The Summer Transfer Thread 2017

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Re: The Summer Transfer Thread 2017

Post by Oscar »

Wiedwald would be an excellent signing especially if the £500,000 fee is true, I don't watch Bundesliga much now so I don't know loads about him. However, have watched a few highlights clips etc and he looks particularly good at one on ones the highlights I saw must have shown him on 20-30 occasions making saves in those situations. Apparently very good with his feet as well which potentially makes him very suitable to Christiansen's potential style of play. I do think Green did well last season but if Wiedwald signed, I would start him ahead of Green to begin with, however, Wiedwald will have to be at his best because Green should provide good competition.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

gessa wrote:Leeds United have emerged as shock outsiders to re-sign West Ham playmaker Robert Snodgrass.

Bookmakers Betfair have priced the Yorkshire outfit at odds of 20/1 to bring the Scotland international back to Elland Road this summer.

West Ham are reportedly keen to offload the 29-year-old, despite him only joining in January in a £10million deal.
Would be incredible if this happened, I met Snods at a sportsmans dinner for Pele at Elland Road last year and he is such a nice guy and was so honest when I spoke to him (he was at Hull at the time) I honestly think he would love to come back now that the club has sorted itself out. Can't tell you how much of a top guy Snods is off the pitch though :-D , unfortunately I don't see us signing him tbh.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

gessa wrote:Sounds like it could be a song by Mansun
Like it, Ges!! :wink:
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
gessa

Post by gessa »

Seems that the keeper is having a medical this morning, going to be announced later if he passes.

Saiz on Monday.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:Seems that the keeper is having a medical this morning, going to be announced later if he passes.

Saiz on Monday.
We still need a few more signings but it seems progress is being made steadily
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:We still need a few more signings but it seems progress is being made steadily

The Norweigian CB being mentioned earlier in the week as signed for Rostov.
Last edited by gessa on Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

Wiedwald now signed. Wonder what this means for Greeno...........Hopefully they'll battle it out for the jersey and Silvestri will be off........
gessa

Post by gessa »

Durly wrote:Wiedwald now signed. Wonder what this means for Greeno...........Hopefully they'll battle it out for the jersey and Silvestri will be off........
Bit of a conundrum that mate, if we play with the sweeper keeper system, then the new keeper looks the obvious starter, if that's the case then Green would probably want out, as too old to be keeping the bench warm, I'd imagine he'd want games. If that is the case, we still need a back up keeper, presuming Silvestri is out the door.
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

I'm probably the only one who thinks Silvestri is worth keeping and letting him have a proper shot at the starting job. Think he got royally hosed by Monk, and had his development blunted in favor of ancient keeper who had plenty of howlers. If nothing else, Silvestri will come good for his next team, but no thanks to GM.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I doubt there was a better keeper in the division last season, hopefully he hangs onto his place. I am beginning to wonder if it'll just be Pontus and Wood from last seasons team starting and I'm beginning to think not many Englishmen will be involved. We've never been great at playing in sweeper systems
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:I doubt there was a better keeper in the division last season, hopefully he hangs onto his place. I am beginning to wonder if it'll just be Pontus and Wood from last seasons team starting and I'm beginning to think not many Englishmen will be involved. We've never been great at playing in sweeper systems
Our two best & most consistent players by a mile :-D
gessa

Post by gessa »

Probably never been great at the sweeper system because we've never had the right manager or players to play it, this is a new dawn let's embrace it, the last 13 years have hardly been thrilling. Last season we finished 7th and whatever the reason was for that it wasn't good enough, if the owners/manager look at last season and think only 4/5 of the team were good enough then so be it. Radz is being portrayed as a god presently but his ultimate goal is to get us to the premier league ASAP,he's not doing it for the love of Leeds United, he's doing it to make money so I trust what he's doing to get us there, I feel we're in safe hands now.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Well said, Ges!!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

gessa wrote:
Probably never been great at the sweeper system because we've never had the right manager or players to play it, this is a new dawn let's embrace it, the last 13 years have hardly been thrilling. Last season we finished 7th and whatever the reason was for that it wasn't good enough, if the owners/manager look at last season and think only 4/5 of the team were good enough then so be it. Radz is being portrayed as a god presently but his ultimate goal is to get us to the premier league ASAP,he's not doing it for the love of Leeds United, he's doing it to make money so I trust what he's doing to get us there, I feel we're in safe hands now.
Very perceptive and insightful. :tup:
hector

Post by hector »

gessa wrote:Probably never been great at the sweeper system because we've never had the right manager or players to play it, this is a new dawn let's embrace it, the last 13 years have hardly been thrilling. Last season we finished 7th and whatever the reason was for that it wasn't good enough, if the owners/manager look at last season and think only 4/5 of the team were good enough then so be it. Radz is being portrayed as a god presently but his ultimate goal is to get us to the premier league ASAP,he's not doing it for the love of Leeds United, he's doing it to make money so I trust what he's doing to get us there, I feel we're in safe hands now.

Ditto
gessa

Post by gessa »

Bellusci refusing to come back to England, so he's a gonna.
hector

Post by hector »

hope he doesn't slam the door on his way out.....
8ballali
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by 8ballali »

I hope that's true. We don't need him causing trouble in the dressing room.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
Winners never quit! Quitters never win!
(url=http://www.twitter.com/8ballali][/url)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Got a lot of talent Bellusci, especially on the ball, great passer which is something we lacked last season from the back. Sorry to see him go but got slagged off by the fans so probably best all round
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

The sun reporting today that Arsenal want rob green as back up .....

Ok