Takeover announcement imminent

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Takeover announcement imminent

Post by Cjay »

Per Phil Hay
Full article below

https://archive.ph/QT2To
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Takeover announcement imminent

Post by Barlow Boy »

All now confirmed by the club……

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/club/3 ... hip-update
Last edited by Barlow Boy on Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

Leeds United can confirm an agreement has been reached between Aser Ventures and 49ers Enterprises for the purchase of the club.

Let's crack on.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

New stadium music
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Good news, employ the right coach & hopefully we can move forward.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Awesome. Hope there's a DOF announcement coming too.
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

Like I said to a friend its now part 1 done... now we need a DOF then a Manager and then I presume the sale of half those dimwits and the I presume if there is any money left in the kitty for transfers the transfers. Let's see how things turn out and how we line up come August then I'll give my verdict.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Scoobychief wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:09 pm Like I said to a friend its now part 1 done... now we need a DOF then a Manager and then I presume the sale of half those dimwits and the I presume if there is any money left in the kitty for transfers the transfers. Let's see how things turn out and how we line up come August then I'll give my verdict.
I'm thinking they might already have a DOF. Wouldn't be surprised to hear Webber announced immediately. That's where I'm guessing the Farke rumours are coming from.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

https://archive.ph/AW26M

Another Phil Hay article
Signed

King Cjay

Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:12 pm I'm thinking they might already have a DOF. Wouldn't be surprised to hear Webber announced immediately. That's where I'm guessing the Farke rumours are coming from.
Is that Lord farquaad
Pullhard
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Pullhard »

Light enters the tunnel

Hopefully start getting our act together over the next few weeks and get the foundations in place with a DoF and manager
Pullhard
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Pullhard »

Boris announced his resignation at the same time as the 49ers announcement

Is he being lined up as the new manager 😀😀
Prisoner37
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Prisoner37 »

Given where this could have gone, this full 49ers take over is the best outcome at this point in time.

Reading between the lines the 49ers ended up playing hardball with Radz, wanting him out completely. I am wondering if that is because of the scummy dealt he tried to pull using ER as security for a loan ti fund his Sampdoria ambitions.

If as reported he has made an overall profit of £45m over his time at Leeds, it seems the JKA balls up and demotion has cost him dearly - what a shame eh? Letting Orta have the run of the show has bitten him in the arse big time.

Anyway; the king is dead - long live the king!

Let's hope the 49ers can run our club in a much more professional manner for the foreseeable future.

As ever all we can do now is support the new manager and Championship team and hope for a brighter future; fingers toes and bollocks crossed.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Yeah, they shudda listened to me 4 years ago.

Shame dat.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Scoobychief wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:09 pm Like I said to a friend its now part 1 done... now we need a DOF then a Manager and then I presume the sale of half those dimwits and the I presume if there is any money left in the kitty for transfers the transfers. Let's see how things turn out and how we line up come August then I'll give my verdict.
I think August will be way too early to see if this is a good move for Leeds United Scooby.

We're going off the assumption that anything will be better than Radz.

Other than lucking out with Bielsa, he's shown himself as completely incapable of progressing this club to the top echelons of English, European and world football. So for us to progress, he had to go.

But I'll reserve judgement on the 49ers. So far their joint tenure with Radz has not been impressive.

We'll now get an understanding of whether it was just Radz holding our club back.

The golden opportunity to push on at EPL level has been trashed and I don't think we have a full understanding of the damage that Radz and co have already accomplished.

Lots of work to do and time will tell whether the 49ers are the right people to progress our club.

I'm praying that this is a good move for our club, the actions and decisions of the 49ers will direct our path now.
Prisoner37
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Prisoner37 »

Since Master Bates sold up each successive owner has been slightly better than the prevous ones (obviously all starting at a very low bar) in progressing our club.

It has however been a painfully slow process, so here's hoping the 49ers are another nudge in the right direction.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm https://archive.ph/AW26M

Another Phil Hay article
So the deal includes the ground by the looks of it
Is Elland Road included?

Yes. To quickly recap on the ownership structure of Elland Road stadium, rather than being controlled by Leeds United, since 2017 it has been owned by Elland Road Limited, a firm in which Andrea Radrizzani was the major shareholder. In essence, the stadium belonged to him rather than Leeds and the club have been paying a seven-figure sum of rent to Elland Road Limited since they were promoted.

49ers Enterprises already held a minority stake in the company, however, and Meador is one of its board members. The U.S. fund was adamant that if it struck a deal to acquire full control of Leeds, Elland Road would have to be part of the agreement. 49ers Enterprises has major plans for redevelopment of the ground — plans which will now be delayed by relegation — and it had no desire to spend tens of millions of pounds upgrading an arena that was controlled by a third party. Whether Leeds continue to pay annual rent now is another matter.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

It’s good that this has finally been sorted, the general reaction seems to be gratitude that the saviours are finally here. I’m glad it’s sorted out but it’s not like when GFH or cellino were ousted. Whilst Radz was always in it for the flip potential he was a good owner and did have ambition for the club, he just seemed to take prem survival for granted, trusted the wrong people and took his eye off the ball.

I know 49ers enterprises is an investment fund but i don’t think they will pump and dump Leeds, money is of course the main motivation here but they won’t be eying making a couple hundred million they will want to get Leeds in to the realms of being worth a billion+ and that needs a long term plan. Let’s just hope they get the right people around the club to make it happen.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

One of the good things about the Niners taking over is that they have no emotional attachment to our Championship winning squad.

Radz, Orta and Kinnear were all heavily emotionally attached to our Championship players, to our detriment.

I'm hoping they get a good DOF in and clear out all of our dross, who've managed to drag us back down to the Championship.

This squad refreshment should have occurred two summers ago, at the latest. But we've still got the same dudes hanging around.

I'm looking forward to waving the lot of them goodbye this summer. If the Niners/DOF are not prepared to do that then we won't be progressing.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

White Riot wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:11 am One of the good things about the Niners taking over is that they have no emotional attachment to our Championship winning squad.

Radz, Orta and Kinnear were all heavily emotionally attached to our Championship players, to our detriment.

I'm hoping they get a good DOF in and clear out all of our dross, who've managed to drag us back down to the Championship.

This squad refreshment should have occurred two summers ago, at the latest. But we've still got the same dudes hanging around.

I'm looking forward to waving the lot of them goodbye this summer. If the Niners/DOF are not prepared to do that then we won't be progressing.
But isn’t emotional attachment part of what you invest in being a fan, Riot.

Not all, I know but the vast majority of Leeds fans applauded the club for giving Bera a further year contract after his bad injury, even though realistically he had no chance whatsoever of playing that season. They did so because it was morally the right thing to do……an emotional attachment decision really, but the right one in that case.

Without the emotion, the game isn’t the same.