RIP Tara Palmer-Tomkinson

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
rab_rant

RIP Tara Palmer-Tomkinson

Post by rab_rant »

IT girl gone at 45.
I liked her smile
and the twinkle in her eye
gessa

Re: RIP Tara Palmer-Tomkinson

Post by gessa »

As spoilt as can be but I liked her, especially her honesty.

RIP
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

gessa wrote:As spoilt as can be but I liked her, especially her honesty.

RIP
Agreed a child of Privilege, but I still admired her mischievousness
She would have been a Barbra Windsor if she had been poor. :-)
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Classic Skinner and TPT

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Sadly drunk herself to an early death

RIP
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Thanks for posting that up Rab, hadn't seen it before. Classic ep :tup: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

She was unique, loved her on I'm a celebrity
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

don't wish to talk ill of the dead but what did she contribute to society , never did a proper days graft or struggled to pay a bill ,or had the beans on toast sunday dinner at the end of the month because money was tight , not her fault I understand that , she was born in to it , turns out she lied about the tumor for attention , she died of a perforated ulcer , hope she has finaly found peace but people like her only exist to give the press news inches .

R.I.P TO THE GIRL
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

beer belly bert wrote:don't wish to talk ill of the dead but what did she contribute to society , never did a proper days graft or struggled to pay a bill ,or had the beans on toast sunday dinner at the end of the month because money was tight , not her fault I understand that , she was born in to it , turns out she lied about the tumor for attention , she died of a perforated ulcer , hope she has finaly found peace but people like her only exist to give the press news inches .

R.I.P TO THE GIRL
I do understand where you are coming from Bert

Mrs 64 & I were only saying yesterday what a lavish life the rich lead & then you have the other end of the spectrum where many haven't done a days work in their life & exist totally on benefits
This came up in conversation when we were discussing my state pension which I'm apparently entitled to at the age of 65 years 8 months so I'm just under three years from being in the circumstances where I can take my foot off the pedal slightly after working beyond the call of duty at times since I was a 15yo. Of course I will still endeavour to work after my 65th birthday as long as I remain healthy :-D
I still believe it is very unfair to expect women to go beyond 60yo & men over 65yo imo. We've done our bit, time for the unemployed lazy b*ggers to get off their backsides & make some contribution to our country
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

1964white wrote:I do understand where you are coming from Bert

Mrs 64 & I were only saying yesterday what a lavish life the rich lead & then you have the other end of the spectrum where many haven't done a days work in their life & exist totally on benefits
This came up in conversation when we were discussing my state pension which I'm apparently entitled to at the age of 65 years 8 months so I'm just under three years from being in the circumstances where I can take my foot off the pedal slightly after working beyond the call of duty at times since I was a 15yo. Of course I will still endeavour to work after my 65th birthday as long as I remain healthy :-D
I still believe it is very unfair to expect women to go beyond 60yo & men over 65yo imo. We've done our bit, time for the unemployed lazy b*ggers to get off their backsides & make some contribution to our country
agree 100% leon , I think the lowest of the low are the ones that churn kids out for the benefits without ever paying a penny into the system , why should I pay for someone elses kids if you cant support them don't have them , me and the wife had one kid because that was all we could afford back in the day and bring him up in a decent environment . as for the pensionable age I think its wrong the way they moved the goalposts , my sister in law was in sight of retirement but now has to work till shes 67 . both me and the wife were lucky enough to retire at 50 after working for massive firms with final salary pensions and share issues , the wife also dropped lucky with a nice redundancy at 49 plus 3 pensions of which she can cash 2 in at 55yr old .
my advice to anybody who is still working but can afford to retire is do it .
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter