Help UKIP waste lots of money

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
CSA
First Team
First Team

Re: Help UKIP waste lots of money

Post by CSA »

Is it an open society when you can say that you tolerate puffs, but can't say you think they are abnormal without being called a homophobe, is it an open society when you embrace multiculturalism, but can't say you think it doesn't work without being called racist, surely freedom of speech has to work both ways.
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

:) can't wait for the reply to this
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

Think we could all do with a meet up few e's, pints and a nice chat about things
CSA
First Team
First Team

Post by CSA »

Wolfetoneleeds wrote:Think we could all do with a meet up few e's, pints and a nice chat about things
:tup:
drsdadsotherson
First Team
First Team

Post by drsdadsotherson »

CSA wrote:Is it an open society when you can say that you tolerate puffs, but can't say you think they are abnormal without being called a homophobe, is it an open society when you embrace multiculturalism, but can't say you think it doesn't work without being called racist, surely freedom of speech has to work both ways.
I can't say I like the word 'tolerate' in that. You don't have to tolerate something that is not a part of your life and has no impact on you whatsoever. Also 'abnormal' is an objective assessment, not something subjective you hold as an opinion.
Freedom of speech is a political and social ideal, not a tool to make minority groups feel unwelcome or derisible.
CSA
First Team
First Team

Post by CSA »

drsdadsotherson wrote:
I can't say I like the word 'tolerate' in that. You don't have to tolerate something that is not a part of your life and has no impact on you whatsoever. Also 'abnormal' is an objective assessment, not something subjective you hold as an opinion.
Freedom of speech is a political and social ideal, not a tool to make minority groups feel unwelcome or derisible.
Freedom of speech is what it says, or is it tippy toeing round certain issues which may offend. Surely an open society is say what you think without fear of prosecution, If you like gay's say it, if you don't well.... button it... you make them feel unwelcome, bless !!!
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds

Post by Dr.Leeds »

I shall refrain from exercising my right to freedom of speech.
drsdadsotherson
First Team
First Team

CSA wrote:
Freedom of speech is what it says, or is it tippy toeing round certain issues which may offend. Surely an open society is say what you think without fear of prosecution, If you like gay's say it, if you don't well.... button it... you make them feel unwelcome, bless !!!
What gives you the right to use freedom of speech as an excuse to hurt people? That's a rather unpleasant twisting of the principle.
Freedom of speech comes with responsibility, and with responsibility comes acceptance of consequence.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Thread reopened.

I know politics and religion always cause intense debate and difference of opinions but please can we stay away from the personal insults and language designed to provoke a response.

Thanks
woodfordwhites
First Team
First Team

Post by woodfordwhites »

this topic is nothing but trouble anyway
Ricb76
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Ricb76 »

I doubt that if by some horrific conjunction of circumstances UKIP were actually voted in as the #1 party in this country that their voters would get what they expect, bearing in mind Farage is an Ex - Tory investment banker, what kind of policies would you expect? You might get the out of Europe vote, but that is only part of the agenda, don't come crying to us when your down's baby has been aborted against your will and the nice Mr Khan down the road has had to go for a gas shower. As much as Farage is a good speaker, I don't trust him as far as I could throw him, they are a party that plays on peoples ignorance. I doubt they have much if any respect for their voters, especially the one's that don't come from their "set" probably see you guys as a bunch of small minded, easily swayed mugs, that'll they'll happily s**t upon given the opportunity.
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

"Downs baby" slang for disabled kids!! Ye well done!!
And nice one for slagging of there voters.
What a tit
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Downs Baby ?...mmm

a baby or unborn child with Downs syndrome....mmm

A recognised medical condition for which termination in pregnancy is..lets say considered

nope I'm fine with the term. Carry on Rich
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Unless the Doc can put me straight ..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
drsdadsotherson
First Team
First Team

Wolfetoneleeds wrote:"Downs baby" slang for disabled kids!! Ye well done!!
What a tit
Down's baby is not slang for a disabled child at all, it's just an example of the kind of thing UKIP is about. Down's syndrome (aka Trisomy 21) is a medically accepted term.

I happen to agree that a vote for UKIP is a vote for horrendous damage to our country and her people. That's not slagging off, it's opinion.
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

Wolfetoneleeds wrote:"Downs baby" slang for disabled kids!! Ye well done!!
What a tit
Out of order wolfie.

Look it up! Downs Syndrome
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

Guildford White wrote:
Out of order wolfie.

Look it up! Downs Syndrome
Downs baby to me sounds a derogatory term for Down syndrome. ie. downy or somat.
If not I apologies. Don't really care what he put about ukip I was on a roll then so thought is have ago at that aswell..
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

Wolfetoneleeds wrote: Downs baby to me sounds a derogatory term for Down syndrome. ie. downy or somat.
If not I apologies. Don't really care what he put about ukip I was on a roll then so thought is have ago at that aswell..
Downs Baby is accepted shorthand for Baby with Downs Syndrome. No, he wasn't being at all derogatory
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds

Post by Dr.Leeds »

I believe it's a medically accepted and non-derogatory term.

Ric was brining up a policy that I'm certain will not be part of the UKIP manifesto but one that has been advocated by at least one of the party's council candidates.

Unfortunately the medical profession cannot claim to be whiter than white as regards political correctness. I have several patients with Down's syndrome who are in their fifties or even sixties. Looking back through their hospital notes to the 1950s or 60s some of the terms used that, presumably were acceptable parlance at that point, absolutely make my toes curl.
joelufc20
First Team
First Team

Post by joelufc20 »

All I want is out of the EU and a stop to the mass migration of people taking jobs housing, draining the nhs etc etc etc. down with labour and Cameron with his lies about a referendum
REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND

[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]