R2 buses to Elland Rd

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

R2 buses to Elland Rd

Post by rich_leeds64 »

For years Leeds City council and the local bus company have provided transport to and from Elland Rd on match days but I've had reports from friends that yesterday a local operator, Hunters, is now providing this service and Tbh it was shambolic.
Previously it was excellent, mass transit of people from the coach/ bus park after the game straight to the city centre and the buses would run until the last person was dropped off.
Now with the new company they don't have the same number of buses and they seem a bit over zealous as to how many can get on each bus. They also had trouble finding the way to the ground before KO with fans having to direct them!!!
It's a shame as it used to be a quick and cheap way to and from the ground. :tdown:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: R2 buses to Elland Rd

Post by 1964white »

rich_leeds64 wrote:For years Leeds City council and the local bus company have provided transport to and from Elland Rd on match days but I've had reports from friends that yesterday a local operator, Hunters, is now providing this service and Tbh it was shambolic.
Previously it was excellent, mass transit of people from the coach/ bus park after the game straight to the city centre and the buses would run until the last person was dropped off.
Now with the new company they don't have the same number of buses and they seem a bit over zealous as to how many can get on each bus. They also had trouble finding the way to the ground before KO with fans having to direct them!!!
It's a shame as it used to be a quick and cheap way to and from the ground. :tdown:
Aye we noticed the Hunters buses on the A643, nightmare approach down the slip-road to the roundabout as it wasn't policed so it was a free for all situation at the traffic lights as it was jammed. Hordes of fans were jumping off their buses long before we reached the coach park. Loads of queues after the game waiting a with no sign of a bus in view as we boarded our coach.
Lets hope these are teething problems for this company & they get it right in the future !
Rex deWolf
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: RE: R2 buses to Elland Rd

Post by Rex deWolf »

rich_leeds64 wrote:For years Leeds City council and the local bus company have provided transport to and from Elland Rd on match days but I've had reports from friends that yesterday a local operator, Hunters, is now providing this service and Tbh it was shambolic.
That's disappointing. My friend and I are coming to the Fulham match on Tuesday. Don't know Leeds that well and staying in the city centre, so what are our best options for getting to and from ER. Taxis?

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Rex deWolf wrote:That's disappointing. My friend and I are coming to the Fulham match on Tuesday. Don't know Leeds that well and staying in the city centre, so what are our best options for getting to and from ER. Taxis?

Hard to say Rex, they may have resolved the problems some of our fans endured on Saturday

Taxi is an option !
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

What about the D2 buses?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Rex deWolf wrote:That's disappointing. My friend and I are coming to the Fulham match on Tuesday. Don't know Leeds that well and staying in the city centre, so what are our best options for getting to and from ER. Taxis?

I think you'll be fine using the bus to get to ER because the volume of people is staggered over the run up to KO. But after the game when everyone's trying to get back at the same time you could go to the Peacock or Pavillion for a couple of beers then after the rush catch the number 52,55 or any bus from outside the South stand into the City or get a taxi as the demand will have gone.
Hope you enjoy the game and an idea might be to go in the Scarborough pub before or any pub with Leeds fans in and ask their advice on getting to and from the ground
Rex deWolf
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: RE: Re: RE: R2 buses to Elland Rd

Post by Rex deWolf »

rich_leeds64 wrote:
I think you'll be fine using the bus to get to ER because the volume of people is staggered over the run up to KO. But after the game when everyone's trying to get back at the same time you could go to the Peacock or Pavillion for a couple of beers then after the rush catch the number 52,55 or any bus from outside the South stand into the City or get a taxi as the demand will have gone.
Hope you enjoy the game and an idea might be to go in the Scarborough pub before or any pub with Leeds fans in and ask their advice on getting to and from the ground
Thanks for the info Rich Image Image

Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Very droll faaip. :lol:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Would suggest probably not getting a taxi to the stadium as could cost a fortune if it stuck in traffic, at least with the bus it would be a standard fare and even if you got stuck near the ground you could get out and walk with the hordes.
Rex deWolf
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Rex deWolf »

1964white wrote:
Hard to say Rex, they may have resolved the problems some of our fans endured on Saturday

Taxi is an option !
Just an update. Travelled by R2 bus Sovereign St to ER and back to railway station. Worked great no problems at all. Thanks to all for your help, I'll know the way next time Image

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Rex deWolf wrote:Just an update. Travelled by R2 bus Sovereign St to ER and back to railway station. Worked great no problems at all. Thanks to all for your help, I'll know the way next time Image

Always good when you know where you are going in a strange city

Hope you had a good day :tup:
Rex deWolf
Youth Team
Youth Team

RE: R2 buses to Elland Rd

Post by Rex deWolf »

1964white wrote:
Always good when you know where you are going in a strange city

Hope you had a good day :tup:
Sure did. Pity about the result but as good a 0-0 as I've seen for a while Image

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Rex deWolf wrote:Sure did. Pity about the result but as good a 0-0 as I've seen for a while Image

Was a good nil-niler, both teams played good football as oppose to the Preston goalless draw PNE set out their stall using spoiling tactics & we never got going
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

y faaip wrote:
What about the D2 buses?
Well I think we should give the damned contract to the C3 and PO bus companies on alternate weeks.
At least we'd get some feedback!
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Or maybe we'd just get Darth looks. :duno: