THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP COMPETITION 2026

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP COMPETITION 2026

Post by Jaydog »

The fourth & final Major is next week (16-19).
Rules & odds to follow.
Probably best to post the odds after this weeks Scottish Open as the field won’t be completed until its conclusion.


LEADERBOARD AFTER U S MASTERS/USPGA/US OPEN


1st Chilli -19

2nd Marie -7
2nd Foxy -7

4th Jammy -4


5th Hec +1
6th Jim +5
7th Swannie +10
8th Lufc1304 +12
9th Evan +14
10th Lufc76 +16
11th Jay +18
12th Pullhard +19
13th Riot +20
13th 64 +20
15th Cussie +26
15th Cat +26
17th Shaun +27
17th Malc +27
19th Bob +28
19th Cowboy Dan +28
21st Sub +40
22nd Barlow +49
23rd DD +59
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Chilli D
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8790
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP COMPETITION 2026

Post by Chilli D »

Can't wait.
I shall be watching the Scottish Open with interest.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP COMPETITION 2026

Post by Jaydog »

Chilli D wrote: ↑Tue Jul 07, 2026 9:04 am Can't wait.
I shall be watching the Scottish Open with interest.
Its an excellent guide to The Open itself 👍🏼
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79102
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP COMPETITION 2026

Post by The Subhuman »

Only Mickelson has ever won both in the same year though
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP COMPETITION 2026

Post by Jaydog »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Tue Jul 07, 2026 9:21 am Only Mickelson has ever won both in the same year though
Correct but Harman was 12th before winning the Open and last year Gotterup won and was 3rd at Portrush. Definitely a good guide.
Actually Gotterup won the John Deere on the PGA Tour last week. His 3rd win of the season.
He’s in my 3 atm.
33/1
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP COMPETITION 2026

Post by Jaydog »

But can anyone catch Chilli?
Will be very difficult for most of us.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79102
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP COMPETITION 2026

Post by The Subhuman »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Tue Jul 07, 2026 9:33 am But can anyone catch Chilli?
Will be very difficult for most of us.
He'll buckle under the pressure, he's never lead a "MOTGC" before, heading into the final day. I'm expecting panic and 3 150-1 outsiders as his choice
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP COMPETITION 2026

Post by Jaydog »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Tue Jul 07, 2026 9:50 am He'll buckle under the pressure, he's never lead a "MOTGC" before, heading into the final day. I'm expecting panic and 3 150-1 outsiders as his choice
Probably full defensive mode.
Scheffler
McIlroy
A N Other outsider (probably English-not Harris).
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Chilli D
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8790
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP COMPETITION 2026

Post by Chilli D »

Jaydog and Subhuman, your attempts to unnerved me with your mind games will not work 😁
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP COMPETITION 2026

Post by Jaydog »

I think it’s working….
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79102
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP COMPETITION 2026

Post by The Subhuman »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Tue Jul 07, 2026 11:42 am I think it’s working….
Methinks he doth protest too much
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP COMPETITION 2026

Post by Jaydog »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Tue Jul 07, 2026 11:47 am Methinks he doth protest too much
Image
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3715
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:20 am
Location: Qualicum Beach, BC, Canada

Re: THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP COMPETITION 2026

Post by malcolmw »

Chilli D wrote: ↑Tue Jul 07, 2026 9:04 am Can't wait.
I shall be watching the Scottish Open with interest.
Agree Chilli.
My favourite 2 weeks on the golf calendar. I love the Scottish Open - to me its the 5th major.

Its funny though - you wonder if some players would prefer NOT to win it - what are the chances of then going on and winning The Open the following week? :-D
User avatar
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3715
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:20 am
Location: Qualicum Beach, BC, Canada

Re: THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP COMPETITION 2026

Post by malcolmw »

I need to focus this time.

The last one I put in Cauley instead of Cantley. Mind you, I'd have been worse off - Cantley missed the cut and Cauley didn't. Proves I'm just aimlessly wondering around in the dark, I suppose.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP COMPETITION 2026

Post by Jaydog »

Just got a reduced ticket for next Friday on Twickets.
Highly recommend that app for music, sport tickets etc.
All face value plus a commission.
I will go to my usual hotel in Chester. Only 90 minutes by train from there.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Evan R
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 853
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2025 2:38 am
Location: Southern Illinois

Re: THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP COMPETITION 2026

Post by Evan R »

malcolmw wrote: ↑Wed Jul 08, 2026 5:42 am Agree Chilli.
My favourite 2 weeks on the golf calendar. I love the Scottish Open - to me its the 5th major.

Its funny though - you wonder if some players would prefer NOT to win it - what are the chances of then going on and winning The Open the following week? :-D
Agreed. Love these 2 events every year.
User avatar
Evan R
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 853
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2025 2:38 am
Location: Southern Illinois

Re: THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP COMPETITION 2026

Post by Evan R »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Wed Jul 08, 2026 9:24 am Just got a reduced ticket for next Friday on Twickets.
Highly recommend that app for music, sport tickets etc.
All face value plus a commission.
I will go to my usual hotel in Chester. Only 90 minutes by train from there.
Jealous!
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP COMPETITION 2026

Post by Jaydog »

Evan R wrote: ↑Wed Jul 08, 2026 1:48 pmJealous!
👍🏼 should be a good day out
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3715
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:20 am
Location: Qualicum Beach, BC, Canada

Re: THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP COMPETITION 2026

Post by malcolmw »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Wed Jul 08, 2026 9:24 am Just got a reduced ticket for next Friday on Twickets.
Highly recommend that app for music, sport tickets etc.
All face value plus a commission.
I will go to my usual hotel in Chester. Only 90 minutes by train from there.
Enjoy Jay. Should be a great day out. :tup:
User avatar
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3715
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:20 am
Location: Qualicum Beach, BC, Canada

Re: THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP COMPETITION 2026

Post by malcolmw »

After watching day 1 of the Scottish Open, a few thoughts....:
1. So refreshing to have 'human' commentators - no scripted "voice for radio, dude in a tie" crap. Sam Torrence, Radar giving an Oz perspective - annoyingly accurate - and the other DP Tour commentators. Such a pleasure.

2. Tommy .... the f#@$ing baggy pants. ??? You have the 3 Muskatters look going, then you put on grandpa's pants. WTF?

3. Is it just me or is Scotty looking a bit "dumpy"? Can we expect Ozempic Scotty in few weeks?

4. Patrick Reed. He has always pissed me off. Now he's come back into the fold and I like him .... which is pissing me off.
Post Reply