Heidi's blogs.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Lufcheidi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @FollowMeAndLUFC

Re: Heidi's blog

Post by Lufcheidi »

Leeds United v Brighton 11th March 2023 at Elland Road
After getting picked up on time by my daughter and granddaughters, everything was going smoothly as we called for something to eat at the White Rose before heading to the ground. The sudden realisation that I’d left my parking permit behind made me want to kick myself and then to cap it all, the scooter wouldn’t work once we got it out of the car. To say I was stressing was an understatement because instead of being at Billy’s statue to meet family, it was a case of trying to find out what the issue was. A big thank you to Care and Co, Leeds where we purchased the scooter from as they were able to sort the problem very quickly. Although the kids went into the ground earlier, we got in just as the team were already on the pitch where we found we had a great view next to the corner flag near the tunnel.
Team: Meslier, Ayling (captain), Koch, Wöber, Firpo, Harrison, Bamford, Aaronson, Summerville, Adams and Roca.
Subs: Rodrigo for Bamford (66), Gnonto for Summerville (66), McKennie for Roca (66), Rutter for Aaronson (84), Sinisterra for Harrison (90).
Subs not used: Robles, Struijk, Kristensen, Greenwood.
Leeds drew the game 2-2 with Bamford (41) and Harrison (78) scoring for Leeds. Harrison was also credited with scoring an own goal for Brighton (61).
Attendance: 36,471 with approx 2,900 Brighton fans.
Referee: Paul Tierney.
Booked: Firpo.
Although Leeds started off on the attack, Brighton were the ones to take the game by the scruff of the neck putting the Leeds defence under pressure with their constant attacks. It wasn’t a surprise as they took the lead when they created some space in the penalty area to head the ball into the net. That seemed to knock the stuffing out of us as we seemed to hang back in the middle of the pitch, not challenging Brighton and letting them dictate the play for the next ten minutes. When boos started in the Kop, then chants of “what the f**k is going on” started, I was desperate for us to get behind the team at this time and become the twelfth man. As the chants died down, Harrison won the ball on the left hand side of the pitch, passed to Bamford, who gave an answer with a fantastic shot that hit the crossbar in front of the South Stand and went into the net. What a great goal and what a good time to get it just before the break. The half ended after both sides had further chances but we went in with the scores level.
Leeds came out strongly at the start of the second half where we had a lot of play. We attacked the Brighton goal with Aaronson having a shot saved then Harrison and Ayling having a shot blocked and the other going over the bar respectively. Brighton scored a second goal against the run of play as they had luck with deflections with the last one off Harrison to increase their lead. That was a blow as I didn’t think we deserved to be behind again at that point. Leeds made a triple substitution on 66 minutes with Rodrigo, McKennie and Gnonto coming on to replace Bamford, Roca and Summerville. Meslier made a good save to keep Brighton from increasing their lead and then Leeds equalised with another spectacular goal this time from Harrison. Even though I didn’t like the short corners we were taking all the time, it was Gnonto’s quick one to Harrison at the edge of the box that we scored from. It was important that Brighton didn’t get another goal and we had to battle to keep the scores level. At the end of the game although we didn’t get the win, we scored two cracking goals which will hopefully bring confidence to the side and one point is better than none. We have to remember that we don’t need to try and walk the ball into the net but when they have a chance on goal, we should shoot on sight.
I know we have slipped back into the bottom three today, but we can build on what we are doing under Gracia. I’ve been there supporting Leeds United for over 50 years through the ups and downs and I know how frustrating it can be when we aren’t playing well. If we can play our part during the games getting behind them 100% and being the twelfth man, we can survive in my opinion. That isn’t having a go at anyone for their opinions, but when we are all on the same page, we can make things work in our favour. See you at Wolves, LUFC – Marching on Together!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Heidi's blog Leeds United v Brighton 11th March 2023 at Stamford Bridge

Post by 1964white »

Heidi, you could do without all that aggravation prior to a game, it's stressful enough watching Leeds United.

I wish I could feel as positive about our future, as you do.

Great photos as ever :-D
Lufcheidi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Heidi's blog Leeds United v Brighton 11th March 2023 at Stamford Bridge

Post by Lufcheidi »

1964white wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:32 pm Heidi, you could do without all that aggravation prior to a game, it's stressful enough watching Leeds United.

I wish I could feel as positive about our future, as you do.

Great photos as ever :-D
Thank you. I'm my own worst enemy at times I think lol. I wasn't positive with Marsch here because the writing was on the wall and all I could see was relegation. For some reason I feel a lot calmer and more positive at the moment so fingers crossed my gut feeling works out well for us.
Lufcheidi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Heidi's blog: Leeds United v Brighton 11th March 2023

Post by Lufcheidi »

Wolverhampton Wanderers (Wolves) v Leeds United 18th March 2023
I was very tearful setting off to the game today. It is always hard at this time of year for my family as yesterday would have been my daughter Charlotte’s birthday, but she sadly died from an undiagnosed heart defect at 17 days old. Not many people can say they had their birth announced live on TV by Greavsie. The Square Ball shared the recording on Twitter on what would have been her 30th birthday two years ago and it keeps her memory alive. He said I’d seen more action than they had at Highbury for the Arsenal v Leeds game after missing my first game in 7 years. She also attended her first game at six days old. Leeds United in 1991 were a family club, being inclusive and trying to encourage families to games. The family stand at that point was in the south stand and there was a creche there run by the council. As well as Charlotte (the youngest fan), other fans brought their babies and children to the games to be looked after during the game and Lee Chapman also left his children there. Having never shied away from telling these stories, I received a lot of stick this last few days on one of the message boards which on top of everything else, hit me hard. If it wouldn’t be something you’d do fine, but that was our choice as a family. Back then nobody batted an eyelid as we all wanted to bring our children up as Leeds fans and it also meant we were able to introduce her to friends we only saw at games. My middle daughter Danielle had a procedure yesterday too as she faces major surgery once again. Once I knew she was ok and wasn’t going to end up in hospital with pancreatitis like she did the last time she endured this, I just burst into tears and then I couldn’t stop. On top of my husband having terminal cancer and myself recovering from my recent hip operation, we don’t do things by halves so it was not surprising that I ended up in the doldrums today. I needed my Leeds United friends and family today more than ever and I just want to thank all those people who have taken the time to support me today either online or in person. Yes there were still plenty of tears, especially going into the ground, just because of the kind words from Phil, Raki and Steve that were greatly appreciated. This is what makes our support and yes there will always be some that disagree with you which is fine but, I would rather treat people how I want to be treated and be proud of who I am. Apologies for the rant but it is needed.
The team today also made us proud with their battling performance and win and it is certainly what the doctor ordered. This was so needed and thank you for standing up and being counted too. Talking before the game, I wasn’t going to jinx Leeds by predicting any score but it was unanimous that so much damage had been caused to the team under Marsch’s tenure that we were slowly rebuilding again.
Team: Ayling (captain), Firpo, Koch, Wöber, McKennie, Aaronson, Bamford, Harrison, Gnonto, Meslier, Roca.
Subs: Kristensen for Gnonto (62), Rodrigo for Bamford (67), Summerville for Aaronson (81), Struijk for Firpo (81).
Subs not used: Robles, Cooper, Rutter, Gray, Sinisterra.
Leeds won the game 4-2 with goals from Harrison (6), Ayling (50), Kristensen (62), Rodrigo (90+7).
Attendance: 31,570, 3,012 Leeds fans.
Referee: Michael Salisbury.
Booked: Ayling, Firpo, McKennie, Roca.
Gnonto was in fine form attacking down the wing to the far end of the pitch in front of the Leeds fans. He made another fantastic run getting to the bye line then pulling the ball back in to the middle for Harrison to get on the end of and hit a cracking ball into the net to give us an early lead. We led a charmed life today at times but the battling and team performance were there. Meslier making vital saves with others blocking the ball to keep it out of the net. It was end to end at times but we made it to half time still with the one goal lead. Leeds had been calming the game down during the half with Meslier taking his time with goal kicks which incensed the Wolves support but it was vital for us to keep control that way.
Within five minutes of the second half we had increased our lead but not before we thought Wolves had equalised although the goal was disallowed for offside.. When Roca took the corner in front of me I shouted at him to get the ball straight into the net. Well it wasn’t quite like that but the ball reached Ayling at the far post who headed the ball into the net which the Leeds fans celebrated wildly. With Harrison having a shot blocked on the line and Roca’s shot going just wide, Leeds were continuing to put Wolves under pressure. Kristensen replaced Gnonto and within a minute had increased our lead through sheer persistence when he hit the ball low into the net. As some Wolves fans to the right of us walked out of the ground at this point, maybe they should have stayed a little longer as Wolves pulled one back. Meslier headed the ball clear only for Roca’s pass to go straight to a Wolves player. He hit a long range shot but with Meslier so far out he couldn’t prevent the goal from going in. Meslier made a fantastic save to keep them out but could do nothing when they got another goal shortly after when the ball hit Wöber, deflecting it into the net. To say I’ve been stressed recently, I was actually very calm although I didn’t want Wolves to get an equaliser. They were putting some good runs in down the far side but Leeds stood firm with everyone standing up to be counted. When they ran at Leeds again, their player followed through with a bad foul on Ayling which on being reviewed by VAR saw his yellow card overturned for a red. With seven minutes of injury time which turned into 14 minutes, Summerville with some good play down the opposite side to us, passed the ball for Rodrigo who ran forwards chipping the ball over the keeper to gives us a fourth goal. VAR got involved again but after going to look at the screen, the referee decided his decision was correct and the goal was allowed. Things kicked off on the Wolves bench and it looked like he’d lost control of the game then but he sent off one of the Wolves reserves.
Eventually the game did finish and Leeds had got a precious win and three points sending us back up to 14th in the table. There isn’t a lot in between all the teams in the bottom half of the table so the points made a big difference as we head into the international break. After seeing fans questioning Gnonto being subbed, I think we are nurturing both him and Bamford to ensure they keep fit. Gnonto took quite a few knocks again today and Bamford was thrown around so it is vital we look after them going forward. What I’ve seen from the team are that our fitness levels have increased but also there is a togetherness as they play like a team once again and I think we can thank Gracia for instilling the belief back in to them too. I like the fact that he doesn’t throw the players under the bus and doesn’t spout a load of nonsense. Sadly there aren’t as many photos today due to me being told that Wolves do not allow cameras at the ground and couldn’t take photos. They were also targetting fans with their mobiles too which is a shame. The fan experience brings the game to life through the photos but I suppose that’s one disadvantage with me being in a prominent position at the front of the stand. I’ll have to see if I can get permission to be the official fans photographer for Leeds United!! Well if you don’t ask, you don’t get, see you after the break with our visit to Arsenal. LUFC – Marching on Together!
Last edited by Lufcheidi on Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
1964white

Re: Heidi's blog: Wolverhampton Wanderers (Wolves) v Leeds United 18th March 2023

Post by 1964white »

Sorry to hear about your family grief & also the inexcusable mocking you endured from one particular forum.

Anyway, I'm glad you managed to remain calm, I have to say I can't remember feeling so stressed watching a Leeds game, I felt absolutely exhausted come the final whistle.

What a fantastic result, so glad for Javi, our players & fans especially against that dirty Wolves lot. Jack & Luke could quite easily have suffered career changing injuries yesterday.

MOTD pundits proclaimed Wolves & their fans had nothing to moan about, nice to see them backing Leeds up from all the evils of the football world. Like Villa, I detest Wolves as much as scum.
Lufcheidi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Heidi's blog: Wolverhampton Wanderers (Wolves) v Leeds United 18th March 2023

Post by Lufcheidi »

1964white wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:58 am Sorry to hear about your family grief & also the inexcusable mocking you endured from one particular forum.

Anyway, I'm glad you managed to remain calm, I have to say I can't remember feeling so stressed watching a Leeds game, I felt absolutely exhausted come the final whistle.

What a fantastic result, so glad for Javi, our players & fans especially against that dirty Wolves lot. Jack & Luke could quite easily have suffered career changing injuries yesterday.

MOTD pundits proclaimed Wolves & their fans had nothing to moan about, nice to see them backing Leeds up from all the evils of the football world. Like Villa, I detest Wolves as much as scum.
Thank you. I can't believe how calm I felt to be honest but think I must have used up all my stress. That saying from when they got their first goal, every minute dragged after that but ending up with 14 minutes injury time in the end too is ridiculous.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Lufcheidi wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:15 am Thank you. I can't believe how calm I felt to be honest but think I must have used up all my stress. That saying from when they got their first goal, every minute dragged after that but ending up with 14 minutes injury time in the end too is ridiculous.
The majority of the extra five minutes added onto seven minutes initial added-on time was down to the VAR check for Rodrigo's goal & all the protests & aggravation caused by the Wolves players, subs & coaches, it was a complete shambles!
Lufcheidi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Lufcheidi »

1964white wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:26 am The majority of the extra five minutes added onto seven minutes initial added-on time was down to the VAR check for Rodrigo's goal & all the protests & aggravation caused by the Wolves players, subs & coaches, it was a complete shambles!
Yes I realised but it makes a mockery of the 90 minutes of football now.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

A very emotional post Heidi, Thank you for sharing with us. It must have been a very difficult time for you, not to mention abuse you received from disgusting people on another forum.
At least our boys pulled off a win for you.....
Lufcheidi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Lufcheidi »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:32 pm A very emotional post Heidi, Thank you for sharing with us. It must have been a very difficult time for you, not to mention abuse you received from disgusting people on another forum.
At least our boys pulled off a win for you.....
Thank you and the win has done wonders. Keep fighting as the sign in the dressing room used to say.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

You probably won’t remember Heidi, but we have spoken at Elland Road before, my wife and I also lost our baby daughter. Our daughter would have been 13 now. Unsurprisingly, you took my photo at the time, and apparently, according to my wife I ‘didn’t look too bad on it’ 😳.

At least we got a decent result for you yesterday 👍
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Lufcheidi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Lufcheidi »

Barlow Boy wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:32 pm You probably won’t remember Heidi, but we have spoken at Elland Road before, my wife and I also lost our baby daughter. Our daughter would have been 13 now. Unsurprisingly, you took my photo at the time, and apparently, according to my wife I ‘didn’t look too bad on it’ 😳.

At least we got a decent result for you yesterday 👍

I remember faces rather than names but if we bump into each other again please ask for another photo! Sorry to hear about your daughter too and by opening up about our Charlotte's death, sadly I've found out so many others have gone through the same trauma. I find it helps to talk about her though and she was part of our lives even though too short a time. Glad your wife liked the photo!!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Lufcheidi wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:14 am Wolverhampton Wanderers (Wolves) v Leeds United 18th March 2023
I was very tearful setting off to the game today. It is always hard at this time of year for my family as yesterday would have been my daughter Charlotte’s birthday, but she sadly died from an undiagnosed heart defect at 17 days old. Not many people can say they had their birth announced live on TV by Greavsie. The Square Ball shared the recording on Twitter on what would have been her 30th birthday two years ago and it keeps her memory alive. He said I’d seen more action than they had at Highbury for the Arsenal v Leeds game after missing my first game in 7 years. She also attended her first game at six days old. Leeds United in 1991 were a family club, being inclusive and trying to encourage families to games. The family stand at that point was in the south stand and there was a creche there run by the council. As well as Charlotte (the youngest fan), other fans brought their babies and children to the games to be looked after during the game and Lee Chapman also left his children there. Having never shied away from telling these stories I received a lot of stick this last few days on one of the message boards which on top of everything else, hit me hard. If it wouldn’t be something you’d do fine, but that was our choice as a family. Back then nobody batted an eyelid as we all wanted to bring our children up as Leeds fans and it also meant we were able to introduce her to friends we only saw at games. My middle daughter Danielle had a procedure yesterday too as she faces major surgery once again. Once I knew she was ok and wasn’t going to end up in hospital with pancreatitis like she did the last time she endured this, I just burst into tears and then I couldn’t stop. On top of my husband having terminal cancer and myself recovering from my recent hip operation, we don’t do things by halves so it was not surprising that I ended up in the doldrums today. I needed my Leeds United friends and family today more than ever and I just want to thank all those people who have taken the time to support me today either online or in person. Yes there were still plenty of tears, especially going into the ground, just because of the kind words from Phil, Raki and Steve that were greatly appreciated. This is what makes our support and yes there will always be some that disagree with you which is fine but, I would rather treat people how I want to be treated and be proud of who I am. Apologies for the rant but it is needed.
The team today also made us proud with their battling performance and win and it is certainly what the doctor ordered. This was so needed and thank you for standing up and being counted too. Talking before the game, I wasn’t going to jinx Leeds by predicting any score but it was unanimous that so much damage had been caused to the team under Marsch’s tenure that we were slowly rebuilding again.
I didn't like to ask which message board it was, but I can guess who you are referring to, Heidi.

I know some good people on the dark side, as I renamed it as I refused to advertise them, they don't need any publicity anyway. I ceased posting on there, due to the name-calling & the criticism received (as one may have a different opinion) from certain knobs in particular. Like you, I tend to use the site for information purposes only.
Lufcheidi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Lufcheidi »

1964white wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:40 am I didn't like to ask which message board it was, but I can guess who you are referring to, Heidi.

I know some good people on the dark side, as I renamed it as I refused to advertise them, they don't need any publicity anyway. I ceased posting on there, due to the name-calling & the criticism received (as one may have a different opinion) from certain knobs in particular. Like you, I tend to use the site for information purposes only.
I get a lot of information from there but I do tend to read a lot and not post on certain threads because I am not raising my head on them so know what you mean. It would be hard to wean myself off it but at the moment we have just moved house and we are living in temporary hotel accommodation so everything is all over the place so haven't been on as much.
Lufcheidi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Lufcheidi »

Arsenal v Leeds United 1st April 2023 at the Emirates
As we headed to London early morning, I knew were facing a traumatic week. With the anniversary of my baby daughter’s sudden death at 17 days old from an undiagnosed heart defect on 4th April, we are also facing the 23rd anniversary of the murders of Chris and Kev in Istanbul on 5th April. There was also a video on the Leeds United website relating to the latter today and my heart goes out to the friends and families of Chris and Kev and anyone caught up in the atrocities.Apologies for the blog being late for those who read it, but moving house this week has meant we are in temporary hotel accommodation for a couple of weeks. As someone said, we don’t do thing by half in our family. As well as my husband’s terminal cancer diagnosis, my hip operation, learning our daughter needed major surgery again, we also moved house. No wonder things have been a little stressful! I had my follow up with the specialist on Thursday and whilst doing very well with my recovery in reality, I still have to be very careful for at least another 6 weeks. No sitting low down for instance which I realised had been an issue with our move as I ended up in a lot of pain again plus I have to be careful of not getting knocked. I also realised how vulnerable I have become when I had to step on stone flags when it was raining. After having a bad fall on the ice and was fallen on at Aston Villa earlier in the year, using the sticks makes me feel more secure. Using the scooter makes me feel safe as I am not up to standing amongst people in a crowd again as yet. I am still having issues with dizziness as happened again before the game so I know I still have a long way to go. I may look confident when I am in my happy place amongst our fans at games, but at times I feel very fragile. Thank you for all your support again which is greatly appreciated as usual. It was nice to meet rb7skills from Chicago at the game who I follow on Instagram. This young man in my opinion, will be a future Leeds player and it is good to see a young lad dedicated to his football training. As Eddie Gray said at a Legends do last week, you don’t see young lads playing football in the streets all day like they used to do.Team: Meslier, Ayling (captain), Koch, Struijk, Firpo, Aaronson, Kristensen, Harrison, Summerville, Roca, Sinisterra.Subs: McKennie for Aaronson (66), Rodrigo for Sinisterra (66), Cooper for Koch (74), Rutter for Summerville (74), Bamford for Harrison (85).Subs not used: Robles, Gray, Gyabi, Greenwood.Leeds lost the game 4-1 with Kristensen scoring for Leeds (76).Referee: Darren England.Booked: Koch, Bamford.Firstly, I want to say sorry to the Leeds fan whose foot I ran over in the concourse. Yes I do need L plates with the scooter but thanks to a lovely Leeds fan and a steward for guiding me through the crowd which helped. That said, for a modern ground this is very poor with accessible toilets not in easy reach of the disability bays. At first I thought there was only one available in the stand but found out at the end of the game there was another in the corner. Also there wasn’t much room to manoeuvre in the bay area either. A badly designed ground in my opinion but I suppose I’m only more aware of these things by using a mobility scooter at the moment.With injuries to Adams, Woeber and Gnonto, changes were made to the team by Gracia, where it looked like we had packed our defence out. We got off to a good start with Kristensen having a shot saved by their keeper. We looked quite solid and were frustrating Arsenal so they were limited with chances. Roca saw their keeper save his shot before a chance fell for Harrison after a good run by Summerville but the angle was too narrow. We had looked in control of the game but it turned on its head when the referee gave a penalty after their player was caught by Ayling just after the half hour mark. Their player stopped at the last minute meaning Meslier committed himself as the ball hit the middle of the goal. Luckily they didn’t score a second goal straight after it. Meslier was quick out of his goal to intercept a ball only for them to lob the ball goal wards where Ayling cleared it off the line. I didn’t think we deserved to be losing at the break but the penalty had given Arsenal a boost and hope. After eventually getting back into the stand I was told to go back out again as they’d scored a second goal straight from kick off. That was going to make it harder to get back into the game. They got a third goal and by that time it looked like we were going for damaged limitations. Although Meslier pulled off a great save to deny them a fourth, we pulled one back with a strike by Kristensen from the edge of the box. I said we would draw 3-3 then but sadly it was Arsenal who got a fourth goal to put the game out of our reach. I was full of hope after the first half hour of the game but the penalty decision changed the course of the game.With four out of the next five games at home we need to take advantage of this and have the Leeds fans become the twelfth man as the end of the season gets closer. Against Nottingham Forest the same will happen as today, Leeds fans will turn their backs for Chris and Kev on the 23rd minute before we take on Crystal Palace next Sunday where their families will be in attendance. See you there, LUFC - Marching on Together!
