RIP Twiggster

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
hector

Re: RIP Twiggster

Post by hector »

B@stard wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:43 pm Not seen or heard anything from him, or about him for years.

Anyway, I'm sure he won't mind being remembered as a daft old bullshitting twat :tup:

RIP Bill.
Are you trying to say that you didn't believe his stories about Diana Rigg?? ;-)
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Just seen this very sad news on Twitter.

Twiggs along with likes of Anna, (LUFCRACE) also welcomed me on this forum several years back now and it felt like a real family thereafter.

For a variety of reasons I’m very rarely on here these days unfortunately but I just wanted to come on today to express my condolences.

RIP Twiggs
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
B@stard
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by B@stard »

hector wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:47 pm Are you trying to say that you didn't believe his stories about Diana Rigg?? ;-)
TBF, I still have nightmares about the time he refused a multi million pound record deal as he wouldn't let the record label owner bum him on his private yacht.

I'll honest too, I wasn't convinced about his stinky fingers from fingering Thatcher, she always came across as quite hygienic.
I am the voice of reason...
Toby
First Team
First Team

Post by Toby »

RIP
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gurj wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:49 pm Just seen this very sad news on Twitter.

Twiggs along with likes of Anna, (LUFCRACE) also welcomed me on this forum several years back now and it felt like a real family thereafter.

For a variety of reasons I’m very rarely on here these days unfortunately but I just wanted to come on today to express my condolences.

RIP Twiggs
Thank you Gurj :tup:

Cheltenham Festival in ten days time :-D
Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

Just a dreadful weekend. Was really gutted to hear of Simon's passing and now Twiggster.

RIP Twiggy. MOT.
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

Twiggs and others welcomed me to the online Leeds United community so long ago. Billy was always passionate in his views, and loved him for that even if I didn't agree all the time. I am very sad my friend is gone from this world, but know that he is causing a ruckus in the next.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
CSA
First Team
First Team

Post by CSA »

Haven't posted on here for quite a while, but feel I must post my condolences to a legend, he is the reason I came on here in the first place, he made this forum and it probably wouldn't have existed without him, he was a passionate Leeds fan and a passionate music fan, although our musical tasted were diffrent I loved to get into debate with him, one thing we never debated was our love for LUFC sleep well Twiggs the worlds a poorer place without you.
Lufcheidi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @FollowMeAndLUFC

Post by Lufcheidi »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:51 pm Having lost another dear friend I met through Leeds United on Friday it’s with a great deal of sadness that today I learned of the passing of Twiggster. His wife posted on Facebook that after a short illness he sadly passed away peacefully.

Twiggs hasn’t posted of MOT for a few years, but he is the reason this place exists and the reason that many of our longstanding members are here. When I went to university in South Wales back in 2001, I felt pretty detached from Leeds United down there. No Look North or YEP which were the main sources of Leeds news back then. So, I started looked on the internet and found MOT.

The forum used to be part of another site, but that site had disappeared from the web and was kept going by energy and enthusiasm of Twiggs. And here we are 20 years later, all thanks to Twiggs.

I hadn’t seen Marina’s message until I saw your post. He always commented on my blogs and after my hip op. Very sad news.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Very sad news. I too joined MOT along with Leon and a few others due to Twiggs. I met him a couple of times, I live in Bramley and of course he was born and bred in Bramley and his family are still here. Had a pint with him a few years back and he met Thomas. He was certainly a character and had plenty of tales to tell.

RIP Twiggs (Billy Leeds)

:bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Original_Adi_B
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Original_Adi_B »

RIP mate.

Thought I would come back and pay my respects to a lovely man.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Good to see some old names paying their tributes to Twiggs
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

Very sad news.
I enjoyed many interactions with him on here and other sites over the years.
RIP Twigs.
There Is Only One United.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Crude wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:10 pm Twiggs and others welcomed me to the online Leeds United community so long ago. Billy was always passionate in his views, and loved him for that even if I didn't agree all the time. I am very sad my friend is gone from this world, but know that he is causing a ruckus in the next.
Good to see you back Crude, albeit sad circumstances.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

CSA wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:25 pm Haven't posted on here for quite a while, but feel I must post my condolences to a legend, he is the reason I came on here in the first place, he made this forum and it probably wouldn't have existed without him, he was a passionate Leeds fan and a passionate music fan, although our musical tasted were diffrent I loved to get into debate with him, one thing we never debated was our love for LUFC sleep well Twiggs the worlds a poorer place without you.
Good to hear from you CSA with your tribute to dear Twiggs. :tup:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

hector wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:47 pm Are you trying to say that you didn't believe his stories about Diana Rigg?? ;-)
Our very own Walter Mitty. We never really got on on forumland but RIP.
Last edited by The Subhuman on Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

Condolences to his family and friends.

RIP
Gelderdender2
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Gelderdender2 »

Have come on to pay my respects to Bill. Last time I saw him we had several beers at the Prince of Wales pub in Cardiff before the Watford PO final. We had our ups and downs to use Leeds terminology but deep down he was a decent guy and the life blood of this forum for a long time. That’s 2 good friends we’ve lost this weekend puts things into perspective. Lost touch with him but nevertheless a sad day a true character.

R.I.P. Twiggs
patlufc
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by patlufc »

RIP Twiggs,
we had some fun nights on here. Condolences to his friends and family.

Pat
EVERYTHINGLEEDS
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Twiggs was the driving force of this forum when I first joined 11/12 years ago. Used to have some great craic with him, Ang (BB) and Anna amongst others in the old chat room on a Friday night. Sad news, my condolences to his family
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson