The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 3rd February) Orta promised to match Leicester deal

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Pullhard
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 3rd February) Orta promised to match Leicester deal

Post by Pullhard »

Sounds like Jack's agent played a blinder and probably pocketed a few quid in the process.
Rook
First Team
First Team

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 3rd February) Orta promised to match Leicester deal

Post by Rook »

Forest have signed 29 players??!!!

:shock:
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Does Ayew count as a whole player being as he’s in his 70s
Pullhard
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Pullhard »

Rook wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:16 pm Forest have signed 29 players??!!!

:shock:
The people who provide the service to find houses for players and all the other things that go with a player move must be shattered from overwork.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

GreennWhite wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:40 pm So yet another conspiracy theory does the rounds. Lets have yet more negativity about the club, why dont we.

This stuff gets very boring day after day.
Not really a 'conspiracy' is it, just people discussing what might have happened, and Marsch's own comments point to an initial divergence of views on the Harrison sale.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:22 pm Dj Dan of Podcast fame has said ( hinted is probably a better word).

All is not well in the upper echelons of Elland Road management.

Despite the public shows of love etc there are disagreements.

Somebody at Elland Road with the power to do so allowed Jack Harrison to go to Leicester and start a medical, only a few people have the power to do that (Jesse Marsch isn't one).

Somebody then put a stop to that medical, again only a few have the power to do that.

I suspect not getting Zaniolo played a part.

But regardless of that someone at the club wanted to claw back some money and someone else said no.
You're basically saying life happens .... two people disagree and someone fucked up .... happens every day in all walks of life
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

I tend to look at segments of the season rather than focus on a single game. I think we need at least 7 points in the month of February. So technically Forrest is not a "must win". However, losing the next three would not be good. It would likely see us drop into the bottom three if not dead last. And that would likely force changes that could destabilize the club. Some here would be thrilled with that. But be careful what you wish for.

So Sebastian Salazar says that McKennie was hand picked by JM? First, I don't afford the guy much credibility. He's the Mexican/American version of Lalas and Wynalda. An arrogant little Douchebag with short mans complex. As the host of a show called Futbol Americas he mostly covers MLS and Liga MX. Along with the USA and Mexico National Teams. He knows exactly jack s**t about Leeds United.

But if JM hand picked Weston McKennie so what? People keep looking at this from an American player angle. How about we just focus on talent. We just signed a 24 year old STARTER from Juventus. A guy with 4 goals in 24 Champion's League appearances. A guy that has been forcing his way into the starting eleven at big clubs since he was 18 years old. It seems our alternative target was a 22 year kid that has played a season and a half of top flight football. For a crappy Angers side in the French League. He guy that had not really impressed until the World Cup. No matter the nationalities involved, that is a huge step down in pedigree. If you were the Manager which one would you want?
Football/Futbol/Soccer
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Pullhard wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:37 pm The people who provide the service to find houses for players and all the other things that go with a player move must be shattered from overwork.
I've done that before!!!
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:43 pm I tend to look at segments of the season rather than focus on a single game. I think we need at least 7 points in the month of February. So technically Forrest is not a "must win". However, losing the next three would not be good. It would likely see us drop into the bottom three if not dead last. And that would likely force changes that could destabilize the club. Some here would be thrilled with that. But be careful what you wish for.

So Sebastian Salazar says that McKennie was hand picked by JM? First, I don't afford the guy much credibility. He's the Mexican/American version of Lalas and Wynalda. An arrogant little Douchebag with short mans complex. As the host of a show called Futbol Americas he mostly covers MLS and Liga MX. Along with the USA and Mexico National Teams. He knows exactly jack s**t about Leeds United.

But if JM hand picked Weston McKennie so what? People keep looking at this from an American player angle. How about we just focus on talent. We just signed a 24 year old STARTER from Juventus. A guy with 4 goals in 24 Champion's League appearances. A guy that has been forcing his way into the starting eleven at big clubs since he was 18 years old. It seems our alternative target was a 22 year kid that has played a season and a half of top flight football. For a crappy Angers side in the French League. He guy that had not really impressed until the World Cup. No matter the nationalities involved, that is a huge step down in pedigree. If you were the Manager which one would you want?
I can see us beating Everton, and Southampton. The problem we have is our next three games. Forest away on Sunday, MU away next Wednesday, and MU at home next Sunday (week). The form guide usually goes against us.

Forest (away)
Man U (Away)
Man U (home)
Everton (Away)
Southampton (home)

formguide.jpg
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Only us and Everton winless in last six.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

SaraM wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:34 am We've not being getting the best out of Harrison under Marsch. He still has a lot to offer imo... hopefully they've realised that now... or are they just trying to up his value for selling in the summer...?
His best performances for Leeds have always been wide on the left. But Marsch doesn't want to play him there. Maybe he can become more consistent in a more central role.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

eastyorkshirewhite wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:38 am Maybe when they found out the nature of rodrigo,s injury it changed their mind.
They were chasing Zanilo and it didn't work out.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:22 pm They were chasing Zanilo and it didn't work out.
Could be, or as stated Rodrigo's injury played apart. Why that would be I have no idea as the only thing they have in common is being male and being predominantly left footed.

Blinder by his agent can't fault him.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:41 pm Could be, or as stated Rodrigo's injury played apart. Why that would be I have no idea as the only thing they have in common is being male and being predominantly left footed.

Blinder by his agent can't fault him.
Was it Kinnear or Marsch that coined the phrase?

"Warm Bodies"
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:21 pm His best performances for Leeds have always been wide on the left. But Marsch doesn't want to play him there. Maybe he can become more consistent in a more central role.
One of his greatest strengths is his first touch. Used to love seeing him bring down the cross balls from Phillips, and dart past a couple of defenders. His ball retention in tight spaces is also good, which could translate to playing centrally amongst Marsch's midfield chaos, but I'm not sure he has the spacial awareness or quick thinking to make that work, and he has struggled. I'd rather see him wide left again.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

SaraM wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:50 pm One of his greatest strengths is his first touch. Used to love seeing him bring down the cross balls from Phillips, and dart past a couple of defenders. His ball retention in tight spaces is also good, which could translate to playing centrally amongst Marsch's midfield chaos, but I'm not sure he has the spacial awareness or quick thinking to make that work, and he has struggled. I'd rather see him wide left again.
Marsch is reluctance is because Harrison is an old fashioned winger. He seems to like wide attackers in those roles. Sinisterra, Gnonto, Summerville, Rutter fit that profile better.

Early in his Leeds career, Marsch would just play a system that fit the players and Harrison could play out wide. Now, he's had chance to bring in several of his own. And I only see Harrison now playing in the middle.

Of course, players usually stay at a club longer than managers. Might be a different man in charge next season with Harrison playing as a winger again. I keep saying that even Dan James might still have a future here if we change managers.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:07 pm Marsch is reluctance is because Harrison is an old fashioned winger. He seems to like wide attackers in those roles. Sinisterra, Gnonto, Summerville, Rutter fit that profile better.

Early in his Leeds career, Marsch would just play a system that fit the players and Harrison could play out wide. Now, he's had chance to bring in several of his own. And I only see Harrison now playing in the middle.

Of course, players usually stay at a club longer than managers. Might be a different man in charge next season with Harrison playing as a winger again. I keep saying that even Dan James might still have a future here if we change managers.
Yes, and agree re Dan James too.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Ellandback1 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:35 pm
Nice handbag
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:35 pm
Dressed in a duvet :lol: