Leicester have done it...

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
mchldavies7
First Team
First Team

Leicester have done it...

Post by mchldavies7 »

Leicester are going to do it in my opinion, they're like mildew on a damp wall..and much as the so called 'big teams' they are looking down on would love them to fade away, they aint going away..they've no distractions at all now, unlike their rivals and if that starting XI keeps free of injuries, i reckon they'll keep going strong..they concede very few goals..so none of the other teams will thrash them even if they do lose the odd game..got the arse next..a draw i reckon there..and they can still afford to lose and be still right in the hunt..so i'll stick my neck out and say they're gonna do it.
Anyone agree?
Last edited by mchldavies7 on Mon May 02, 2016 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"God will forgive them...he'll forgive them and allow them into heaven...i cant live with that"
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Leicester are going to do it.

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

Get pm Mick
drsdadsotherson
First Team
First Team

Re: Leicester are going to do it.

Post by drsdadsotherson »

I kinda hope they do, although they're not exactly in my top 10 club list. The status quo at the top needs shattering to liven the premiership back up a bit.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

mchldavies7 wrote:Leicester are going to do it in my opinion, they're like mildew on a damp wall..and much as the so called 'big teams' they are looking down on would love them to fade away, they aint going away..they've no distractions at all now, unlike their rivals and if that starting XI keeps free of injuries, i reckon they'll keep going strong..they concede very few goals..so none of the other teams will thrash them even if they do lose the odd game..got the arse next..a draw i reckon there..and they can still afford to lose and be still right in the hunt..so i'll stick my neck out and say they're gonna do it.
Anyone agree?
Love an underdog :tup:

Would love it if the Foxes achieved something which seemed impossible. I fear City but would be immensely pleased for Ranieri if he & his team clinch the premiership

Welcome back Mick & a belated Happy Birthday
mchldavies7
First Team
First Team

Post by mchldavies7 »

1964white wrote:
Love an underdog :tup:

Would love it if the Foxes achieved something which seemed impossible. I fear City but would be immensely pleased for Ranieri if he & his team clinch the premiership

Welcome back Mick & a belated Happy Birthday
Aye..i like the 'Tinkerman' too..very unassuming but seems v clued up too.
They deffo won't drop from top 4 even if my prediction of a title turns to shite..as a side note, i was doing a bit of work for a manure 'follower' a few weeks back in Mayo and he was c**k sure that they'd still get fourth spot..of course i was winding him like..but i asked on what evidence would they get CL qual..he just kept running Leicester down, like they were a nuisance and they would end up getting 4th because they somehow have a right to it..i told him the top 4 will be

Leicester
Arse
Citeh
Spuds
..he wasn't avin it..they're so in denial about how they're regressing after whiskey noses' reign..

And thanks..bloody 47..Christ!
"God will forgive them...he'll forgive them and allow them into heaven...i cant live with that"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mchldavies7 wrote: Aye..i like the 'Tinkerman' too..very unassuming but seems v clued up too.
They deffo won't drop from top 4 even if my prediction of a title turns to shite..as a side note, i was doing a bit of work for a manure 'follower' a few weeks back in Mayo and he was c**k sure that they'd still get fourth spot..of course i was winding him like..but i asked on what evidence would they get CL qual..he just kept running Leicester down, like they were a nuisance and they would end up getting 4th because they somehow have a right to it..i told him the top 4 will be

Leicester
Arse
Citeh
Spuds
..he wasn't avin it..they're so in denial about how they're regressing after whiskey noses' reign..

And thanks..bloody 47..Christ!

Cocky sod :?
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

Really really hope Leicester win the league, in my opinion I know many would disagree but I would say it would be the greatest achievement in the history of English Football if Leicester won the league. Not sure if they will though , if they lose the next 2 v Man City and Arsenal I think it becomes difficult for them, if they take 1-3 points or more then they still have a chance. Come on Leicester :scarf1: :shirt:. It's not just Vardy and Mahrez (although they have been key of course and are have been outstanding this season), Christian Fuchs has been the leagues best left back so far this season in my opinion, whilst Kante,Drinkwater and Albrighton have also had great seasons.
gessa

Post by gessa »

I think a lot of people have been waiting for the bubble to burst but they keep going, it's important they keep injury free. A couple of decent results in the next two games and they could well do it, I looked at their remaining games last weekend and after the next two it's not a bad run in.
Be good for football if they do, can't see them dropping out the top 4.
What was it Bates said about Leicester again? Knew his stuff that bloke.
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

I'm currently watching the warm up to City v Leicester on BT Sport and i really do hope they can not only win today but win the Premier League, it would make such a change and prove that all the money in the world can't buy team spirit and success. They have 14 games to go and after today they only have Arsenal to play out of the title contenders, the rest are from the lower and mid table. City, Arsenal and Spurs have potentially 27/28 games to play with their FA Cup and European involvements. Also Leicester have made the fewest changes all season which is quite surprising with the "tinker man" in charge. They may not have the biggest squad but they have the determination to keep winning games and if they do there's nothing else any of the chasing clubs can do.
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Sensational start Leicester 1-0 up after 3 mins Robert Huth
gessa

Post by gessa »

Man City having plenty of the ball without creating anything, Leicester playing well on the break.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Great goal for Leicester 0-2
Now they can perhaps start to believe.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Leicester in dreamland, 0-3 Huth for his second.
LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager
Twitter: lufcrace

Post by LUFCRACE »

Not gonna lie, kinda glad my grandad ain't around to gloat about it, but also kinda thrilled that they're doing so well - makes the prem so much more interesting!
BRING BACK BRADDERS

International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Found out rather late that MC-LC were on regular TV and just missed Huth's 2nd but the last 34 minutes I saw were so thoroughly entertaining, plus lots of replays.
Leicester deserve to be where they are - all areas of the team gelling together.
Yes I'm with everyone who wants Leicester to win the Premiership. This is a cracking team - City didn't look bad, just a bit ineffective and possibly a tad unlucky on certain plays, but Vardy could have netted a couple more with a slightly better bounce of the ball, so a well deserved win for me.
I'm not a particular fan of Leicester but I am a fan of their underdog challenge.
Next I get to watch Spurs-Watford - lucky me eh!
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Just shows how tiny things in football can have huge effects. Leicester looked doomed to relegation last season but for a remarkable run. If they had sacked Pearson before that run they might have got relegated, Vardy and others would have been sold and they could have been fighting relegation to league 1 and been at the bottom end of the championship.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

The great thing is that it offers clubs like Leeds the hope/belief that we can get back to the top. No team can compete with the likes of City/Utd/Chelsea etc financially but with good signings and bargain foreigners (no doubt if Leeds had signed Muarez for £400k from a low league French side MC would have been hounded out of ER).
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Hope so, I backed them at 20/1
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

would love Leicester to win it just so ranieri can put 2 fingers up at the Russian at Chelsea :-D
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Foxes are hungry for the prem, the others haven't got the appetite

Arsenal 1-1 Swansea

Liverpool 2-0 Man City

West Ham 1-0 Spurs