midfielder with poor passing ability.

The January recruitment started well with Wober but McKennie and Rutter have huge question marks hanging over them.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:11 pm All 3 of those are winnable, depends on who the manager plays though, bringing Sinisterra on for 30 seconds on saturday isn't the way to win games, nor is having Gnonto on the bench.
Two players capable of scoring or creating goals.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:07 pm Apart from the horrendous decision to make Marsch manager then the recruitment of players would be the biggest failure last summer with Aaronsen and RK being very poor value for money, neither should be in the team at present. Sinisterra looks a good player but his injury record should have raised flags. Roca has been okay but nothing spectacular, no upgrade on Klich and marginally better than Forshaw. Adams has been the only real success and he is a midfielder with poor passing ability.

The January recruitment started well with Wober but McKennie and Rutter have huge question marks hanging over them.
Totally agree :tup:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Remaining fixtures
On paper we don't have the hardest run in
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Forest's last victory was against us seven games ago.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Everton have won one game in their last four matches.

Toffee's next three games : Chelsea (a), Manure (a), Spurs (h)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

No team in the bottom nine has gained more points than Leeds in their last three games.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:07 pm Apart from the horrendous decision to make Marsch manager then the recruitment of players would be the biggest failure last summer with Aaronsen and RK being very poor value for money, neither should be in the team at present. Sinisterra looks a good player but his injury record should have raised flags. Roca has been okay but nothing spectacular, no upgrade on Klich and marginally better than Forshaw. Adams has been the only real success and he is a midfielder with poor passing ability.

Fully agree

Recruitment is a massive problem and has been for years.

The man in charge being seemingly untouchable is a major reason we are where we are

The transfers over the last 12months have largely been poor value, poorly scouted and just poor.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Kristensen was 10M ? That's f**k all and very decent depth.. Marsch used him wrong too, you may get away with a centre back playing right back in Austria, it's unlikely to work in the Prem.

McKennie to me has looked our best centre mid, Adams looks rushed on the ball, very good off ball reader of the game but offers very little once in possession. We haven't found the best way to use Roca yet, really don't think that's as a KP replacement personally. It's Kalvin we haven't replaced and it's the key to everything. It could very easily be Gyabi, I think it probably is but then managers like experience over ability too much.

Klich has been under rated all his career, by both fans and managers. Only Bielsa was good enough to see it and make him a lynch pin
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:59 am Kristensen was 10M ? That's f**k all and very decent depth.. Marsch used him wrong too, you may get away with a centre back playing right back in Austria, it's unlikely to work in the Prem.

McKennie to me has looked our best centre mid, Adams looks rushed on the ball, very good off ball reader of the game but offers very little once in possession. We haven't found the best way to use Roca yet, really don't think that's as a KP replacement personally. It's Kalvin we haven't replaced and it's the key to everything. It could very easily be Gyabi, I think it probably is but then managers like experience over ability too much.

Klich has been under rated all his career, by both fans and managers. Only Bielsa was good enough to see it and make him a lynch pin
The reason I say RK was a waste of money is that it was £10m for a right back that I would suggest is 3rd choice at the club (if Drameh was still with us). It may be he is a better centreback but I wouldn't be rushing to start him there either. £10m for a journeyman squadfiller. Hugely disappointed with his lack of assists and goals given his record previously but I am guessing that was down to the quality of opposition he was playing against rather than him being brilliant.
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

weasel wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:39 pm The reason I say RK was a waste of money is that it was £10m for a right back that I would suggest is 3rd choice at the club (if Drameh was still with us). It may be he is a better centreback but I wouldn't be rushing to start him there either. £10m for a journeyman squadfiller. Hugely disappointed with his lack of assists and goals given his record previously but I am guessing that was down to the quality of opposition he was playing against rather than him being brilliant.
Denmark deployed him as a RWB and RM at the WC, but he looked rather “meh”. Perhaps why he came back with such low confidence after the tournament. I do suspect his best long-term position (if he’s going to stay in the Premiership) is probably as a CB.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

We could be bottom tomorrow.

Need favours from old adversaries Brighton and Brentford.

We need Brentford to wake up and beat Southampton (rather than letting them tickle there tummies like they did Everton).

And we could do with Brighton beating Crystal Palace to keep them bang in trouble.

Forest then play Newcastle on Friday, if results go our way then Wolves away takes on even greater significance.

A win could see us as high as 14th.

Downside is we are the 19th worst away side in the league with only 1 away win all season (at Anfield strangely).
Signed

King Cjay

Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

Palace have sacked Viera
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Finnatic wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:17 am Palace have sacked Viera
You beat me to Finn.
Not a complete surprise, theyare in free fall.
Not many games left for the new manager to turn things around
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden