The Visual/Music Discussion Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by Dr.Leeds »

Twiggster wrote:Airbourne....we REALLY didn't listen to AC/DC before forming the band, eh?
You spotted that subtle influence did you?

Great live band though. My specs got smashed up last time I went to see them when the singer chucked a bottle of water into the crowd and took them neatly off the end of my nose without touching my face. They lasted about a nanosecond on the floor.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Paul and Twiggs (well Twiggs knows) I was really only kidding about Celine Dion and the Spice Girls

But I reckon my tastes are too conventional for this type of thread. I don't follow the 'music scene' much and my tastes are very conventional - the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Kaiser Chiefs, Talking Heads and so on.

I really like Leonard Cohen's version of Hallelujah

Last edited by YorkshireSquare on Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: To correct embeded video, use Video ID only, not full link.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

aside from twiggs of course, I'll start off the "exiles" postings with some current preferences

Killamanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble - Lobby a new acquisition but already an often played laid back album from those Scandinavian jazzsters

These New Puritans - We want War (if theres gonna be a better album this year I'll be amazed)

Alberta Cross - Old Man Chicago

Major Lazer - When You Hear the Bassline from last year number one album

Mike Keneally - Hallmark Zappa' Guitarists from one on last years best albums
Last edited by YorkshireSquare on Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:07 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: To correct embeded videos.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
barryanorak
Manager
Manager

Post by barryanorak »

Still can't embed, eh?
Music so wishes to be heard that it sometimes calls on unlikely characters to give it voice...

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Morning BA, no doesn't look like it and I had such high hopes
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Dr.Leeds wrote:25. Carry On by Spacehog
Spacehog, bloody hell, didnt think anyone in the UK had heard of them! Royston Langdon tried to start a fight with yorkshiregrit and cmac outside a bar in Leeds once.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

barryanorak wrote:Still can't embed, eh?
Yes you can embed, when posting there is a button that says "YouTube", click that to bring up the taghs then put the video ID between the tags. Eg.

{YouTube}VideoID{/YouTube}

Swapping { } for [ ]
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Shields53 wrote: Yes you can embed, when posting there is a button that says "YouTube", click that to bring up the taghs then put the video ID between the tags. Eg.

Swapping { } for [ ]
He means me, I've never had any luck, I paste the embed code between the you tube tags and get gobbledygook

see? I think it's my browser

proper link to a great track http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8jm61vk2Ao - Porcupine Tree- Time Flies
Last edited by The Subhuman on Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

faaip wrote: He means me, I've never had any luck, I paste the embed code between the you tube tags and get gobbledygook

{YouTube}<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p8jm61vk2Ao&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p8jm61vk2Ao&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>{/YouTube}

see? I think it's my browser

proper link to a great track http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8jm61vk2Ao - Porcupine Tree- Time Flies
All you need is the last bit after ?v=, so for the video abouve just copy p8jm61vk2Ao. Then click the 'YouTube' button when posting and paste the code you have just coppied between the tags.
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds

Post by Dr.Leeds »

Shields53 wrote: Spacehog, bloody hell, didnt think anyone in the UK had heard of them! Royston Langdon tried to start a fight with yorkshiregrit and cmac outside a bar in Leeds once.
Great band. Bought their first album after hearing "In The Meantime" and on first listen thought "What a pile of crap" but on second listen thought it was brilliant and bought all their albums til they split. "The Hogyssey" is epic.

Wouldn't have thought Royston Langdon would try to start a fight with anyone the skinny runt. Were they looking at his missus?
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Shields53 wrote: Yes you can embed, when posting there is a button that says "YouTube", click that to bring up the taghs then put the video ID between the tags. Eg.

Swapping { } for [ ]
I tried that and it didn't work - unless I'm putting the wrong thing in as the 'VideoID'...Is it the same as the URL for the video?
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Shields53 wrote: All you need is the last bit after ?v=, so for the video abouve just copy p8jm61vk2Ao. Then click the 'YouTube' button when posting and paste the code you have just coppied between the tags.

Huh look at that.. cheers
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

HarryofOz wrote:I tried that and it didn't work - unless I'm putting the wrong thing in as the 'VideoID'...Is it the same as the URL for the video?
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Cheers Shields
barryanorak
Manager
Manager

Post by barryanorak »

Huh look at that.. cheers

See, better than Wookie already
Music so wishes to be heard that it sometimes calls on unlikely characters to give it voice...

barryanorak
Manager
Manager

Post by barryanorak »

So, my turn.

Here goes...

barryanorak
Manager
Manager

Post by barryanorak »

Whoo hoo!

Starting to feel like home...

wrills
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by wrills »

Not such a great track but it was played at halftime in our fa cup semi in 87, anyone remember ?

Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Great site for listening to old concerts, from the 50's to the 90's....most bands are featured, from the Allman Bros to Z.Z.Top! http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/concerts/

If you register (for free), you get a weekly newsletter email, with the latest concerts. Enjoy. :thup:

dantheleedsfan

Post by dantheleedsfan »

Twiggster wrote: U2 are now called "kings and queens", Dan? :roll:
It wasn't U2 :?