Wolverhampton wanderers

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Wolverhampton wanderers

Post by beer belly bert »

Bidding £15.7 million for for porto's Ruben neves this on top of the £13 million paid for Helda Costa would take the spending to £50million under Chinese owners Fosun, still don't rate wolves even with the big money buys
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
gessa

Re: Wolverhampton wanderers

Post by gessa »

The natives are getting excited, reckon it's their season Not as giddy as the Villa fans since signing Terry.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:The natives are getting excited, reckon it's their season Not as giddy as the Villa fans since signing Terry.
Imagine getting excited about John Terry :roll:
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

1964white wrote:Imagine getting excited about John Terry :roll:
Not even Mrs Terry does that.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

beer belly bert wrote:Bidding £15.7 million for for porto's Ruben neves this on top of the £13 million paid for Helda Costa would take the spending to £50million under Chinese owners Fosun, still don't rate wolves even with the big money buys
Another club that seemingly doesn't have to abide by the FFP guidelines.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

y weasel wrote:

Another club that seemingly doesn't have to abide by the FFP guidelines.
First thing I thought of too.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Depends how it works surely. I'm all for a salary cap but FFP cannot be policed easily. Wolves are probably within whatever vague and meaningless rules the FL have come up with.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

This is turning into premier league 2 by stealth
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

gessa wrote:The natives are getting excited, reckon it's their season Not as giddy as the Villa fans since signing Terry.
Feels like it's wide open this season, a few of the bigger names in the Championship seem to be pushing hard whilst none of the teams coming down feel like they are nailed on......Norwich still well up in betting and they look to have a distinctly average squad to me.
gessa

Post by gessa »

NorfolkWhite wrote:Feels like it's wide open this season, a few of the bigger names in the Championship seem to be pushing hard whilst none of the teams coming down feel like they are nailed on......Norwich still well up in betting and they look to have a distinctly average squad to me.
I think Wolves and Brum could well be the dark horses this year, only Boro (unfortunately_) from the relegated sides to be up there. Fulham have lost a couple of players so unless they replace them they could be less of a force too. Reading not sure about, I think we have a good as chance as any this year.
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

NorfolkWhite wrote:Feels like it's wide open this season, a few of the bigger names in the Championship seem to be pushing hard whilst none of the teams coming down feel like they are nailed on......Norwich still well up in betting and they look to have a distinctly average squad to me.
They haven't been able to raid the LUFC cupboard for players, thus the distinctly average feel. :-D
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
mchldavies7
First Team
First Team

Post by mchldavies7 »

We'll finish above wolves.
"God will forgive them...he'll forgive them and allow them into heaven...i cant live with that"
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Right now mate I'll have second Brum, the old dog Harry will be chasing too .