I'm sorry to say but the best laid plans don't work as unfortunately the portable SD card reader I bought doesn't work with my laptop so will post photos as soon as I can.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Lufcheidi wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:55 pm Arsenal v Leeds United 1st April 2023 at the Emirates
As we headed to London early morning, I knew were facing a traumatic week. With the anniversary of my baby daughter’s sudden death at 17 days old from an undiagnosed heart defect on 4th April, we are also facing the 23rd anniversary of the murders of Chris and Kev in Istanbul on 5th April. There was also a video on the Leeds United website relating to the latter today and my heart goes out to the friends and families of Chris and Kev and anyone caught up in the atrocities.Apologies for the blog being late for those who read it, but moving house this week has meant we are in temporary hotel accommodation for a couple of weeks. As someone said, we don’t do thing by half in our family. As well as my husband’s terminal cancer diagnosis, my hip operation, learning our daughter needed major surgery again, we also moved house. No wonder things have been a little stressful! I had my follow up with the specialist on Thursday and whilst doing very well with my recovery in reality, I still have to be very careful for at least another 6 weeks. No sitting low down for instance which I realised had been an issue with our move as I ended up in a lot of pain again plus I have to be careful of not getting knocked. I also realised how vulnerable I have become when I had to step on stone flags when it was raining. After having a bad fall on the ice and was fallen on at Aston Villa earlier in the year, using the sticks makes me feel more secure. Using the scooter makes me feel safe as I am not up to standing amongst people in a crowd again as yet. I am still having issues with dizziness as happened again before the game so I know I still have a long way to go. I may look confident when I am in my happy place amongst our fans at games, but at times I feel very fragile. Thank you for all your support again which is greatly appreciated as usual. It was nice to meet rb7skills from Chicago at the game who I follow on Instagram. This young man in my opinion, will be a future Leeds player and it is good to see a young lad dedicated to his football training. As Eddie Gray said at a Legends do last week, you don’t see young lads playing football in the streets all day like they used to do.Team: Meslier, Ayling (captain), Koch, Struijk, Firpo, Aaronson, Kristensen, Harrison, Summerville, Roca, Sinisterra.Subs: McKennie for Aaronson (66), Rodrigo for Sinisterra (66), Cooper for Koch (74), Rutter for Summerville (74), Bamford for Harrison (85).Subs not used: Robles, Gray, Gyabi, Greenwood.Leeds lost the game 4-1 with Kristensen scoring for Leeds (76).Referee: Darren England.Booked: Koch, Bamford.Firstly, I want to say sorry to the Leeds fan whose foot I ran over in the concourse. Yes I do need L plates with the scooter but thanks to a lovely Leeds fan and a steward for guiding me through the crowd which helped. That said, for a modern ground this is very poor with accessible toilets not in easy reach of the disability bays. At first I thought there was only one available in the stand but found out at the end of the game there was another in the corner. Also there wasn’t much room to manoeuvre in the bay area either. A badly designed ground in my opinion but I suppose I’m only more aware of these things by using a mobility scooter at the moment.With injuries to Adams, Woeber and Gnonto, changes were made to the team by Gracia, where it looked like we had packed our defence out. We got off to a good start with Kristensen having a shot saved by their keeper. We looked quite solid and were frustrating Arsenal so they were limited with chances. Roca saw their keeper save his shot before a chance fell for Harrison after a good run by Summerville but the angle was too narrow. We had looked in control of the game but it turned on its head when the referee gave a penalty after their player was caught by Ayling just after the half hour mark. Their player stopped at the last minute meaning Meslier committed himself as the ball hit the middle of the goal. Luckily they didn’t score a second goal straight after it. Meslier was quick out of his goal to intercept a ball only for them to lob the ball goal wards where Ayling cleared it off the line. I didn’t think we deserved to be losing at the break but the penalty had given Arsenal a boost and hope. After eventually getting back into the stand I was told to go back out again as they’d scored a second goal straight from kick off. That was going to make it harder to get back into the game. They got a third goal and by that time it looked like we were going for damaged limitations. Although Meslier pulled off a great save to deny them a fourth, we pulled one back with a strike by Kristensen from the edge of the box. I said we would draw 3-3 then but sadly it was Arsenal who got a fourth goal to put the game out of our reach. I was full of hope after the first half hour of the game but the penalty decision changed the course of the game.With four out of the next five games at home we need to take advantage of this and have the Leeds fans become the twelfth man as the end of the season gets closer. Against Nottingham Forest the same will happen as today, Leeds fans will turn their backs for Chris and Kev on the 23rd minute before we take on Crystal Palace next Sunday where their families will be in attendance. See you there, LUFC - Marching on Together!
I'm sorry to say but the best laid plans don't work as unfortunately the portable SD card reader I bought doesn't work with my laptop so will post photos as soon as I can.
My god Heidi, no wonder you are so stressed, when it rains it pours, hopefully calmer waters are destined for you & your family. You take care!

As for the game, even my optimistic self thought a draw would be beyond us, especially without our three most consistent players in our line-up. Wober was a massive absentee. The game reminded me of our cup game at the Emirates, when we were so impressive in the first-half, only for the gooners to nick a goal for their victory in the second-half. You will no doubt remember our last victory at Arsenal in 2003/4 when Viduka scored the winning goal in a thrilling 2-3 victory.
Lufcheidi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Lufcheidi »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:30 pm My god Heidi, no wonder you are so stressed, when it rains it pours, hopefully calmer waters are destined for you & your family. You take care!

As for the game, even my optimistic self thought a draw would be beyond us, especially without our three most consistent players in our line-up. Wober was a massive absentee. The game reminded me of our cup game at the Emirates, when we were so impressive in the first-half, only for the gooners to nick a goal for their victory in the second-half. You will no doubt remember our last victory at Arsenal in 2003/4 when Viduka scored the winning goal in a thrilling 2-3 victory.
Maybe I should take into account that other teams are doing well but old habits die hard. As far as I’m concerned anyone can be beaten on the day but as always we are the team others want to beat.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Lufcheidi wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:59 pm Maybe I should take into account that other teams are doing well but old habits die hard. As far as I’m concerned anyone can be beaten on the day but as always we are the team others want to beat.
Just as our unexpected results against Chelsea & Liverpool this season, my thoughts are Arsenal & Citeh, are miles ahead of the rest of the Premier League teams, our defeat wasn't for a lack of effort, the class of the gooners & silly errors cost us in the end, Heidi.
Lufcheidi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Heidi's blog: Arsenal v Leeds United 1st April 2023

Post by Lufcheidi »

Leeds United v Nottingham Forest 4th April 2023 at Elland Road
A big thank you for all the support given to my family on what is a very challenging day for us today. As always this is greatly appreciated and shows what the Leeds United family means to us. The hugs were very welcome as well as all the chats. The turning of backs for Chris and Kev on the 23rd minute tonight was very moving as the whole stadium came together. As soon as everyone turned back to the pitch the sobs caught in my throat as the tears fell. It can never be underestimated what this time of year means to people. My thoughts are with the families of both Chris and Kev and anyone caught up in the horrific atrocities; they will never be forgotten.
I will post up the photos for both the Arsenal and Forest games as soon as I have an SD card reader for my laptop. One was supposed to arrive yesterday which of course, has not!
Team: Meslier, Ayling (captain), Koch, Struijk, Firpo, Aaronson, Bamford, Harrison, McKennie, Roca and Sinisterra.
Subs: Summerville for Aaronson (74), Rodrigo for Sinisterra (74), Kristensen for Bamford (90).
Subs not used: Robles, Greenwood, Gyabi, Gnonto, Cooper, Rutter.
Leeds won the game 2-1 with Harrison (20) and Sinisterra (45) scoring for Leeds.
Attendance, 36,740 with approx. 2,900 Forest fans.
Referee: Robert Jones.
Booked: Summerville.
The game had already kicked off as we made our way across the front of the Kop and across the pitch to the East Stand. As my daughter said, it was a funny West Stand as I’d told her I was in there; it obviously pays to look at your ticket! After slipping back into the bottom three last night due to Everton gaining a point, I’d said it isn’t over until you can’t change anything and with four out of five of the next games at home, we needed to take advantage of that. Leeds set off on the attack towards the South Stand in the opening stages of the game. When Forest had an attack as the ball came out to their player on the touchline in front of us, he was offside. Unfortunately for us, the linesman was behind play so missed it as they scored. Why VAR was nowhere to be seen again was a mystery but no doubt, it depends on who you are as to how often they get involved. It meant we had to do things the hard way again as we continued to attack and were rewarded eight minutes later. Roca saw his shot parried by their keeper, but Harrison hammered the rebound into the net to give us that welcome equaliser. We continued to attack and when I shouted for us to get the ball into the net again before half time, we did just that. Sinisterra coming in from the wing hit a long low range shot that evaded everyone, possibly blinding their keeper, to put us into the lead on the stroke of half time.
Leeds put in a battling performance during the second half as they fought as a team to protect their lead. There was plenty of end-to-end football, but we continued to attack and had many spells in control of the game. Roca was involved in a lot of the play and Bamford was offered no protection from either the referee or linesman. Interestingly when Bamford was tackled from behind, some of these challenges were let go but Forest were given free kicks for exactly the same thing but were nowhere near as bad a challenge. A couple of times as the game neared the end, Forest started to get into the game, but the Leeds defence were standing firm. The atmosphere had been great as the fans became the twelfth man and the cheers and raised arms from the team as the final whistle went, showed how much it meant to everyone to get the win and another valuable three points. Having gone up to thirteenth in the table, there will be plenty of swings and roundabouts before the season ends. The team looked a lot more composed today, but they are once again; also playing as a team. We can’t ask for more than a battling performance and playing for the shirt. See you Sunday for the Palace game. LUFC - Marching on Together!
1964white

Re: Heidi's blog:Leeds United v Nottingham Forest 4th April 2023 at Elland Road

Post by 1964white »

Indeed, we can't ask for anything more, Heidi :tup:

Our players put in a great performance & they fully deserved their victory. With the score at 2-1, it was a nerve-wracking second-half for us fans, we've witnessed on countless occasions in the past when god doesn't smile on us, instant relief when the referee blew the final whistle :-D

Javi has brought a certain calmness to our club, tactically very good, too!

Great report as ever, Heidi.