Premier League club plot raid for Leeds star.....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Premier League club plot raid for Leeds star.....

Post by 1964white »

SOUTHAMPTON are plotting a raid on Leeds for star defender Pontus Jansson, according to reports

The Premier League club have apparently been interested in the 26-year-old for some time and were linked with a move for him when he was contemplating quitting former club Malmo.

He eventually joined Torino on a free transfer in 2014 before being loaned out to Championship side Leeds where he has impressed enough to earn a permanent three-year-deal.

Southampton view Pontus Jansson as the ideal replacement for Jose Fonte
However, ClubCall claim Southampton have been impressed by his impressive displays this season and are keen to renew their interest in him.

It is claimed Saints sent scouts to watch the Swede as Leeds beat Sheffield Wednesday last weekend to keep their Premier League promotion hopes alive.
gessa

Re: Premier League club plot raid for Leeds star.....

Post by gessa »

There will be a lot of this soon.
Wood, Taylor, Viera , especially if we don't go up.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:There will be a lot of this soon.
Wood, Taylor, Viera , especially if we don't go up.
I personally think we'll be ready to go up at the end of the next season but maybe not......
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Is trying to buy a player from another club 'plotting a raid'?
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

I thought Jansson had signed a contract with us? Maybe I'm wrong
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I said previously I think we'll be more ready to go up at the end of next season but now it's imperative it happens in May

The likes of Bartley, Jansson, Taylor, Vieira & Wood will all be touted if we don't make promotion this time. Then there's the prospect of a prem club coming in for Garry Monk.

Our dreams could turn into a nightmare !
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

whiteswan wrote:I thought Jansson had signed a contract with us? Maybe I'm wrong
Three years I think so It will cost them 15M plus to move him
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Three years I think so It will cost them 15M plus to move him
Peanuts for the Saints nowadays
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Agreed but money talks. Maybe we should ask for 30 plus...must be a good as Ferdinand so still cheap
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

1964white wrote:I said previously I think we'll be more ready to go up at the end of next season but now it's imperative it happens in May

The likes of Bartley, Jansson, Taylor, Vieira & Wood will all be touted if we don't make promotion this time. Then there's the prospect of a prem club coming in for Garry Monk.

Our dreams could turn into a nightmare !
If the club show the right level of ambition, then it isn't imperative that we go up this year, Leon. Yes, money talks, but if we send out a clear message that neither players nor manager is available, then only a desire to leave on the part of an individual will change that. Silly money will sway heads, of course, but if this club is serious about getting to the Prem, then they need to back that with how they deal with inquiries/bids etc.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

faaip wrote:Agreed but money talks. Maybe we should ask for 30 plus...must be a good as Ferdinand so still cheap
Steady on......Pontus has been superb for us for sure and love him to bits but as good as Rio Ferdinand was ? Nowhere near in my opinion.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Tongue in cheek font not used ....but Rio would be worth what 60 plus in this market ? ...
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Haha, Faip. I was actually wondering if you were being sarcastic with the original Rio post LOL

Well when you think how much John Stones went for recently to City, Rio was a far better defender than him so your probably not far off there.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!