Help UKIP waste lots of money

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

A couple of minor points then Joe:

Firstly, immigrants keep the NHS going rather than draining it. Where do you think the nurses come from?

Secondly, if we leave the EU and prevent European citizens coming here then we have to be prepared to accept the more than 2 Million British people currently living in the EU as they are ejected from their adopted countries.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds

Post by Dr.Leeds »

joelufc20 wrote:All I want is out of the EU and a stop to the mass migration of people taking jobs housing, draining the nhs etc etc etc. down with labour and Cameron with his lies about a referendum
The major problem with UKIP is that, hiding behind their flagship policies on Europe and immigration which resonate with a lot of people, are a lot of things that are pretty unpalatable to most. UKIP are probably a greater threat to the NHS than any other party, and certainly a greater threat to the NHS than migrants are.
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Help UKIP waste lots of money

Post by Twiggster »

Guildford White wrote:
Secondly, if we leave the EU and prevent European citizens coming here then we have to be prepared to accept the more than 2 Million British people currently living in the EU as they are ejected from their adopted countries.
With NO British citizen status rights, IF we are sent home. :shock:
Last edited by Twiggster on Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Dr.Leeds »

Guildford White wrote: Secondly, if we leave the EU and prevent European citizens coming here then we have to be prepared to accept the more than 2 Million British people currently living in the EU as they are ejected from their adopted countries.
Blimey. I hadn't even considered the horrific prospect of my in-laws being sent back here from Spain...
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Dr.Leeds »

Blimey. I hadn't even considered the horrific prospect of Twiggs being sent back here from Denmark...
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Dr.Leeds wrote:Blimey. I hadn't even considered the horrific prospect of Twiggs being sent back here from Denmark...
Be aware! :twisted: :roflmao:
drsdadsotherson
First Team
First Team

Post by drsdadsotherson »

That's the sinister side of UKIP. Not just their policies, but the fact that they have identified one issue that people will vote for and never mention the other ones that leave us all in the lurch afterwards.

I would be surprised if more than 5% of UKIP voters have even bothered to look at their other designs for our country. It's gonna come as one hell of a slap in the face if they ever have any power.
You're voting for the poisoned apple.
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

Instead of relying on a political party to change society, why not each person be the change in society they wish to see? UKIP, Labour, Conservative, Tea Party, Democratic, Republican..... it will be a cold day in hell before real, meaningful, and substantial positive change would ever come from their leadership. Be the change.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Martyn »

That's fine as far as it goes Dan, but it doesn't help with the big issues. Much as I would like to abolish our nuclear weapons I can't, just as Joe can't individually leave the European Union.

We saw the limits of citizen power when 2 Million of us marched in London in February 2003 to try to prevent Blair's illegal invasion of Iraq and were completely ignored.

The answer is to use political parties but to work in the party of your choice to make sure it reflects your own principles
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

Guildford White wrote:That's fine as far as it goes Dan, but it doesn't help with the big issues. Much as I would like to abolish our nuclear weapons I can't, just as Joe can't individually leave the European Union.

We saw the limits of citizen power when 2 Million of us marched in London in February 2003 to try to prevent Blair's illegal invasion of Iraq and were completely ignored.

The answer is to use political parties but to work in the party of your choice to make sure it reflects your own principles
It goes as far as people want it to go. The modern political party is nothing but a crutch, that keeps everyone limping along. Get rid of the crutch, and eventually the limp will go away, and legs become strong and unencumbered to move places never dared dreamed before.

Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager

Post by Drs.Dad »

Crude wrote: It goes as far as people want it to go. The modern political party is nothing but a crutch, that keeps everyone limping along. Get rid of the crutch, and eventually the limp will go away, and legs become strong and unencumbered to move places never dared dreamed before.

So you are advocating Anarchy, Crude. Only those with abilities will survive, the weak would not be able to do anything for themselves, only the strong would prosper? :duno:
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Martyn »

Drs.Dad wrote:

So you are advocating Anarchy, Crude. Only those with abilities will survive, the weak would not be able to do anything for themselves, only the strong would prosper? :duno:
And no public services, for there would be nobody to organise them.

No healthcare, no collection of refuse, no police, no armed forces, no education system ..........

Yes there are problems with modern political parties, every one of them is run by apparatchiks. The solution is to seize back control of the party of your choice and use that to influence policy
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

DD & GW, Those are some awfully bleak examples of Anarchism, almost Ayn Randian in nature (who I despise). I would prefer something of a more progressive nature, small 'a' anarchy.

Martyn
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Martyn »

Such as? You get rid of organised movements, how do you provide public services? Who pays for them and how?
drsdadsotherson
First Team
First Team

Post by drsdadsotherson »

We should go back to the early fire brigade of the 1800s, surely?

Privatised system where you buy insurance against fire and get a nice little plaque so that in case of conflagration the guys with the water know whose houses they can save.
Sure, if you're too poor to afford the extra outlay they will just turn their backs and let everything burn. Maybe they will even torch a house or two in your neighbourhood to scare you into buying into the humanitarian scheme. Maybe a fire crew will turn up within minutes, realise your insurance is with a different company and block access. That way the rival company can't get through and their efficiency will be called into question, thus raising your market share.

Less Anarchic with a capital A, but every word of it true. I'd rather not go back to that myself.
barryanorak
Manager
Manager

Post by barryanorak »

Crude wrote:DD & GW, Those are some awfully bleak examples of Anarchism, almost Ayn Randian in nature (who I despise). I would prefer something of a more progressive nature, small 'a' anarchy.

Whilst I am no supporter of Rand, she hated Anarchy (or even anarchy) with a passion.
Music so wishes to be heard that it sometimes calls on unlikely characters to give it voice...

Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Dr.Leeds »

Crude wrote:DD & GW, Those are some awfully bleak examples of Anarchism, almost Ayn Randian in nature (who I despise). I would prefer something of a more progressive nature, small 'a' anarchy.
How does a society decide the appropriate level of anarchy? What authority steps in when a member of that society acts in an unacceptable anarchic manner?
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

barryanorak wrote:

Whilst I am no supporter of Rand, she hated Anarchy (or even anarchy) with a passion.
Right, she did, which is why I insinuated about other's posters visions of anarchism as being very Rand-ian.

Martyn
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Martyn »

Genuinely interested - what is your prescription for a small "a" anarchic society?

How would it work?