Tuesday's Breakfast Debate....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Tuesday's Breakfast Debate....

Post by 1964white »

Good Morning Everyone

Leeds are in pole position to snap up Spanish attacking midfielder Samu Saiz.

Even though a host of clubs are after the former Real Madrid player, it seems few of them are keen to match Leeds bid of 3.5m euros, and none are prepared to match Leeds wages of 1m a year :shock:

Does this show intent or is it a big risk ?

Andrea Radrizzani‏@andrearadri
Very please to welcome back Leeds United Ladies in our family

Leeds Utd Ladies play in the Women’s Premier League Northern Division One, and will play their home games at Wheatley Park Stadium, Garforth and two fixtures per season at Elland Road.

Leeds United Ladies first team will also train at Thorp Arch and wear the same kit as the men’s first team.

Leeds United Managing Director Angus Kinnear said: “We are pleased to welcome Leeds United Ladies back into our family, the women’s game is growing in popularity and rightly so, there are some very talented female players in this region and across the country.

“It is important that the club is represented in the leagues and we hope this move will encourage more young girls to get involved in football.”

Is this a good move for Leeds United & shows we are progressing as a whole?
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Re: Tuesday's Breakfast Debate....

Post by Ratscoot »

I'm hoping both moves are showing good intent and that both prove to be well worth the money and the risk
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

I think the Leeds ladies move is a very interesting (and welcome) decision. If for nothing other than the fact the new owner isn't penny pinching as past owners have with casting out the ladies and is trying to rebuild the Leeds united family.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

It's probably a good move but I really don't like watching women' football.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

faaip wrote:

It's probably a good move but I really don't like watching women' football.
That's a good honest opinion.
Most of the time I don't either, but I enjoyed the US ladies winning the World Cup a few years ago so it's specifics for me.
Hell, half the time I don't like the men's game either - last years Euros was a prime example of boring crap - 95% of the games were played not to lose by at least one of the teams and sometimes both. I can see why you don't rate some or all of the international stuff.

I might enjoy some of the Leeds ladies' games because of the shirt - at any rate I'm glad they're back.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Brader wrote:I think the Leeds ladies move is a very interesting (and welcome) decision. If for nothing other than the fact the new owner isn't penny pinching as past owners have with casting out the ladies and is trying to rebuild the Leeds united family.
Agree! :-D
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:It's probably a good move but I really don't like watching women' football.
Not my scene mate however ladies football is a fast growing sport therefore a club with the stature of Leeds United should have a ladies team as is the case with the other big clubs